Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    A few for Bath that sent their UCAS off a couple of weeks before the deadline (I think)
    Sorry to but in, but what deadline are you talking about?

ReputationRep:
    People who are doing the SAQ did you put in an additional PS?
    There are things I could talk about it, bu there were reasons I took them out of my PS when writing it, things like lectures attended, essay comps entered etc., but I don't know if it is important enough to write in the additional ps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacky23)
    Sorry to but in, but what deadline are you talking about?
    15th of October (Oxbridge, Medicine, Vet, Dentistry etc...)
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by crazy1234)
    People who are doing the SAQ did you put in an additional PS?
    There are things I could talk about it, bu there were reasons I took them out of my PS when writing it, things like lectures attended, essay comps entered etc., but I don't know if it is important enough to write in the additional ps?
    As long as you're not repeating yourself, go for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    15th of October (Oxbridge, Medicine, Vet, Dentistry etc...)
    okay, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Have most people who are not applying to oxbridge etc sent off their applications already ?

ReputationRep:
    Have most people who are not applying to oxbridge etc sent off their applications already ?
    I've not, but hoping to do it just before the end of the month.

ReputationRep:
    I personally have, as have others. Many people haven't yet. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone in my year have sent off their application unless they had the October 15th deadline. I think most are planning to have it sent off by the end of the month
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Oh dear.

The good one isn't much better in my opinion. A simple answer is dwarfed by waffle.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Groat)
    Oh dear.

The good one isn't much better in my opinion. A simple answer is dwarfed by waffle.
    The budget deficit, not the trade deficit :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Mine will be sent off tomorrow! Was supposed to be today though.
    I doubt many others will have sent theirs off yet though.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys ,

I am currently starting year 12 and I was just wondering if unis like UCL and Warwick have GCSE requirements for economics or economics with statistics.
    I got 6 A*s 4As at GCSE, and i'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Philosophy&Ethics for AS and A2. I do quite a bit of extra circurlar like school plays & musicals, I play the piano, I am in my school Football and cricket teams, I am doing DofE Gold, and general duties around the school.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated just plz no rude comments

Thank youu!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wa 007)
    Hey guys ,

I am currently starting year 12 and I was just wondering if unis like UCL and Warwick have GCSE requirements for economics or economics with statistics.
    I got 6 A*s 4As at GCSE, and i'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Philosophy&Ethics for AS and A2. I do quite a bit of extra circurlar like school plays & musicals, I play the piano, I am in my school Football and cricket teams, I am doing DofE Gold, and general duties around the school.

Thank youu!!
    GCSEs are solid, no problem really, although you would probably have to do all your subjects at A2 (you won't be able to drop any) because a lot of unis will consider maths and further maths too concentrated on one subject area.

It's important to just focus on your AS levels and not just get straight As, but over 90% so you can get those A* predictions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pancakeman123)
    Has anyone had an acknowledgement email/letter from Nottingham yet???

Nope, only one I'm waiting on.
    I think we can assume that they don't send acknowledgements. I got an email from Nottingham titled Tuition Fee Status, giving me a form to fill out to confirm that I'm a home student (you only receive one if you aren't a British citizen but are 'Settled in the UK' at which point I have to explain that I've lived here 14 out of 18 years of my life)...

But there was no welcome/processing application email that I received before this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FDR)
    GCSEs are solid, no problem really, although you would probably have to do all your subjects at A2 (you won't be able to drop any) because a lot of unis will consider maths and further maths too concentrated on one subject area.

It's important to just focus on your AS levels and not just get straight As, but over 90% so you can get those A* predictions.
    Thanks mare you applying to UCL for eco too then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wa 007)
    Hey guys ,

Thank youu!!
    Drop Philosophy and Ethics if you can- and take on one from history/physics/chemistry/english

The extra curriculars are good- but your academic profile, and your interest towards economics (e.g. extra reading, competitions, epq etc.) will be much more important

GCSEs are fine, I know UCL will care- and there will be people who will have better ones than you, but if your AS are very good then it should still be fine.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    Drop Philosophy and Ethics if you can- and take on one from history/physics/chemistry/english
    Why? Philosophy is a good essay-based subjects and ethics is something that needs to be considered in economics.

ReputationRep:
    Why? Philosophy is a good essay-based subjects and ethics is something that needs to be considered in economics.
    Philosophy is different to philosophy and ethics which is another term for RS
    Well I thought RS had the reputation of not being traditional nor being soft, unlike history and english which are traditional. That is not to say it is an easy A level.

ReputationRep:
    It may be alright look it up to make sure- i am going by what was said in my school

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2012

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.