The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

people need to stop stressing about this
its just a fackin questionnaire
Reply 5021
Original post by jamiepango
I received it via email at around 5ish. I wouldn't worry, they are probably sending it in batches so you'll get it soon :smile:

Good luck! Rooting for the underdog :tongue: Hope you succeed in doing what I was too scared to try
Reply 5022
Original post by jedhemsley
people need to stop stressing about this
its just a fackin questionnaire

People having nothing else to worry about to do with their application, naturally they will worry a lot about the most menial things because they have nothing else they can improve.
Original post by Tateco
Good luck! Rooting for the underdog :tongue: Hope you succeed in doing what I was too scared to try

Pahaa stranger things have happened...but not too much stranger mind! :tongue:
Bets to see how long I last? :wink:

No you weren't too scared, merely realistic whereas I was just being naive :colondollar::colondollar:
Sent my completed LSE SAQ just now!
Reply 5025
Original post by sabka7
i have never heard of lse giving out step offers (for econ, I presume that's what you're applying for)

why would you want to hide the fact you're doing step?!

if you didn't put it down and got rejected wouldn't you always wonder...
if you do put it down and (somehow) got a step offer, atleast you'll be in a position to choose to accept or not (as opposed to having no choice at all)

or alternatively ask an adult who has more experience with the application process.

I am not considering hiding STEP. I am wondering whether someone who wasn't initially doing it should go out of his way and do it just so he can improve his application to LSE. Of course this is based on the assumption that STEP will improve the chances of an offer, what do you think will it ?
If I'm asked to list some topics I'm specifically interested in/would like to talk about for my Cambridge interview, do you thinks it's okay to list books? (Two out of the three topics would be books.) There are no books mentioned in my ps, and I don't study Economics at school, so that's why I thought it would be nice to mention these.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :smile:
Reply 5027
Hmm, I might sound very trivial but I got mine at 4:18 pm. Do you think the order in which they give out these LSE SAQ's has any significance ?
Reply 5028
Original post by esztereva
If I'm asked to list some topics I'm specifically interested in/would like to talk about for my Cambridge interview, do you thinks it's okay to list books? (Two out of the three topics would be books.) There are no books mentioned in my ps, and I don't study Economics at school, so that's why I thought it would be nice to mention these.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :smile:

If they ask for topics I would give them topics and not titles of books. Of course there is nothing wrong with mentioning topics from books.
Reply 5029
Original post by MWM
Hmm, I might sound very trivial but I got mine at 4:18 pm. Do you think the order in which they give out these LSE SAQ's has any significance ?

:L talk about reading into things too much, it's just going to be alphabetical or something
you need to pop a pill and relax a little :P
Original post by MWM

if you received it at 4:18 then you are to be rejected in the next week :colone:
anyone else wish they could just fast-forward to March?
Original post by funkydee

Yes... The upcoming weeks are going to be so stressful..
Reply 5034

:yes:
Reply 5035
Original post by Groat
:yes:

Pretty much LSE's version of the SAQ, except none of the extended questions such as an additional personal statement, etc.

Uhm, still nothing in my inbox. No idea what this is supposed to mean.
Reply 5036
Does anyone know which applicants are getting this questionnaire? With regards to the course they're applying for? Is it subject specific for just a few programmes?

yessss the mental stressss is untolerable!!
Original post by MWM

Reply 5039
I think the additional questionnaire from LSE is only for home students, so international ones don't need to be worried.
Has any international student got the form ?

Latest

Trending

Trending