Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Kachun)
    Just substituted Surrey for Exeter on track. Good move?
    Yes.

(Original post by WalkerPrince)
    Finally got an offer - Bath! (AA)
    Well done

ReputationRep:
    Since Exeter's economics department is under the Business School, is the course more geared towards business instead of economics theories? I've checked the course structure and it has quite many management + accounting options. If so, does it hinder one to get into a top grad school later?

Also, how would you all rank/compare Exeter's and York's economics departments? I'm mainly interested in the quality of teaching aspect, as well as employability/chances of further studying in a grad school. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by varadh)
    LOL

Hey, Thanks for the support

Hey man, that was quite mean. Whatever, I guess. I already have my offer and you don't. Live with that.
    Predicteds : Maths (A*) Economics (A*) Physics (A) Further Maths (A) Chemistry (B)
    Dayum- fiery comeback!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    Dayum- fiery comeback!
    Haha Spoicy

(Original post by EmmaBowen)
    Has anyone had offers from Durham or exeter yet? What grades?!
    I have seen some creeping in. So they might start next week. Wishful thinking perhaps :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FDR)
    GCSEs alone will never get you into university.

Warwick are giving out offers to candidates whom the university judges to be the best. Clearly there was something, possibly in the personal statement or reference, that they really liked.
    I realise gcse's don't get you into uni etc, I personally don't even believe this LSE gcse myth. and my gcses are marginally better than varadh anyway so I wasn't looking down at his gcses..

My initial assumption came from the fact 8 people in my school have applied for the Warwick L100 and the only guy who has an offer had straight A*s with an A prediction in Maths and no further maths at AS or ALevel, I know PS can come into play but it was just an assumption I made which has clearly been disproved

Either way, CONGRATS varadh on your offer I had no intention of being spiteful.. was just intrigued

ReputationRep:
    Applied yesterday. Acknowledged by Edinburgh last night. Hopefully I get my Glasgow offer within days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KIT94)
    i just got a lancaster offer on thursday so you should be expecting a reply soon

congrats on your offer! when did you send your application off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaBowen)
    Has anyone had offers from Durham or exeter yet? What grades?!
    i got an offer from exeter, but im an international applicant, so dont worry, they're probably doing local applicants after international

ReputationRep:
    Applied to Warwick and Durham for Economics....any idea when I should be expecting an answer? (I'm not a UK student - European though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkydee)
    I realise gcse's don't get you into uni etc, I personally don't even believe this LSE gcse myth. and my gcses are marginally better than varadh anyway so I wasn't looking down at his gcses..

My initial assumption came from the fact 8 people in my school have applied for the Warwick L100 and the only guy who has an offer had straight A*s with an A prediction in Maths and no further maths at AS or ALevel, I know PS can come into play but it was just an assumption I made which has clearly been disproved

Either way, CONGRATS varadh on your offer I had no intention of being spiteful.. was just intrigued
    It's OK Funkydee, it's OK
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    It's OK Funkydee, it's OK
    Tension.

ReputationRep:
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    Calling out to the Further Mathmos (A2 Further Mathmos in particular) which modules are you guys sitting in Jan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    Calling out to the Further Mathmos (A2 Further Mathmos in particular) which modules are you guys sitting in Jan?
    C3, S2 and M2

ReputationRep:
    C3, C4, S2, D1, M1 damn my previous incorrect decisions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkhelfried)
    Applied to Warwick and Durham for Economics....any idea when I should be expecting an answer? (I'm not a UK student - European though)
    I got a Warwick offer through about 10 minutes ago, but I don't know if they're being any different for international (even EU) applicants. Good luck though.

ReputationRep:
    Got a Bristol and Queen Mary!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by tiffster)
    Got a Bristol and Queen Mary!
    Well done

ReputationRep:
    C3- come at me bro
    C4- dreading this
    M2- dreading also
    M1- come at me bro
    FP1- come at me bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    C3- come at me bro
    C4- dreading this
    M2- dreading also
    M1- come at me bro
    FP1- come at me bro
    That's nasty.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2012

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.