Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get the chance to go to summer schools, Saturday university, campus days, summer academies, taster courses or booster courses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Did anyone get the chance to go to summer schools, Saturday university, campus days, summer academies, taster courses or booster courses?
    Are you asking this because of the part on UCAS where they go 'list activities in prep for HE'?

If so, I've listed one Summer School but that was for science and engineering...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    Are you asking this because of the part on UCAS where they go 'list activities in prep for HE'?

If so, I've listed one Summer School but that was for science and engineering...
    Yep, I didn't think they were major important, but the person who does my UCAS process says they are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Yep, I didn't think they were major important, but the person who does my UCAS process says they are
    I was thinking of leaving it out as well as the SS I participated in was nothing to do with economics..perhaps someone else can shed some light on this?

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of leaving it out as well as the SS I participated in was nothing to do with economics..perhaps someone else can shed some light on this?
    Ah well, atleast I have my Personal Statement sorted which is the most important thing :P

Did you send your application off today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Yeah i went to an economics summer school and mentioned it on my PS, and under the activities bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Ah well, atleast I have my Personal Statement sorted which is the most important thing :P

Did you send your application off today?

No

I keep putting it off It's only because my referee is being so slow :rant:

..but he did promise me to send it off by the end of the week (by half term) All the Uni's that I've called claim that they wait until a significant number of applicants have applied so no rush

ReputationRep:
    No

I keep putting it off It's only because my referee is being so slow :rant:

..but he did promise me to send it off by the end of the week (by half term) All the Uni's that I've called claim that they wait until a significant number of applicants have applied so no rush
    Administrative errors is slowing down mine. I'm going to be dreading the long wait for the replies after sending it off

(Original post by crazy1234)
    Yeah i went to an economics summer school and mentioned it on my PS, and under the activities bit
    Nice one crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Administrative errors is slowing down mine. I'm going to be dreading the long wait for the replies after sending it off
    Where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Where have you applied?
    Warwick, Bath, Nottingham, Bristol and Southampton. Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Warwick, Bath, Nottingham, Bristol and Southampton. Yourself?
    Replace Bath with LSE

ReputationRep:
    Just sent my UCAS off :nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    Replace Bath with LSE
    Ah hopefully we both get our places!

(Original post by jamiepango)
    Just sent my UCAS off :nutcase:
    Good luck Jamie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)

Good luck Jamie!
    Thanks Hemzo, you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Yeah! Keep me updated !

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mousebudden)
    Groat and a few others recieved offers from Bath
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    I haven't got any either
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Mousebudden)
    A few for Bath that sent their UCAS off a couple of weeks before the deadline (I think)

ReputationRep:
    Now I need to wait for my referee to sort out my application, so now I guess I just wait

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.