The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -Illmatic-
Really? How long did it last?

Thirty minutes, went by really quickly though
Reply 5761
Does anyone else think that the maths in these econ interviews is way beyond A level ?
I mean looking back at my interview I wonder how many people could have came up with an logarithmic equation by just looking at a graph of prices. And I consider myself a strong mathematician.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Studentt30
LSE Maths and Economics offer!! Over the moon :biggrin:

Congrats! When did you apply? Are you international, uk or eu student? what were your grades? Gimme all your dets! I'm applying for the same course, which explains the insanity
Original post by MWM
Does anyone else think that the maths in these econ interviews is way beyond A level ?
I mean looking back at my interview I wonder how many people could have came up with an logarithmic equation by just looking at a graph of prices. And I consider myself a strong mathematician.

I feel exactly the same. I showed one of the questions to my further maths teacher and even he couldn't work it out.
Original post by MWM

Dw, from what i have been told if they are asking you hard questions they must be taking you seriously :smile:

But now you are making me scared for mine...
Reply 5765
Yea but seriously there were sometimes questions which I don't see anyone being able to just think up an answer to. There were times when I was silent just thinking "what the ?????".
Reply 5766
Original post by DylanLJG
Damn, for a Cambridge Economics interview they could have asked me something related to Economics. :s-smilie:

College ?
Reply 5767
I know a prospective student to Sidney for econ. I heard you guys had your interview today, how did they all go.
Original post by MWM
College ?

King's
Reply 5769
Original post by MWM
Yea but seriously there were sometimes questions which I don't see anyone being able to just think up an answer to. There were times when I was silent just thinking "what the ?????".

I'm incredibly curious. But, alas I doubt we're allowed to share even between people who've completed their interview.
Reply 5770
Original post by -Illmatic-
anybody apart from Tat still waiting to be interviewed?

Groat :smile:
Original post by Tateco
Groat :smile:

cool!
Reply 5772
Really looking forward to my interview now after everyone's has gone so well! :woo:

:no:
and now a rejection from Manchester! it's all kicking off tonight! still buzzing though :biggrin:
Reply 5774
Original post by RogueTrombonist
and now a rejection from Manchester! it's all kicking off tonight! still buzzing though :biggrin:

Weird :s-smilie: Did you meet the require grades?
Do I need to take a calculator to my interview if it says it is a mathematical one (or do they provide one)?

I've discovered that British calculators are quite different to Ukrainian ones?

(Please no jokes about the technological backwardness of my country, thank you)
Original post by Tateco
Weird :s-smilie: Did you meet the require grades?

Yeah, but slightly poor AS grades would've been the reason why, the universites I applied for were a gamble, expecting no more than 3 offers..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Studentt30
LSE Maths and Economics offer!! Over the moon :biggrin:

when did you send your application off? Well done!!
Reply 5778
offers from birmingham, sheffield and bristol so far!
Reply 5779
Am I the only one without an offer so far? :lolwut: :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending