Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Seriously why aren't you answering him when you know the answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    This really isn't the best way of researching. Just read some undergraduate Micro and Macro textbooks and you should find loads of uses.
    i need to know now. asap. where can i find the answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ...mo...)
    Calculus is used in calculated marginal cost and revenue..that was the result of a quick google search. When it comes to research Google is your best friend..perhaps you could also go to your local library or something :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    Everything has been added, I meant how long does it take for me to get my Track details etc
    Once it has been processed, and you receive acknowledgments, I just used the id on ucas apply, and the same username and password as i used then and it worked for track Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy1234)
    Once it has been processed, and you receive acknowledgments, I just used the id on ucas apply, and the same username and password as i used then and it worked for track Good luck
    I tried that but it didnt work for me...apparently they can change your ID when its being processed
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I tried that but it didnt work for me...apparently they can change your ID when its being processed
    Go onto track, say 'forgot personal ID' and they will e-mail it to you. The username and password will be the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Go onto track, say 'forgot personal ID' and they will e-mail it to you. The username and password will be the same
    SWEAR?! thats pretty wicked. Will try that

ReputationRep:
    SWEAR?! thats pretty wicked. Will try that
    You must have been one of the unlucky ones who's ID has been changed

One a side note, I now have 2 acknowledgements from Bath and UCL. At least I know that I have sent it to the right place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    You must have been one of the unlucky ones who's ID has been changed
    I know man
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Micro: solving consumer problem / producer problem, general equilibrium models, information economics problems (screening, signalling).
    Macro: solving 3-equation models a la Barro-Gordon, Solow-Swan style growth models, real business cycle models.

That's just what I can remember off the top of my head.

ReputationRep:
    Micro: solving consumer problem / producer problem, general equilibrium models, information economics problems (screening, signalling).
    Macro: solving 3-equation models a la Barro-Gordon, Solow-Swan style growth models, real business cycle models.

thanks a lot

ReputationRep:

What is meant by solving consumer problems. Is it calculus or algebra?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    what do you mean by solving consumer problems. Is it calculus or algebra?
    In its simplest form, it's often called the individual's UMP (utility maximisation problem) - they give you the consumer's utility functions and there's a budget constraint due to limited income. It's more calculus than algebra though with trickier formulations you'll probably need to do a bit of algebraic manipulation.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, is there anything in maths by now that doesn't involve some level of algebra?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pancakeman123)
    To be honest, is there anything in maths by now that doesn't involve some level of algebra?
    Kruskal's algorithm?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Kruskal's algorithm?
    D1 is not real maths

ReputationRep:
    D1 is not real maths
    Kruskal's algorithm is in decision
    decision is a maths module
    Kruskal's algorithm is maths
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    D1 is not real maths
    Kruskal's algorithm is in decision
    decision is a maths module
    Kruskal's algorithm is maths
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    :fyi::facepalm:

ReputationRep:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.