Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    I would have thought the later it was, the better!
    Of course, you have more time to prepare. On the other hand, some people may want to get them over with and out the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    Of course, you have more time to prepare. On the other hand, some people may want to get them over with and out the way
    Yeah tbf I wouldn't want them to near to Christmas, and there are the Jan exams as well. Don't know if I like interviews or not, they are a chance to shine, but the effort involved with preparing for them (though for econ there's only one and I haven't been preparing)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiemassey)
    thank you! sooo excited.
    where are you applying?
    I'll PM you

ReputationRep:
    I've gotta get a train at 6am on thursday to get to cambridge in time to get to my first interview, at 9. fml.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acerbic)
    I've gotta get a train at 6am on thursday to get to cambridge in time to get to my first interview, at 9. fml.

In all seriousness though, good luck!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by MWM)
    Does anyone else think that the maths in these econ interviews is way beyond A level ?
    I mean looking back at my interview I wonder how many people could have came up with an logarithmic equation by just looking at a graph of prices. And I consider myself a strong mathematician.
    That sounds more like the economic application of maths than maths itself - economists like to log stuff, a lot.

Good luck to those who haven't had their interviews yet, and to everyone on waiting for a reply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Just an interview so far, still waiting on all the others which is so annoying! It's going alright thanks, just want to get it done now, did you apply to Oxbridge?
    Homerton Cambridge. I've done my interview and tests. Your offers will come in sooner or later, we're all sure of that lol.

(Original post by DylanLJG)
    Damn, for a Cambridge Economics interview they could have asked me something related to Economics.
    I walked out of the interview room thinking it was a math interview

(Original post by MWM)
    Does anyone else think that the maths in these econ interviews is way beyond A level ?
    I mean looking back at my interview I wonder how many people could have came up with an logarithmic equation by just looking at a graph of prices. And I consider myself a strong mathematician.
    I don't think they expect you to come up with the solution quickly (if at all). You are expected to think mathematically, pick up any clues they give and keep going.

ReputationRep:
    My friend is thinking of applying to Sidney Sussex for econ, is there anyone on this thread who applied there ? How did your interviews go ?

ReputationRep:
    have LSE started offers? i saw one on a previous thread, just wondering
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Nadine10)
    have LSE started offers? i saw one on a previous thread, just wondering
    Apparently so

How was your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Southampton

ReputationRep:
    Apparently so

How was your interview?
    i think it went quite well, i did my best and now just time will tell but i am a bit worried about LSE now. and warwick. both have started giving offers for econ and I haven't heard back - i dont no why because my grades and predicted ones way more than required.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    I have no offers
    Neither do I.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Nadine10)
    i think it went quite well, i did my best and now just time will tell but i am a bit worried about LSE now. and warwick. both have started giving offers for econ and I haven't heard back - i dont no why because my grades and predicted ones way more than required.
    I haven't heard from Warwick either and I know a lot of good people are still waiting so I wouldn't panic!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard from Warwick either and I know a lot of good people are still waiting so I wouldn't panic!
    lol im trying not to, but LSE has got me super worried now haha i have some crazy impluse to just yell "WHYYYY?!?!?" at their faces but that wont make the best first impression.

but thanks

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham Offer! I'm so shocked :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azure.skies)
    Birmingham Offer! I'm so shocked :O
    SAME! Just received it today

ReputationRep:
    conditional offer from exeter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kachun)
    SAME! Just received it today
    Mine just showed up minutes ago while I was already on track and then I see I have an email from UCAS. So I had click on choices lol It was so funny. At least some university wants me Congrats to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muse123)
    Offer from Southampton
    Offer from Exeter Two offers in a day, love it!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.