Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    (GCSEs) :getmecoat:
    Have to ask what they were

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aboosh)
    Damn! 41 is awesome though right?! Are you not applying to Oxbridge or LSE? I was thinking Nottingham, Oxford, LSE, Warwick and another for a good insurance, but can't find one that's still quite reputable with lower requirements, apart from somewhere like Royal Holloway, but I didn't really like the place when I went... And now I'm thinking about Cambridge instead although their requirements are higher than Oxford, it seems like applicants have a higher chance of getting in and that there are schemes for people with circumstances like mine. I just don't know anymore... It's all too much! aha
    It's out of 45 I'd say I'm happy with my prediction but there're many people who can do better. I'm not applying to Oxbridge or LSE because I'm not a maths type of person and don't meet their requirements on A2 Maths. I heard Nottingham cares a lot about GCSE too, but less so than LSE and UCL. Hmm the insurance choice is always the tough one! Have you considered Bath (quite risky for insurance)/SOAS/Birmingham?

ReputationRep:
    Guys when putting my Econ grades into UCAS

If I got 90% + in the first 2 modules ( as level )

Should I put the module grades as A* or A, as you cant get A* at as level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boobooboob)

A - you can't get an A* at AS level. If your marks are particularly high you could ask your referee to mention them though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    A - you can't get an A* at AS level. If your marks are particularly high you could ask your referee to mention them though.
    thankayouuuuuuuuuuu

ReputationRep:
    Will Bristol be difficult to get an offer from? (grades in sig)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dsinghdahiya257)
    Will Bristol be difficult to get an offer from? (grades in sig)
    Yes. Bristol is crazy competitive regardless of grades.

20:1 i think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aboosh)
    So! I'm applying this year to do Economics and had a few questions, which the knowledgable amongst you may be able to answer for me!
    I'm a third year student, because I messed up my first year, getting 4 D's. This was mainly due to a **** load of family problems and personal things, and it also effected my GCSE's (in my opinion) so I got some shockers there too! 2 A's, 4 B's 4 C's and a D (in art)...
    However this year I've completely turned it around, getting four A's in my AS's (Economics, Electronics, Maths & Physics), many of which were the highest in my year. I'm now predicted 2 A*'s in Maths and Economics, and an A in Physics. I'm also taking Further Maths to AS and am predicted an A in that too.
    Since turning around I've been thinking that I may have a chance at Oxford as I emailed them and they said there's no problem with the additional year and that I need to show clear upward progression from GCSE, which I definitley have done! I'm also interested in LSE, so my question is; what do you guys think the chances are of getting into these places? Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated!
    Wow, I'm in the same position as you although instead of Physics I took Psychology.

Did you do Further Maths AS in your AS year or you're A2 year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boobooboob)

Uhhhhh it won't let you put A* for AS, there is no option available for that...
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by zxh800)
    Groat and Tateco are the real high flyers!
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groat)
    :hugs:
    What happened to your economics quote in your sig? :eek:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Bit quiet today...

Everyone too busy analysing the European Sovereign Debt Crisis? Thought so :sexface:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by nightmare91)
    "The economy depends about as much on economists as the weather does on weather forecasters. - Jean-Paul Kauffmann"

ReputationRep:
    ^^^^awwwwwwwwwww. Anyways, should you write about how the subjects you do at A level can help you later on. Because, how on earth does biology help???
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    ^^^^awwwwwwwwwww. Anyways, should you write about how the subjects you do at A level can help you later on. Because, how on earth does biology help???
    Only if you can think of something interesting to say.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I don't know what you mean. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    "The economy depends about as much on economists as the weather does on weather forecasters. - Jean-Paul Kauffmann"
    "Economists cannot forecast well... but experience shows that they forecast the economy better than any other group thus far discovered." Paul A. Samuelson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groat)
    I don't know what you mean. :ninja:
    Haha that is so weird. I looked at your signature and it was gone somehow so I assumed you removed it. But now it's there again Maybe I just have bad eyes
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Haha that is so weird. I looked at your signature and it was gone somehow so I assumed you removed it. But now it's there again Maybe I just have bad eyes
    Your eyes are fine
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I added it again for you.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2012

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.