Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I feel sorry for that Warwick representative, they are going to get bombarded with difficult questions now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    I feel sorry for that Warwick representative, they are going to get bombarded with difficult questions now
    LOL its worth clearing up the perpetual confusion with Warwick and Economics. One person tells you one thing, the other another...

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I have decided on (May change)

Bristol
    Nottingham
    Birmingham
    Manchester
    Southampton

Are these choices suitable, I want your opinion. I don't want all rejections
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    LOL its worth clearing up the perpetual confusion with Warwick and Economics. One person tells you one thing, the other another...
    Definitely. I wouldn't be surprised if all the universities had representatives on here in a few years time, in my opinion they're missing a trick by not doing it. By having the person who sits at the end of the emails from prospective applicants dedicated to an account on here you would probably significantly reduce the amount of questions you received.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't know that :eek: How many offers in total?
    It was on the pdf file that was attached to the thread. It said there were 3000 applicants of which 1/3 were made an offer. And of those made an offer, 27% started the course.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dsinghdahiya257)
    Okay so I have decided on (May change)

Bristol
    Nottingham
    Birmingham
    Manchester
    Southampton

Are these choices suitable, I want your opinion. I don't want all rejections
    Seem very reasonable to me
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    It was on the pdf file that was attached to the thread. It said there were 3000 applicants of which 1/3 were made an offer. And of those made an offer, 27% started the course.
    1000 offers? :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    I might apply to Warwick after all

ReputationRep:
    Exactly how I felt. I can only assume that many who were made an offer had other offers which they firmed (Oxbridge, LSE, UCL etc...) and many offers were not met by the candidates. I can't remember how many places they said they had but 270 accepted into the first year seems reasonable so they do know what they're doing with regards to giving out offers
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by zxh800)
    You weren't going to?

Where are you thinking of now?

(Original post by jamiepango)
    Exactly how I felt. I can only assume that many who were made an offer had other offers which they firmed (Oxbridge, LSE, UCL etc...) and many offers were not met by the candidates. I can't remember how many places they said they had but 270 accepted into the first year seems reasonable so they do know what they're doing with regards to giving out offers
    Either way it's a good thing for us!

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, 2 days from our college's internal deadline I'm considering it also after reading that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by internetstephen)
    Lmao, 2 days from our college's internal deadline I'm considering it also after reading that.
    Is that your internal Oxbridge deadline?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somaiyar)
    Is that your internal Oxbridge deadline?
    Yeah.

Edit: I guess I don't have to decide in the next two days and add in choices later but I'd rather it's just over and done with really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by internetstephen)
    Lucky, my oxbridge deadline was one and a half weeks ago, so this has come a bit late. Having said that I still applied Warwick

ReputationRep:
    You weren't going to?

Where are you thinking of now?
    Cambridge, LSE (Maths and Econ), UCL, Warwick and maybe somewhere like York/Exeter/Bath or if I'm feeling daring i'd go for Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    Sent my application off
    1000 offers?! That can't be right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aboosh)
    So! I'm applying this year to do Economics and had a few questions, which the knowledgable amongst you may be able to answer for me!
    I'm a third year student, because I messed up my first year, getting 4 D's. This was mainly due to a **** load of family problems and personal things, and it also effected my GCSE's (in my opinion) so I got some shockers there too! 2 A's, 4 B's 4 C's and a D (in art)...
    However this year I've completely turned it around, getting four A's in my AS's (Economics, Electronics, Maths & Physics), many of which were the highest in my year. I'm now predicted 2 A*'s in Maths and Economics, and an A in Physics. I'm also taking Further Maths to AS and am predicted an A in that too.
    Since turning around I've been thinking that I may have a chance at Oxford as I emailed them and they said there's no problem with the additional year and that I need to show clear upward progression from GCSE, which I definitley have done! I'm also interested in LSE, so my question is; what do you guys think the chances are of getting into these places? Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated!
    Yes you have shown some great improvements but DONT risk 2 choices by applying to LSE and UCL because they will be straight rejections . However maybe Oxbridge coz they do interviews so you may have a chance to sell yourself ..

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how you put your ums scores on the application form?
    I want to show that I was only 1 mark off the next grade (so they know it was high)
    thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Cambridge, LSE (Maths and Econ), UCL, Warwick and maybe somewhere like York/Exeter/Bath or if I'm feeling daring i'd go for Nottingham.
    You see Nottingham as better and harder to get into than Bath? Interesting...

ReputationRep:
    I need to apply to one uni whos asking for 300 or 320 points as a backup, does anyone have any suggestions?
    I only want to put it on just incase I dont actually improve any of my grades (unlikely but my 6th form will want one to be there just in case so I gotta do it)

Also, what do people think would be better; an A* in economics or B in maths?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.