The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4000
Original post by jamiepango
Thanks! You sent yours a couple of days ago right? Good Luck!

Haha that would be insane, obviously if you get into Cambridge that'll be even more awesome :biggrin:

Yep :biggrin:

Well I'd be happy at any of my choices so either way it'll be good :tongue:
Original post by Tateco
Yep :biggrin:

Well I'd be happy at any of my choices so either way it'll be good :tongue:

Same here, my referee told me to choose universities that I'd be willing to go to as I was struggling to choose an insurance. So in the end I decided not to pick an insurance :s-smilie:

Slightly risky, but what's life without risks eh? :tongue:
Reply 4002
Same here, my referee told me to choose universities that I'd be willing to go to as I was struggling to choose an insurance. So in the end I decided not to pick an insurance :s-smilie:

Slightly risky, but what's life without risks eh? :tongue:

I haven't got an insurance either, A*AA all the way :tongue:

Exactly, in the grand scheme of things not having an insurance isn't going to change your life, but going to a sub-standard university may well do!
Original post by Tateco
I haven't got an insurance either, A*AA all the way :tongue:

Exactly, in the grand scheme of things not having an insurance isn't going to change your life, but going to a sub-standard university may well do!

Precisely. I just hope that this does not back fire in the end...

How are you finding Further Maths? M1 is just horrid, definitely not what I signed up for :tongue:
Reply 4004

How are you finding Further Maths? M1 is just horrid, definitely not what I signed up for :tongue:

I'm actually doing M1 in normal maths (not that it matters), and I hate it too, luckily I can afford to completely screw up 1 unit and could still come out with top grades in both... But I hate D1 too, so it's a bit of a toss up really :wink:
Reply 4005

Don't get me started on M1. :rant:
Original post by Tateco
I'm actually doing M1 in normal maths (not that it matters), and I hate it too, luckily I can afford to completely screw up 1 unit and could still come out with top grades in both... But I hate D1 too, so it's a bit of a toss up really :wink:

I realised that too. I think I will end up shifting S1 and S2 into the Further Maths, leaving me with M1 and M2 for my A2 Maths, so I guess that is a little less pressure :biggrin:

Original post by Groat

Oh dear, physicists will be screaming at us :wink:
You guys are complaining about M1? My Further Maths class was full of wannabe physicists so I had to do M3. :rolleyes:
Reply 4008
I realised that too. I think I will end up shifting S1 and S2 into the Further Maths, leaving me with M1 and M2 for my A2 Maths, so I guess that is a little less pressure :biggrin:

Oh dear, physicists will be screaming at us :wink:

Original post by Groat

Typical economists :rolleyes: (But I do hate physics)
Original post by Tateco
Typical economists :rolleyes: (But I do hate physics)

:ditto:
Reply 4010
Original post by Groat

M1 was a party pooper alright. It ruined my clean sweep in AS Maths :frown:. However, I redressed that with M2.
Reply 4011
Original post by zxh800
M1 was a party pooper alright. It ruined my clean sweep in AS Maths :frown:. However, I redressed that with M2.

C2 ruined mine, I hate radians :rolleyes:
Does M1 get a lot harder? Cos at the mo I prefer it to s1 (hate drawing tables although combinatorics was fun :biggrin:)
Sorry to but in :tongue:
Reply 4013
Original post by zxh800

Half of my UMS lost over six maths modules were from M1. :rant:

What did you get in Maths? :u:
Reply 4014
Original post by Groat
Half of my UMS lost over six maths modules were from M1. :rant:

What did you get in Maths? :u:

PM'd as I don't want negs lol.
Original post by Groat
I think people disliked the fact that you're asking everyone to post their UMS for the benefit of you knowing what the competition is like. I'm not sure why you want to know - there will be loads of people outside of TSR applying to Sidney Sussex.

Also, how can you have 95%+, 94%+ percent rather than 95% and 94%?

I don't think 94% (top three) and 93% (top four) is poor at all.

I just want to know so I can get at least some idea of competition, better than not knowing anything.

By 95%+ I mean that I scored above 95%, so 96,97....

Your right, they aren't poor, but they are still 2%-4% below what the average Cambridge offer holder has.
Original post by zxh800
PM'd as I don't want negs lol.

that good uh ?
Reply 4017
Original post by economyst
I just want to know so I can get at least some idea of competition, better than not knowing anything.

By 95%+ I mean that I scored above 95%, so 96,97....

Your right, they aren't poor, but they are still 2%-4% below what the average Cambridge offer holder has.

Then why not write what you got? I'm not quite understanding your motive here: you want other people to be honest so you can judge the competition, but you're being vague with your own results?
Reply 4018
Original post by economyst
that good uh ?

They're OK but I don't want to take any chances. This thread is always plagued by phantom neggers.
Reply 4019
Original post by tooambitious
Does M1 get a lot harder? Cos at the mo I prefer it to s1 (hate drawing tables although combinatorics was fun :biggrin:)
Sorry to but in :tongue:

Not hard, just extremely dull

Latest

Trending

Trending