The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tomatochuckers
Well done both of you!!! :biggrin:

Safe!
Reply 4781
Well done you two! :biggrin:

(regrets not applying to Bristol instead of Nottingham)
Original post by Tateco

Haha shame! There's no way you would'nt have got an offer xD you'll get a Notts offer anyway so its cool :cool:
Reply 4783
Original post by -Illmatic-
Haha shame! There's no way you would'nt have got an offer xD you'll get a Notts offer anyway so its cool :cool:

Hadn't heard any of this stuff about their bias towards state school, it seemed so hard to get into as so many people got rejections last year with perfect grades and there are so few places. Well done! :biggrin:
Original post by Tateco
Hadn't heard any of this stuff about their bias towards state school, it seemed so hard to get into as so many people got rejections last year with perfect grades and there are so few places. Well done! :biggrin:

My grades are far from perfect! I guess that the P.S and reference were an important factor in my offer, as was my circumstances...
Original post by Tateco

My grades are far from perfect! I guess that the P.S and reference were an important factor in my offer, as was my circumstances...

Yh I am confused by this state school stuff- (which includes grammar schools). Apparently the universities have 'targets' of ensuring that 60% of their offer holders are from state schools, though most of these people already (9/10 in Cambridge's case) had the necessary grades anyway. So I don't think there is any leniency.
Therefore, Illmatic, on top of your decent music taste, your grades must have been good enough, and you must have had a good PS and reference! Though if they do have leniency, I've heard they compare your GCSEs and AS with your school average which will only be an advantage to you Tateco (if you went to an average school)
(edited 12 years ago)
Yh I am confused by this state school stuff- (which includes grammar schools). Apparently the universities have 'targets' of ensuring that 60% of their offer holders are from state schools, though most of these people already (9/10 in Cambridge's case) had the necessary grades anyway. So I don't think there is any leniency.
Therefore, Illmatic, on top of your decent music taste, your grades must have been good enough, and you must have had a good PS and reference! Though I think they compare your GCSEs and AS with your school average which will only be an advantage to you Tateco (if you went to an average school)

Lol I was predicted the necessary grades, so I do agree with you :smile:
Reply 4787

I didn't apply to Bristol :tongue: (not sure if you're talking generally...)
So, the only Unis who have give economics offers so far are:

Warwick (International Students), Manchester, Bath, Sheffield

amirite?
Original post by Tateco
I didn't apply to Bristol :tongue: (not sure if you're talking generally...)

no- generally, and I edited my post. I left something out which made it look like I contradicted myself :smile:
Reply 4790
Original post by Mousebudden

amirite?

Bristol as of today.
Original post by Tateco
Bristol as of today.

Bristol have made some L100 offers before today...maybe not L101 though :dontknow:
Original post by Tateco

I debated applying Nottingham with Bath and Bristol!

Nottingham was my hope for an early offer until they sent that email saying they weren't going to give out any straight economics offers until after Jan deadline....

T_T
Original post by Mousebudden

amirite?

Warwick have given to home students. Someone in my school has an L100 offer
Original post by jhthed
When will we know of our fate?

I'm guessing after Jan deadline for those of us without straight A*s at GCSE? well that's what I'm thinking
Bristol have made some L100 offers before today...maybe not L101 though :dontknow:

When you applied for study in continental Europe did you have to put which language you want to do? always wondered
Original post by 94george94
When you applied for study in continental Europe did you have to put which language you want to do? always wondered

You had to select a country; I put Germany.
Original post by hollyfurniss
Me too! It's my first choice without a doubt, I'm obsessed. Why's that, just because it's less competitive?

That
well anyway good luck, may see you at LSE next year!
You had to select a country; I put Germany.

When do you select? Because i'm considering changing one of my unis to Bristol for that course
Reply 4799
Original post by funkydee
I debated applying Nottingham with Bath and Bristol!

Nottingham was my hope for an early offer until they sent that email saying they weren't going to give out any straight economics offers until after Jan deadline....

T_T

:afraid:

Latest

Trending

Trending