Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    This was what was said on mine:
    Did you receive any emails before that?

what did the whole email say?

ReputationRep:
    Economics and Accounting at Brunel!

Got my offer yesterday!! BBC with at least a C at AS Maths! On track for an A in full A Level Further Maths so feeling quite safe!!

I'll let you know when I stop smiling!! Wouldn't want to go anywhere else!!

ReputationRep:
    What are your thoughts on this -
    http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.ph...-oxbridge-mode

Advice for Interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacky23)
    I applied a month ago and got an email a few days later, it didnt ask about ums though. But i have heard other people have been asked for it
    Did you out your UMS on your application ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MWM)
    Thanks, I saw some of your lectures, well done btw

Did you get asked for your UMS form UCL?
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed them

I sent it straight after my application, because I knew they wanted it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MWM)
    Did you out your UMS on your application ?
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WalkerPrince)
    The point where they both have the same gradient, is the point where profit is maximised, in this model.
    Thinking about it, I guess that's right. So there is more than one method of doing this, provided the one I post above is correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WalkerPrince)
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed them

I sent it straight after my application, because I knew they wanted it.
    did you out your UMS on your UCAS form ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    This was what was said on mine:
    did you put UMS on your UCAS ?

ReputationRep:
    i don't know what to do, its been a month since i sent my application off and they havent asked for my UMS. I had no idea they ask for it, where do they say this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 94george94)
    MR=0 is the Revenue Max position.

So differentiate TR to find the max point. Input the X value when MR=0. This should give us max revenue.

If TC is straight then find the Y value of TC when we input the X value when MR=0. This is the lowest TC when TR is maximum.

TR Max - TC with X value when MR=0 = Profit Max.

Just my idea.
    Is it...? Profit maxismisation is not necessarily when total revenue is maximum, what you are finding it simply the profit when revenue is max. Perhaps it could be profit maximising by coincedence but generally it is when the gradient of TC= gradient of TR (of course when TC is below TR).
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Melikeyflute)
    Would you say that the general interviews are not particularly important then? Not really sure what they could test you on really . Mine's a lecturer of arts... How broad is that?!
    They wouldn't have them if they weren't important. I think they're more to assess your motivation and whether you would be suitable to the Cambridge supervision system and general university life.

(Original post by Tateco)
    How can you tell which is your general interview and which is the subject one? Or does not every college do 'general' interviews? Both interviews of mine are with economists and both have preparatory reading...
    Not all colleges distinguish between them.

Good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MWM)
    did you put UMS on your UCAS ?
    No. I e-mailed.

ReputationRep:
    regarding ucl I have the same email on previous page it does not ask for ums yet
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by smoky188)
    regarding ucl I have the same email on previous page it does not ask for ums yet
    If you want to be considered they need your UMS, so send it to them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    If you want to be considered they need your UMS, so send it to them
    But if they don't ask for them and someone didn't know that they are taking them in, which is reasonable as I haven't seen it say anywhere on their website that they require it, then they won't be considered ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MWM)
    But if they don't ask for them and someone didn't know that they are taking them in, which is reasonable as I haven't seen it say anywhere on their website that they require it, then they won't be considered ?
    Unless I'm missing something, it is a weird system, but then UCL is sometimes pretty weird...

But then again, I assume most people who got 90+ in their AS exams made sure that this fact was mentioned somewhere in their application, so maybe it wouldn't affect most people...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get that email about inputing UMS scores in a questionnaire for LSE?

ReputationRep:
    Unless told by ucl themselves how can I not be considered if I don't send them as they never asked in acknowledgements Or website or prospectus I have already told my reference to mention them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoky188)
    Unless told by ucl themselves how can I not be considered if I don't send them as they never asked in acknowledgements Or website or prospectus I have already told my reference to mention them
    I only sent my application to UCL recently; I wouldn't send them anything unless they ask for it, at least that's what I am doing.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.