Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    It's hard because you cannot really improve them, but some places just might think it is too narrow. You shouldn't be worried about taking more than those three, as Maths and Further Maths really is just a lot of maths and if you're good at Maths then another subject like Physics should be easily manageable.
    so the only way to fix them is to add another subjects or can you remove economics for a science such as physics or chemsitry or is that still too narrow because i may be applying for straight maths as well so further maths is important fo me.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Jed123)
    so the only way to fix them is to add another subjects or can you remove economics for a science such as physics or chemsitry or is that still too narrow because i may be applying for straight maths as well so further maths is important fo me.
    I didn't say they are bad subjects at all, but with your current subjects you could not apply to LSE unless you did an additional subject, so that should tell you something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    I didn't say they are bad subjects at all, but with your current subjects you could not apply to LSE unless you did an additional subject, so that should tell you something.
    Ok thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypercaine.)
    Good choices! Was considering Lancaster for PPE and I did put Birmingham down at one point but swapped it for Manchester I think Birminghams entry requirements are too high personally though, plus I wanna get out of here!
    I completely understand why you want to get out of there..so hopefully i should see you at york hehe :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mousebudden)
    Well done mate, when did you send off your UCAS?

Did you apply for the BSc or Ba at Manchester? I still haven't heard from them.. When did you send off your UCAS mate. Well done by the way!
    I got an offer from Manchester and sent my ucas off on October 14th

ReputationRep:
    Did you apply for the BSc or Ba at Manchester? I still haven't heard from them.. When did you send off your UCAS mate. Well done by the way!
    i applied for the BA (by accident...) and sent my ucas off on the 13th

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me worry too much, haven't even sent off UCAS yet because school are being very slow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 94george94)
    This thread makes me worry too much, haven't even sent off UCAS yet because school are being very slow...
    exactly the same as me... Because its half term my school probably wont send it off till monday/tuesday at best...

So much for no offers being given until January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanlem)
    i applied for the BA (by accident...) and sent my ucas off on the 13th
    When I went to the open day at manchester, they said they literatuz give out offers to everyone who is predicted the right grades

That's all I remember from that day though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perrytheplatypus)
    When I went to the open day at manchester, they said they literatuz give out offers to everyone who is predicted the right grades

Strange.. I still haven't received an offer/acknowledgment from them

ReputationRep:

oh really? Thats promising!

ReputationRep:
    Strange.. I still haven't received an offer/acknowledgment from them
    That's what the lecturer said. They probably give out offers in batches. I'm guessing they haven't given out any offers yet

ReputationRep:
    That's what the lecturer said. They probably give out offers in batches. I'm guessing they haven't given out any offers yet
    i think unis tend to send them in batches in general. cos like i got an offer at the same time as someone else did on tsr. its so nerve wrecking!

ReputationRep:
    What time (in the day) did people receive their offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WalkerPrince)
    What time (in the day) did people receive their offers?
    i got my bristol offer at around 5pm london time.

ReputationRep:
    6:15 pm

ReputationRep:
    for what uni did you get ur offer?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think it's slightly ridiculous that Nottingham aren't giving out any offers until after January?

ReputationRep:
    Same - 6:15
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Pancakeman123)
    Anyone else think it's slightly ridiculous that Nottingham aren't giving out any offers until after January?
    Not really, perhaps they just want to see all the (on time) applications before deciding.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.