Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    Thanks! You sent yours a couple of days ago right? Good Luck!

Haha that would be insane, obviously if you get into Cambridge that'll be even more awesome
    Yep

Well I'd be happy at any of my choices so either way it'll be good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Yep

Well I'd be happy at any of my choices so either way it'll be good
    Same here, my referee told me to choose universities that I'd be willing to go to as I was struggling to choose an insurance. So in the end I decided not to pick an insurance

Slightly risky, but what's life without risks eh?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Same here, my referee told me to choose universities that I'd be willing to go to as I was struggling to choose an insurance. So in the end I decided not to pick an insurance

Slightly risky, but what's life without risks eh?
    I haven't got an insurance either, A*AA all the way

Exactly, in the grand scheme of things not having an insurance isn't going to change your life, but going to a sub-standard university may well do!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got an insurance either, A*AA all the way

Exactly, in the grand scheme of things not having an insurance isn't going to change your life, but going to a sub-standard university may well do!
    Precisely. I just hope that this does not back fire in the end...

How are you finding Further Maths? M1 is just horrid, definitely not what I signed up for
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

How are you finding Further Maths? M1 is just horrid, definitely not what I signed up for
    I'm actually doing M1 in normal maths (not that it matters), and I hate it too, luckily I can afford to completely screw up 1 unit and could still come out with top grades in both... But I hate D1 too, so it's a bit of a toss up really
    • PS Helper

PS Helper

Don't get me started on M1. :rant:

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually doing M1 in normal maths (not that it matters), and I hate it too, luckily I can afford to completely screw up 1 unit and could still come out with top grades in both... But I hate D1 too, so it's a bit of a toss up really
    I realised that too. I think I will end up shifting S1 and S2 into the Further Maths, leaving me with M1 and M2 for my A2 Maths, so I guess that is a little less pressure

(Original post by Groat)
    Oh dear, physicists will be screaming at us
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You guys are complaining about M1? My Further Maths class was full of wannabe physicists so I had to do M3. :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I realised that too. I think I will end up shifting S1 and S2 into the Further Maths, leaving me with M1 and M2 for my A2 Maths, so I guess that is a little less pressure

Oh dear, physicists will be screaming at us

(Original post by Groat)
    Typical economists :rolleyes: (But I do hate physics)

ReputationRep:
    Typical economists :rolleyes: (But I do hate physics)
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groat)
    M1 was a party pooper alright. It ruined my clean sweep in AS Maths . However, I redressed that with M2.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by zxh800)
    M1 was a party pooper alright. It ruined my clean sweep in AS Maths . However, I redressed that with M2.
    C2 ruined mine, I hate radians :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Does M1 get a lot harder? Cos at the mo I prefer it to s1 (hate drawing tables although combinatorics was fun )
    Sorry to but in
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Half of my UMS lost over six maths modules were from M1. :rant:

What did you get in Maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groat)
    Half of my UMS lost over six maths modules were from M1. :rant:

What did you get in Maths?
    PM'd as I don't want negs lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groat)
    I think people disliked the fact that you're asking everyone to post their UMS for the benefit of you knowing what the competition is like. I'm not sure why you want to know - there will be loads of people outside of TSR applying to Sidney Sussex.

Also, how can you have 95%+, 94%+ percent rather than 95% and 94%?

I don't think 94% (top three) and 93% (top four) is poor at all.
    I just want to know so I can get at least some idea of competition, better than not knowing anything.

By 95%+ I mean that I scored above 95%, so 96,97....

Your right, they aren't poor, but they are still 2%-4% below what the average Cambridge offer holder has.

ReputationRep:
    PM'd as I don't want negs lol.
    that good uh ?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by economyst)
    I just want to know so I can get at least some idea of competition, better than not knowing anything.

By 95%+ I mean that I scored above 95%, so 96,97....

Your right, they aren't poor, but they are still 2%-4% below what the average Cambridge offer holder has.
    Then why not write what you got? I'm not quite understanding your motive here: you want other people to be honest so you can judge the competition, but you're being vague with your own results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economyst)
    that good uh ?
    They're OK but I don't want to take any chances. This thread is always plagued by phantom neggers.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by tooambitious)
    Does M1 get a lot harder? Cos at the mo I prefer it to s1 (hate drawing tables although combinatorics was fun )
    Sorry to but in
    Not hard, just extremely dull

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.