Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does ucl favour further maths? I'm predicted A* in maths and got A for AS so should i be ok?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by thegenius31416)
    Hi guys,

Had a really busy summer and a fair amount to do back at school so haven't really had time for posting. But I'm back now

Grades (damn Physics, 1 UMS off an A! ) and universities/courses in my signature.

Thanks to you two for your concern over my disappearance!
    You're finally back

Don't worry about your B in Physics, your results are amazing! Well done

Nearly ready to apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wachno)
    does ucl favour further maths? I'm predicted A* in further maths and got A for AS so should i be ok?
    What do you think, huh?

ReputationRep:
    Economics at Birmingham, yay or a nay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    You're finally back

Don't worry about your B in Physics, your results are amazing! Well done

Nearly ready to apply?
    Yep, it's been quite a long time, sorry! I did some awesome work experience this summer at a macroeconomics consultancy and I could really see myself in a place like that some day. Everyone spoke at least one foreign language too! I have to go get myself an Economics degree :cool:

Ah, I wasn't happy at first but I think I've just about accepted it now. Still, to be 0.33% off is a little annoying.

Your results are even more amazing, well done! Good luck with your Cambridge application.

Haha, nowhere near. Got loads to do on my personal statement. Fortunately though, I'm not early entry so got plenty of time to make it perfect.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by wachno)
    does ucl favour further maths? I'm predicted A* in further maths and got A for AS so should i be ok?

(Original post by -Illmatic-)
    What do you think, huh?
    Some questions are just beyond me :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Some questions are just beyond me :facepalm:

What do you think, huh?
    S*** massive typo guys. I meant predicted A* in maths, not further maths. sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Need one of the Economics PS helpers to read my Personal Statement, is their any around on this thread? and how do i submit my PS to you?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by thegenius31416)
    Yep, it's been quite a long time, sorry! I did some awesome work experience this summer at a macroeconomics consultancy and I could really see myself in a place like that some day. Everyone spoke at least one foreign language too! I have to go get myself an Economics degree :cool:

Ah, I wasn't happy at first but I think I've just about accepted it now. Still, to be 0.33% off is a little annoying.

Your results are even more amazing, well done! Good luck with your Cambridge application.

Haha, nowhere near. Got loads to do on my personal statement. Fortunately though, I'm not early entry so got plenty of time to make it perfect.
    Wow that sounds amazing! How did you go about getting that kind of work experience? Going to be amazing for your personal statement!

You can always get it mentioned in your reference, but you did 5 AS levels so it doesn't matter one bit

Ah yes, the benefits of the late deadline, fortunately mine is pretty much done now...

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone applying for a BA in economics? I went to Durham last year and I left and am reapplying for economics this year. When I was at Durham there was a lot of anger about them only offering a BA course which is restricting them, anyone got any views on this?

Secondly, im reapplying as I say, hoping to get AAA (already got 300 points) so has anyone got any advice for where to apply? Do you think universities are gonna be a bit more flexible regarding the entry requirements now that the fees are rising so therell possibly be less applicants?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by hypercaine.)
    Is anyone applying for a BA in economics? I went to Durham last year and I left and am reapplying for economics this year. When I was at Durham there was a lot of anger about them only offering a BA course which is restricting them, anyone got any views on this?

Secondly, im reapplying as I say, hoping to get AAA (already got 300 points) so has anyone got any advice for where to apply? Do you think universities are gonna be a bit more flexible regarding the entry requirements now that the fees are rising so therell possibly be less applicants?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    LOL blunt but true :yes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thought it did the job :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Thought it did the job :sexface:
    I'm guessing it did

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Do you think Universities will reject you if you talk a lot about stuff like Game theory when they don't offer the optional module of game theory there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miscellaneous123)
    Do you think Universities will reject you if you talk a lot about stuff like Game theory when they don't offer the optional module of game theory there?
    Why would you talk about game theory, anyway :yawn:

On a serious note, they may think you aint compatible with their degree programme. If you make it subtle enough, you should be okay though
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by miscellaneous123)
    Not reject, but it might make you look like you haven't researched their course.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    How about the BA in economics, any supreme knowledge about that?

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're looking at the lower end of the spectrum...>_>

...I don't see some universities surviving this change...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by hypercaine.)
    How about the BA in economics, any supreme knowledge about that?
    What about it?

(Original post by perrytheplatypus)
    Unless you're looking at the lower end of the spectrum...>_>

...I don't see some universities surviving this change...
    I agree, I think a lot of the lower universities will really struggle. I personally would rather go straight into work than pay £27,000 and waste 3 years at a sub-standard university.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2012

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.