Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For someone with an A*AAA prediction, averaging 88% over my top 3 modules, and with mediocre GCSEs (A*A*AAAAAAAB) which of the following 2 would you recommend for a long shot university: Warwick or UCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    Wow i would say go for your offer! Well done! Maybe wait until you get your replies back before making any rash decisions, though

Once again well done!
    I haven't got any offers yet lol. What part of what I said above caused you to think I have offers ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 94george94)
    For someone with an A*AAA prediction, averaging 88% over my top 3 modules, and with mediocre GCSEs (A*A*AAAAAAAB) which of the following 2 would you recommend for a long shot university: Warwick or UCL?
    I think UCL is harder to get into, but given the choice I might actually prefer Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    City or Southampton for straight Economics?

ReputationRep:
    Sent off my UCAS to school today. Not very confident at all (albeit irrationally). Am ****tin brix.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CloClo7)
    Maybe, though tbf at the start of the AS year they annoyed me by predicting me all Bs (and a D in chemistry after a spectactular fail at the first end of unit test).....made me bloody determined to prove them wrong, and its working this year. I'll get those A*s

My biggest worry is my automatic referee (form tutor) doesn't know what actuarial science is. My reference is currently in bullet points, he syas its finished :eek: Tomorrows free periods will involve begging various members of staff to write it for me instead

On another point, and maybe slightly unrelated to this topic but you guys seem to give good answers....I was going to have City Foundation Course as a back up (BBB), the standard course is (A*AA). Its not where I want to go anyway, but which of the two courses would people go for?
    My lowest other choice seems to be AAB-ABB...
    I guess it gives you extra motivation to do well!

Our college makes each subject teacher write out a reference for their students, and then the referee combines all of them into a single reference. I think it would be a good idea to get your teachers to write something for you.

If you don't want to go somewhere, you should not apply there. I'm also having second thoughts on some of my choices when I actually imagine going there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economyst)
    I haven't got any offers yet lol. What part of what I said above caused you to think I have offers ?
    Epic fail. I'm hardly awake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    Sent off my UCAS to school today. Not very confident at all (albeit irrationally). Am ****tin brix.
    * (****ing bricks ).
    I am so funny

ReputationRep:
    As someone said earlier, there is a greater chance of getting an offer from Warwick than UCL in my opinion. Of course, you should apply to whichever one you prefer more. Why not apply to both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    As someone said earlier, there is a greater chance of getting an offer from Warwick than UCL in my opinion. Of course, you should apply to whichever one you prefer more. Why not apply to both?
    Its strange though- the uni rankings (complete uni guide) ranked Warwick above UCL for two yrs in a row, but then again rankings do not neccessarily reflect which one is more competitive
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Good luck! :hugs:

I sent off my SAQ today. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going for Girton?

ReputationRep:
    one of my friends at school is applying to Girton, any reason for asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    Its strange though- the uni rankings (complete uni guide) ranked Warwick above UCL for two yrs in a row, but then again rankings do not neccessarily reflect which one is more competitive
    Of course. I guess it's just personal preference for which one you go for as there's very little between them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyBrainNeedsBreaks)
    Ditto

ReputationRep:
    Wicked. Just a college that I liked

ReputationRep:
    What was appealing to you about Girton, it was deemed as a lesser college by applicants and my school and they are applying to it as an easier way in, if there is such one.

ReputationRep:
    My schools Physics department are refusing to predict anyone A*s, however they have put in my reference that they expect me to achieve an A* (so, to summarise, are predicting me an A, but have said they expect an A* - nonsensical much?) and my econ department are still in two minds about whether to predict me an A or A* (probably an A) and I'm predicted an A in maths.

At the moment my choices are:

St Andrews
    Notts
    Exeter
    York
    Royal Holloway

are these realistic? I've been debating whether to be daring and replace Exeter with either Durham or preferably Warwick, is this a good idea? (I'm more worried about actually receiving an offer rather than meeting an A*AA offer, although this probably just sounds big headed).

ReputationRep:
    What was appealing to you about Girton, it was deemed as a lesser college by applicants and my school and they are applying to it as an easier way in, if there is such one.

Really?

I just found it to be slightly more state-school friendly than other colleges...I never knew it had this reputation though. Also thinking about Selwyn.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Warwick.

Good luck!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.