Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    What you're thinking
    Okay...:K:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Back from Oxford... Those 4 days were just amazing, I already miss Oxford Interviews weren't horrible but not that great either... They didn't ask me a single thing on the eurozone crisis or other economics related topics I prepared for. It was just Game theory in my economics interview and for management it was a text from the guardian which I had to analyse and comment on... I didn't get a third interview though, that is, I was only interviewed by the college I applied to (Merton). Don't know whether that's a good thing or not...

Oh and by the way: Got a Warwick L100 offer yesterday
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by nightmare91)
    Hey guys! Back from Oxford... Those 4 days were just amazing, I already miss Oxford Interviews weren't horrible but not that great either... They didn't ask me a single thing on the eurozone crisis or other economics related topics I prepared for. It was just Game theory in my economics interview and for management it was a text from the guardian which I had to analyse and comment on... I didn't get a third interview though, that is, I was only interviewed by the college I applied to (Merton). Don't know whether that's a good thing or not...

Glad your interview went well and well done on the offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Glad your interview went well and well done on the offer!
    Thankyou! What about you? How did your interviews go?

ReputationRep:

That's a pretty sweet offer to fall back on :cool:

ReputationRep:

Well done on the offer! Don't worry about only one college interviewing you, my sister only had one at Magdalen (law) and was given an offer and told she performed second best at interview, so hopefully this is a good sign! Your interview sounds quite interesting especially about the management, hopefully I get one next year too
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thankyou! What about you? How did your interviews go?
    OK I think, hard to tell! Just wish some of my other universities would get a move on!

ReputationRep:
    OK I think, hard to tell! Just wish some of my other universities would get a move on!
    Your interview is over as well

I wouldn't be too worried if I were you - most people, myself included tend to be pessimistic when nervous. You probably did quite well ^_^

Has anyone applied to the same uni more than once and recieved offers for all those courses? I've got a friend with four offers from somewhere, but I'm not sure if that's just that specific university who give out multiple offers...

ReputationRep:
    Anybody taking the OCR: Work & Leisure exam in January?

Have you started revising? Would you like to discuss ideas through PMs closer to the date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 94george94)
    Anybody taking the OCR: Work & Leisure exam in January?

Have you started revising? Would you like to discuss ideas through PMs closer to the date?

what do you study in Work and Leisure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadine10)
    what do you study in Work and Leisure?
    Wage Rates
    Poverty & Inequality
    Market Structures
    Leisure Markets
    Trade Unions etc.

Just a few of the topics that come to mind, it's an awful module in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 94george94)
    Wage Rates
    Poverty & Inequality
    Market Structures
    Leisure Markets
    Trade Unions etc.

Just a few of the topics that come to mind, it's an awful module in my opinion.
    What do you study under Leisure Markets?

ReputationRep:
    Yea hopefully you'll get offers soon! When will Cambride send out the offers/rejections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    What do you study under Leisure Markets?
    I'm doing ocr work and leisure in jan. I have started revision, because I really want that A* .

We study:
    Holiday & Air Travel
    Cinema Admissions
    Spectator Sports
    Television Broadcasting.

I think it's quite simple, apart from the fact you have to remember the features of the individual markets :mad:

ReputationRep:

I've just got back from Oxford as well, Christ Church, and have a Warwick L100 offer. I was just wondering what you plan to do if you don't get the Oxford offer, assuming that grades are good, would you reapply to Oxford/ apply to Cambridge next year, or just go with Warwick? I was so pleased when I got the Warwick offer, but having spent 4 days in Oxford, don't really want to study anywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quark123)
    I've just got back from Oxford as well, Christ Church, and have a Warwick L100 offer. I was just wondering what you plan to do if you don't get the Oxford offer, assuming that grades are good, would you reapply to Oxford/ apply to Cambridge next year, or just go with Warwick? I was so pleased when I got the Warwick offer, but having spent 4 days in Oxford, don't really want to study anywhere else.
    I totally understand you. Oxford is so amazing, I really want to study there. I mean before I stayed there for 5 days, I of course wanted to get accepted by Oxford but I am sure it wouldn't have crushed me if they had rejected me pre-interview... Those 4 days though made it clear that this is the perfect place to study. But I don't think I would reapply. It was such a mind-exhausting time and as a German I had to spend a lot of money as well... Now we have to wait until Christmas... How did your interviews go? What was the economics interview like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quark123)
    Warwick econ is pretty slick, 4th according to the complete uni guide, and will put you in good stead, not sure if it would be worth reapplying... What are you thinking of doing in the future out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    Warwick econ is pretty slick, 4th according to the complete uni guide, and will put you in good stead, not sure if it would be worth reapplying... What are you thinking of doing in the future out of interest?
    Do you like Task Force out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    It seems that UCL is waiting for the 15/1/12 deadline to give out offers and rejections
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Francium)
    It seems that UCL is waiting for the 15/1/12 deadline to give out offers and rejections
    Is that fact or simply speculation?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.