The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5400
Original post by Kachun
Just substituted Surrey for Exeter on track. Good move?

Yes.

Original post by WalkerPrince
Finally got an offer - Bath! (AA) :smile:

Well done :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Since Exeter's economics department is under the Business School, is the course more geared towards business instead of economics theories? I've checked the course structure and it has quite many management + accounting options. If so, does it hinder one to get into a top grad school later?

Also, how would you all rank/compare Exeter's and York's economics departments? I'm mainly interested in the quality of teaching aspect, as well as employability/chances of further studying in a grad school. Thanks!
Original post by varadh
LOL

Hey, Thanks for the support :smile:

Hey man, that was quite mean. Whatever, I guess. I already have my offer and you don't. Live with that.
Predicteds : Maths (A*) Economics (A*) Physics (A) Further Maths (A) Chemistry (B)

Dayum- fiery comeback! :colone:
Reply 5403
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Dayum- fiery comeback! :colone:

Haha Spoicy :wink:

Original post by EmmaBowen
Has anyone had offers from Durham or exeter yet? What grades?!

I have seen some creeping in. So they might start next week. Wishful thinking perhaps :L
Original post by FDR
GCSEs alone will never get you into university.

Warwick are giving out offers to candidates whom the university judges to be the best. Clearly there was something, possibly in the personal statement or reference, that they really liked.

I realise gcse's don't get you into uni etc, I personally don't even believe this LSE gcse myth. and my gcses are marginally better than varadh anyway so I wasn't looking down at his gcses..

My initial assumption came from the fact 8 people in my school have applied for the Warwick L100 and the only guy who has an offer had straight A*s with an A prediction in Maths and no further maths at AS or ALevel, I know PS can come into play but it was just an assumption I made which has clearly been disproved

Either way, CONGRATS varadh on your offer I had no intention of being spiteful.. was just intrigued
Applied yesterday. Acknowledged by Edinburgh last night. Hopefully I get my Glasgow offer within days.
Original post by KIT94
i just got a lancaster offer on thursday so you should be expecting a reply soon :smile:

congrats on your offer! when did you send your application off?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by EmmaBowen
Has anyone had offers from Durham or exeter yet? What grades?!

i got an offer from exeter, but im an international applicant, so dont worry, they're probably doing local applicants after international :smile:
Applied to Warwick and Durham for Economics....any idea when I should be expecting an answer? (I'm not a UK student - European though)
Original post by funkydee
I realise gcse's don't get you into uni etc, I personally don't even believe this LSE gcse myth. and my gcses are marginally better than varadh anyway so I wasn't looking down at his gcses..

My initial assumption came from the fact 8 people in my school have applied for the Warwick L100 and the only guy who has an offer had straight A*s with an A prediction in Maths and no further maths at AS or ALevel, I know PS can come into play but it was just an assumption I made which has clearly been disproved

Either way, CONGRATS varadh on your offer I had no intention of being spiteful.. was just intrigued

It's OK Funkydee, it's OK
Reply 5410
Original post by Tomatochuckers
It's OK Funkydee, it's OK

Tension.
lol.
Reply 5412
Calling out to the Further Mathmos (A2 Further Mathmos in particular) which modules are you guys sitting in Jan?
Original post by zxh800
Calling out to the Further Mathmos (A2 Further Mathmos in particular) which modules are you guys sitting in Jan?

C3, S2 and M2 :frown:
Original post by zxh800

C3, C4, S2, D1, M1 damn my previous incorrect decisions! :angry:
Reply 5415
Original post by pkhelfried

Original post by pkhelfried
Applied to Warwick and Durham for Economics....any idea when I should be expecting an answer? (I'm not a UK student - European though)

I got a Warwick offer through about 10 minutes ago, but I don't know if they're being any different for international (even EU) applicants. Good luck though.
Reply 5416
Got a Bristol and Queen Mary! :biggrin:
Reply 5417
Original post by tiffster
Got a Bristol and Queen Mary! :biggrin:

Well done :smile:
Original post by zxh800

C3- come at me bro
C4- dreading this
M2- dreading also
M1- come at me bro
FP1- come at me bro
Reply 5419
Original post by -Illmatic-
C3- come at me bro
C4- dreading this
M2- dreading also
M1- come at me bro
FP1- come at me bro