Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by joshgoldman)
    I think it's 2013's that would see big changes.. Mainly for admission statistics, surely our year's will differ quite a lot from last years due to fees and blah blah blah.
    I think it will be quite hard to predict what will happen in our year of applications. Because this year lots of people were rushing in to beat the fee rise and now the fee rise has happened no one really knows what will happen to the level of applications. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Two History exams and C1 maths exam next week, hope I reach 90%+ in the tests =D
    Good luck! Next week could shape my chances of getting the elusive 90%+ average over 3 AS-Levels. 5 Maths modules. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groat)
    Good luck! Next week could shape my chances of getting the elusive 90%+ average over 3 AS-Levels. 5 Maths modules. :eek:
    I thought having 3 exams in a row would be bad, you just proved me wrong
    Good luck with yours aswell mate!

ReputationRep:
    hi guys... I'm hoping to apply at the end of next year for economics.... would love to aim for a top 20 university and I have a few down to go and visit such as bristol , exeter, surrey , sussex... (not the best but decent)

Basically im doing maths at the moment AS, and in january I got a B in C1 , retook it last week and think I got an A... I also took stats which I hate and think I got a B in the S1 exam today...

I've been seeing that alot of you are taking up FM as an AS for the second year... Would you say that I would have to be able to be achieving high A grades in maths this year to be able to cope with Further maths AS, because I would really like to do it yet not sure about the difficulty...

this would mean that I have Maths, Economics, Computing , (Further Maths AS)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbo lad)
    hi guys... I'm hoping to apply at the end of next year for economics.... would love to aim for a top 20 university and I have a few down to go and visit such as bristol , exeter, surrey , sussex... (not the best but decent)

Basically im doing maths at the moment AS, and in january I got a B in C1 , retook it last week and think I got an A... I also took stats which I hate and think I got a B in the S1 exam today...

I've been seeing that alot of you are taking up FM as an AS for the second year... Would you say that I would have to be able to be achieving high A grades in maths this year to be able to cope with Further maths AS, because I would really like to do it yet not sure about the difficulty...

no harm in trying it?

ReputationRep:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT

ReputationRep:
    What is this, I don't even.

ReputationRep:
    A PORTABLE DOOR LOCK?
    That's my dream come true. It's a sure fire way to pass my A Levels and get into university, I'll just lock all the invigilators into the cupboard in the sports hall. I'll do the same with any interviewers and steal the mark scheme. :ahee:
    I cannnot for the life of me see any reason why this would fail.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Whew, tough week, I've had 5 Exams over 4 days (History Unit 1 on Tuesday, C1 and M1 on Wednesday, Unit 2 History on Thursday and Econ 1 on Friday). It was an insane juggling act, but I'll have to wait anther 3 bloody months to find out whether I've pulled it off or not.

5 down 6 more to ago though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    Whew, tough week, I've had 5 Exams over 4 days (History Unit 1 on Tuesday, C1 and M1 on Wednesday, Unit 2 History on Thursday and Econ 1 on Friday). It was an insane juggling act, but I'll have to wait anther 3 bloody months to find out whether I've pulled it off or not.

5 down 6 more to ago though.
    Pretty much the same as me, except I didn't have Econ. Got Econ and C2 next week though. All the best for your results mate, pretty sure you did well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Pretty much the same as me, except I didn't have Econ. Got Econ and C2 next week though. All the best for your results mate, pretty sure you did well
    Same here, C2 and Econ 2 next week. Good Luck with your results too!

ReputationRep:
    Hang on... C2 was yesterday?.... well it was for me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quins1)
    Hang on... C2 was yesterday?.... well it was for me anyway.
    Cheers zxh800 and depends on your exam board.. Edexcel had C1 on Wednesday and C2 is on Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    ahh i did it on OCR, cheers
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jimbo lad)

I wouldn't bother with the further maths AS for the universities you're applying too. It will only really make a big difference for the top 5. However if you think you can get a decent grade in the extra AS and it won't harm your other grades AT ALL, then go for it!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've only had one exam so far, C2. It was pretty good, a couple of silly mistakes but still hoping for high marks! When is everyone finished their exams by?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tateco)
    I've only had one exam so far, C2. It was pretty good, a couple of silly mistakes but still hoping for high marks! When is everyone finished their exams by?
    Friday, kind of. 3 last week and 3 this week coming up. Then a month gap before FP1 you?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by sqwerty)
    Friday, kind of. 3 last week and 3 this week coming up. Then a month gap before FP1 you?
    I have four this week and then it's all over. However they're concentrated into the space of 4 days so it's going to be a bit of a nightmare by the time it gets to Wednesday, at least it will be over and done with fast. Are you ready for all your exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tateco)
    I have four this week and then it's all over. However they're concentrated into the space of 4 days so it's going to be a bit of a nightmare by the time it gets to Wednesday, at least it will be over and done with fast. Are you ready for all your exams?
    To be honest, no haha. I have English on Monday and have barely revised but I think I'll be fine. C2 and CHEM2 should be okay as well. How about you?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by sqwerty)
    To be honest, no haha. I have English on Monday and have barely revised but I think I'll be fine. C2 and CHEM2 should be okay as well. How about you?
    I feel quite prepared but not completely ready! I think Chemistry and Biology will be okay but Stats and Economics needs a little more work!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2012

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.