Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by graceyk)
    Just got an offer from Bath for Econ & International Development, can't believe how early!
    Well done! Mind me cheekily asking what your AS grades and GCSEs were like, and how many A2s you are doing?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    Damn... and here I thought I actually beat the great Tateco at something
    You did. :sexface:

But neither of you did Further Maths. :giggle:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Damn... and here I thought I actually beat the great Tateco at something
    Haha One of those scores is mine, bet you can't guess which

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Well done! Mind me cheekily asking what your AS grades and GCSEs were like, and how many A2s you are doing?
    Yeah no problem

GCSEs: 12.5 A*s
    AS: 5As in Geography, Maths, Economics&Business, History and Critical Thinking
    A2: Predicted 4 a*s in Geography, Maths, Econ&Bus, Crit Thinking

My offer is A*AA, to include maths, and excluding crit thinking
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by 94george94)
    This is very off the current topic, but how did you revise for your economics exams? I assume you are on OCR by the way.
    I'm on AQA... Groat is on OCR

(Original post by graceyk)
    Yeah no problem

GCSEs: 12.5 A*s
    AS: 5As in Geography, Maths, Economics&Business, History and Critical Thinking
    A2: Predicted 4 a*s in Geography, Maths, Econ&Bus, Crit Thinking

My offer is A*AA, to include maths, and excluding crit thinking
    Thanks Can see why you got an early offer now Good luck with the rest of UCAS

ReputationRep:
    I'm on AQA... Groat is on OCR
    Well my question still stands, how did you revise for it? You got close to 100 right?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feeling slightly :afraid: that offers are being already dished out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    Yes, especially as we could wait until March for an offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groat)
    You did. :sexface:
    Care to elaborate?

(Original post by Groat)
    But neither of you did Further Maths. :giggle:
    Stop rubbing it in.....

Haha One of those scores is mine, bet you can't guess which
    Hmm well I know you got 100 in C1, so it can't be that one. That leaves me with a 50/50 guess. I choose....... C2?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, just sent my UCAS in! Been reading the thread and everyones GCSEs are fantastic, mine are so low in comparison. It's scary waiting for offers, where's everyone applied? I've applied at Cambridge (forced upon me), Warwick, LSE, UCL and Royal Holloway(backup).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingz)
    Ahh, just sent my UCAS in! Been reading the thread and everyones GCSEs are fantastic, mine are so low in comparison. It's scary waiting for offers, where's everyone applied? I've applied at Cambridge (forced upon me), Warwick, LSE, UCL and Royal Holloway(backup).
    Bear in mind this forum isn't a true representation of the student population, so don't let other people's grades worry you

I was nearly forced to apply, but I managed to persuade my parents that it wasn't right for me
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by 94george94)
    Well my question still stands, how did you revise for it? You got close to 100 right?
    I probably didn't do enough revision to be honest, but the main thing is just getting really solid on the theory, and keeping up with the news. So once you have learnt all the theory you could get a revision guide which summarises it, make sure you learn it all and know how to apply it with examples.

Care to elaborate?

Stop rubbing it in.....

Hmm well I know you got 100 in C1, so it can't be that one. That leaves me with a 50/50 guess. I choose....... C2?
    Nicely done :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myyout)
    Hi guys, I will be applying next week hopefully. Just a few last minute thoughts. Do you think it's worth me applying for economics and accounting? Seeing as I've been thinking about getting into accountancy as a career lately. Or would straight economics have better job prospects than a joint honours in economics and accounting? I was thinking about applying for this degree because it seems to be less competitive, and I would be able to hopefully get offers from better universities, than if I applied just for straight economics for all my choices.
    no replies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    Yes! I'm still waiting for mine to be processed and sent off! I feel a bit scared of sending it off :P Hopefully I should send it off by Monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Yes! I'm still waiting for mine to be processed and sent off! I feel a bit scared of sending it off :P Hopefully I should send it off by Monday
    Yup Monday me too :five:

ReputationRep:
    Jesus College interview for Econ is the same day as my 18th birthday :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trizzle)
    Jesus College interview for Econ is the same day as my 18th birthday :O
    Oh that's nice Hopefully they'll be nice to you and ask you some easy questions... you know as a birthday gift

ReputationRep:
    UCAS sent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nightmare91)
    Oh that's nice Hopefully they'll be nice to you and ask you some easy questions... you know as a birthday gift
    Lol this could be the best or worst birthday ever :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blink18254)
    Hi!

Thanks, i'm taking economics, maths, further maths, history and physics.

Where are you applying?
    I'm not doing Economics but hoping to apply to Cambridge, for 2013 though.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.