Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 94george94)
    Yes, Jehst is my favourite, Skinny Man, Rhyme Asylum, Kyza, Foreign Beggars, LDZ, Braintax
    Yup looks like I stumbled upon a UKHH head. I like all of them but never heard of LDZ. My favourites are Jehst, Lowkey, Akala, Klashnekoff, (now) Task Force, and English Frank.
    Have to admit, disappointed with how little the UKHH scene is, but Mic Righteous and Kingpin are defo great prospects!
    Everyone in Peoples army is good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetascandy)
    What was LSE like guys? The campus, the people, location, etc etc.
    The campus, well... what campus? You couldn't really call it a campus, more a cluster of buildings. If you're looking for a campus university then this isn't it. The buildings are new(ish) compared to UCL, but they're pretty much standard London buildings.

As you may already know, LSE has many international applicants, especially Asians. This was reflected in the talks that I attended, where I walked in and saw the majority of heads bore black hair Of course, this is a good thing as I'd love to meet people from all around the globe, and LSE is as international as it gets.

Location wise, it's London so obviously it'll be convenient going out and such. I can't really remember whereabouts the main buildings were situated but it took around 15 minutes from Waterloo to get there.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    The campus, well... what campus? You couldn't really call it a campus, more a cluster of buildings. If you're looking for a campus university then this isn't it. The buildings are new(ish) compared to UCL, but they're pretty much standard London buildings.

As you may already know, LSE has many international applicants, especially Asians. This was reflected in the talks that I attended, where I walked in and saw the majority of heads bore black hair Of course, this is a good thing as I'd love to meet people from all around the globe, and LSE is as international as it gets.

Location wise, it's London so obviously it'll be convenient going out and such. I can't really remember whereabouts the main buildings were situated but it took around 15 minutes from Waterloo to get there.

Hope this helps
    Thanks for all the info, +rep Yeah I have heard a lot about it being highly-chinese oriented, but that's not a problem! :p: I couldn't help but notice that you went to UCL as well.. which did you prefer out of the two? If you got offers from both (assuming you've applied), which would you choose?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the info, +rep Yeah I have heard a lot about it being highly-chinese oriented, but that's not a problem! :p: I couldn't help but notice that you went to UCL as well.. which did you prefer out of the two? If you got offers from both (assuming you've applied), which would you choose?
    i know you're not directing the qn to me but i'd choose UCL haha, cos it seemed more fun

ReputationRep:
    I already have offers from Warwick and St.Andrews, anyone got offers from UCL?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by varadh)
    I already have offers from Warwick and St.Andrews, anyone got offers from UCL?
    Not as far as I know, what was your offer from St. Andrews?

ReputationRep:
    You clever guys and your Warwick offers. Its my birthday tomorrow if I get an offer then I will scream like a little girl lol. If I get a rejection I will drink a bit more than usual haha.Although, I'll probably hear nothing anyways...

ReputationRep:
    Can people reccommend any revision websites for AS Macro? How is Tutor2u?

ReputationRep:
    Thought I saw UCL giving out offers Econs early November last year. What happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    All I want for Christmas...is a Warwick offer...THATS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK, IS IT?! :emo:

I want this too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhthed)
    Thought I saw UCL giving out offers Econs early November last year. What happened?
    I thought so too. I really hope I get a UCL offer if I don't get one from Cambridge so dying waiting for them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irenicis)
    i know you're not directing the qn to me but i'd choose UCL haha, cos it seemed more fun
    What makes you say that? Even if you get a place for pure economics at London School of Economics, you'd still choose UCL? Fair enough I guess
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jhthed)
    You have an LSE offer though? Why are you bothered...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    All I want for Christmas...is a Warwick offer...THATS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK, IS IT?! :emo:

What are your predicted grades?
    Sweet name by the way

ReputationRep:
    Lse offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nathgooner)
    Lse offer!
    Well done. It was to be expected with 4A* achieved.

ReputationRep:
    I would be extremely lucky if I got an offer from either one; I'm not really expecting an offer so that hasn't really crossed my mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    Well done. It was to be expected with 4A* achieved.
    Thanks dude, but tbh I'm waiting on Oxford, and failing that UCL. LSE doesn't really appeal to me as an overall place, the atmosphere is too workmanlike!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nathgooner)
    Thanks dude, but tbh I'm waiting on Oxford, and failing that UCL. LSE doesn't really appeal to me as an overall place, the atmosphere is too workmanlike!
    Fair enough! Although, for me personally as I probably won't get into Cambridge, If I recieve an LSE and UCL offer I'd take LSE. I'm willing to bite the bullet in terms of the atmosphere, Chinesefest and poor teaching (or so they say) for the LSE name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueslidepark)
    What are your predicted grades?
    Sweet name by the way
    Thanks dude

They're technically below what Warwick ask for so i'm not really counting on an offer: AAAA

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.