1) Put UMS scores in the "other" box on the UCAS form
    2) Email them your scores after submitting the UCAS form
    Ah right yeah didn't know that- thanks man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 94george94)
    LOL I dropped 9 UMS marks, should've been 100 GRRR
    Yes I too dropped 3^2 marks in the C1 paper

ReputationRep:
    What about other applicants unaware of the need for ums as it does not state on prospectus or site surely they would email us all individually a separate form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CloClo7)
    I'm annoyed with my current predicted grades. AAA (+A GS and A EPQ). However, I got 98% in Geography, and 92% in both Maths and Economics (admittedly only took one module at AS, but got between 91 and 99% on internal mocks I was doing). The geography I could possibly get changed to an A*, but the others is looking extremely unlikely :mad:
    I wouldn't worry too much, some people play out the importance of predicted grades way too much. Universities will know that some colleges are reluctant to predict A*s, whilst other colleges predict somewhat more optimistically

Having said that, there's no harm trying to increase your predicted grades; try and convince your teachers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychotic546)
    As discussed a few pages back, the options are:
    1) Put UMS scores in the "other" box on the UCAS form
    2) Email them your scores after submitting the UCAS form
    Don't do this, the other box is for a different type of grade, often for foreign qualifications (e.g. 1-5 or whateveR) and don't put in there. UCL e-mailed me saying to put UMS scores in the GCE AS part but this isn't possible and I haven't heard back from them yet. I spoke to my head of sixth form about it and he says don't put UMS in that box, just e-mail them afterwards.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Trizzle)
    Don't do this, the other box is for a different type of grade, often for foreign qualifications (e.g. 1-5 or whateveR) and don't put in there. UCL e-mailed me saying to put UMS scores in the GCE AS part but this isn't possible and I haven't heard back from them yet. I spoke to my head of sixth form about it and he says don't put UMS in that box, just e-mail them afterwards.
    Someone on here has emailed UCL and they said putting it in there is fine, I also called UCAS to check (twice) and they said it is absolutely fine too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    You too! Finalised where you're applying yet?
    Yep! Chosen: Warwick, Bath, Nottingham, Bristol and Southampton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    I wouldn't worry too much, some people play out the importance of predicted grades way too much. Universities will know that some colleges are reluctant to predict A*s, whilst other colleges predict somewhat more optimistically

Having said that, there's no harm trying to increase your predicted grades; try and convince your teachers
    I got predicted the A* in geography, neither of the others is being raised.

I think its cos I only say S1 and Econ 1, however internal exams and past papers (in exam conditions) were also 90+UMS. Oh well, not much I can do about it, and my choices are AAA-ABB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Someone on here has emailed UCL and they said putting it in there is fine, I also called UCAS to check (twice) and they said it is absolutely fine too.
    Say whaaaaaa? I just took my UMS out of there lol
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Yep! Chosen: Warwick, Bath, Nottingham, Bristol and Southampton
    Nice choices! I was torn between Bristol and Nottingham and if I had an extra choice it would have been there too!

ReputationRep:
    hi guys,
    when writing you economic PS did you have a conclusion. I'm debating whether to make space for a conclusion or if its fine to finish after my Extra curricular paragraph??

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wachno)
    hi guys,
    when writing you economic PS did you have a conclusion. I'm debating whether to make space for a conclusion or if its fine to finish after my Extra curricular paragraph??

Thanks!
    I think its a good idea to have a concluding sentence and this should be seperate from the bulk of the PS (if line limits allow).

ReputationRep:
    How do people not On tsr know to put ums on for ucl they don't state it anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trizzle)
    Yeah I have checked with UCL and my school said it would be okay to put it in the "other" box

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CloClo7)
    I got predicted the A* in geography, neither of the others is being raised.

I think its cos I only say S1 and Econ 1, however internal exams and past papers (in exam conditions) were also 90+UMS. Oh well, not much I can do about it, and my choices are AAA-ABB
    Ah I see, still seems a bit harsh though. At least you got one A* Good luck on your application

ReputationRep:
    How do people not On tsr know to put ums on for ucl they don't state it anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoky188)
    One assumes that they will be informed by UCL at some point of the necessity, but it is a bit odd that they don't state it on their website.

ReputationRep:
    If I was offered a place at the new college of humanities for economics for absolutely free (100% scholarship), do you guys think I should pick that over my other choices ( Cam/LSE/War/Bath/York). It doesn't have a credible reputation yet, but it offers University of London degrees and their diploma sounds great. If not over Cam/LSE what about warwick , bath or york ?

ReputationRep:
    On your personal statements did you spend much time writing about yourself? Or was the majority of it purely about yourself?

Also, any Oxbridge candidates who have yet to send their application off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    Ah I see, still seems a bit harsh though. At least you got one A* Good luck on your application
    Maybe, though tbf at the start of the AS year they annoyed me by predicting me all Bs (and a D in chemistry after a spectactular fail at the first end of unit test).....made me bloody determined to prove them wrong, and its working this year. I'll get those A*s

My biggest worry is my automatic referee (form tutor) doesn't know what actuarial science is. My reference is currently in bullet points, he syas its finished :eek: Tomorrows free periods will involve begging various members of staff to write it for me instead

On another point, and maybe slightly unrelated to this topic but you guys seem to give good answers....I was going to have City Foundation Course as a back up (BBB), the standard course is (A*AA). Its not where I want to go anyway, but which of the two courses would people go for?
    My lowest other choice seems to be AAB-ABB...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.