Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.H.P.C.)
    Anyone else got a mathematical interview as well as an economics one at Cambridge?
    Don't have confirmation of the interview yet, but Downing have a maths interview.

ReputationRep:
    Yea I do, they say I have a one hour test and they told me calculators are allowed. Apparently there I also some statistical questions in my interview. This is Sidney Sussex.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, I don't have a test, I've got a 20 minute interview to "assess my Maths ability" as well as a standard economics interview and a TSA. Not really sure what the Maths interview will involve
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by H.H.P.C.)
    Oh right, I don't have a test, I've got a 20 minute interview to "assess my Maths ability" as well as a standard economics interview and a TSA. Not really sure what the Maths interview will involve
    I'm guessing calculus (differentiation and the like) and statistics (probability and the like).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I'm guessing calculus (differentiation and the like) and statistics (probability and the like).
    I've done A2 maths and am going FM. Do you think I'll have to revise C4 stuff (like C4 integration and the like) as well as FP1 and FP2?

I'm applying for Chuchill if that helps.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by zxh800)
    I've done A2 maths and am going FM. Do you think I'll have to revise C4 stuff (like C4 integration and the like) as well as FP1 and FP2?
    I wouldn't expect integration as it isn't used that much, but if it's in C4 you should probably know it just to be safe. As for FP1 and FP2 I'd only revise potentially relevant material, so perhaps matrices and differential / difference equations (though to be honest I'd be surprised if they did give you these kind of questions).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I wouldn't expect integration as it isn't used that much, but if it's in C4 you should probably know it just to be safe. As for FP1 and FP2 I'd only revise potentially relevant material, so perhaps matrices and differential / difference equations (though to be honest I'd be surprised if they did give you these kind of questions).
    Right thanks. One last thing, how far into the A2 material are we expected to know? I'd expect the earlier parts of the units such as the Philips Curve and the theory of a firm stuff for sure but what about the others? I'd hate to be caught with my pants down, so to speak. But, the less material needed to cover means the more detail i can cover the material in.

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offer from Bristol
    Came exactly at 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaina94)
    Conditional offer from Bristol
    Came exactly at 5
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    Congratulations!
    Thanks! First offer so I'm relieved!

ReputationRep:
    Hello for those who applied for l100 at UCL did they send an email asking for ums or did you email them first your ums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoky188)
    Hello for those who applied for l100 at UCL did they send an email asking for ums or did you email them first your ums.

I got an email asking for my UMS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WalkerPrince)
    Don't feel comfortable saying.

Where else have you applied for by the way?
    LSE, UCL, Warwick and Nottingham. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyBrainNeedsBreaks)
    LSE, UCL, Warwick and Nottingham. You?
    LSE, UCL *Year abroad, Warwick and Bath. Very similar!

ReputationRep:
    Well done on the offers and Cambridge interviews guys!
    Just out of interest, I was wondering what aspect of economics interests you the most?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbyyyyyyy)
    what are your as and predicted grades like? did you put your module scores down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoky188)
    what are your as and predicted grades like? did you put your module scores down?

ReputationRep:
    As somebody who has not taken maths since GCSE and not studied Economics at A2, what would you advise that I look up on before I start my studies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WalkerPrince)
    Mid afternoon, you?

And yes, that is me in the YouTube clip.
    wow... that's some incredible stuff, you are so talented :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbyyyyyyy)
    Thanks for replying how long was this after acknowledgement letter thank you

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.