Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MWM)
    Have ucl and lse started giving out offer then ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordvulture)
    you need to hang out with more educated people :P
    Nope. I roll with academically capable mans. But I will now start to use the word 'abstain' in everyday life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trizzle)
    I'd abstain from commenting on that post

ReputationRep:
    Offers for Bsc Economics at UEA, Sussex and Sheffield so far, just waiting on bristol and kent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MWM)
    Have ucl and lse started giving out offer then ?
    You plonker Rodney

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...BZuHw7l8&gl=GB

ReputationRep:
    how did the interviews go for everyone today???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoky188)
    Do ucl not want non Oxbridge ppl ums then as their email acknowleding you has now changed not asking for ums scores
    I'm not Oxbridge, did not receive the email to send UMS marks, I sent them regardless and they seemed very thankful.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Applying for Economics, who is better to be a referee? Maths or Economics teacher? Or it doesn't matter? If both they do no speak english, they can write, I will translate, but if the uni suggests to contact them straightly? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Obviously Oxford Brookes then.
    One typo...pedantic much?

ReputationRep:
    I lied, I'm still waiting for replies from the unis I listed, applying with actual grades of A*A*A*A*a in economics, maths, further maths, English literature and physics

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Economics with Finance to Bristol, how difficult is it to get into that as compared to Economics.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by nathgooner)
    I lied, I'm still waiting for replies from the unis I listed, applying with actual grades of A*A*A*A*a in economics, maths, further maths, English literature and physics
    :eek4: I am shocked to the core

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dsinghdahiya257)
    I applied for Economics with Finance to Bristol, how difficult is it to get into that as compared to Economics.
    http://www.bristol.ac.uk/prospectus/...103/admissions

about 18:1 so actually more competitive than L100

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertos)
    Hi,

Applying for Economics, who is better to be a referee? Maths or Economics teacher? Or it doesn't matter? If both they do no speak english, they can write, I will translate, but if the uni suggests to contact them straightly? Thanks
    Ohh, is this such a common dilemma? I was quite confused too a while back. I don't think it matters who writes it as long as they talk about how good you are at both Maths and Econ. They might contact the referee if they need to clarify something. But I don't think it would matter if your referee couldn't speak perfectly in English.

ReputationRep:
    Offer LSE Economics! finally! DDDDD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azure.skies)
    Ohh, is this such a common dilemma? I was quite confused too a while back. I don't think it matters who writes it as long as they talk about how good you are at both Maths and Econ. They might contact the referee if they need to clarify something. But I don't think it would matter if your referee couldn't speak perfectly in English.
    Ok. Thanks. Is it common they call to ask smth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhthed)
    Well done!
    Are you domestic, or international?
    Also, if your domestic may I ask what your grades are?

Need to what I need next time round!

ReputationRep:
    A couple of people in my school have now got offers for Warwick econ

In terms of grades
    GCSEs: around 9A*s
    A2 PREDICTIONs: A*A*A*A
    Thought this may be useful for some people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    Well done!
    Are you domestic, or international?
    Also, if your domestic may I ask what your grades are?

Need to what I need next time round!
    International. IGCSE 9A*s. A-level predictions 3A*s (+A* 98 maths achieved). Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhthed)
    Congratulations! Did you get an email from LSE or just UCAS? What where the conidtions, if you don't mind me asking?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.