Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck to all those waiting on Cambridge decisions in the up and coming days!

I hope know that many of you will hear good news! :w00t:

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone who gets an offer posts it in the offer thread, most of them do however post it on here.
    Would anyone who is a regular on this thread be kind enough to send me an empty private message every time some one posts an offer on here from either Cam/LSE/War/UCL.
    It will take less than 30 secs and I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by MWM)
    Not everyone who gets an offer posts it in the offer thread, most of them do however post it on here.
    Would anyone who is a regular on this thread be kind enough to send me an empty private message every time some one posts an offer on here from either Cam/LSE/War/UCL.
    It will take less than 30 secs and I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks.
    What utility would one gain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    What utility would one gain?
    My guess is he's one of those heterodox behavioural economists who believe people are not entirely selfish :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dat Guy)
    My guess is he's one of those heterodox behavioural economists who believe people are not entirely selfish :rolleyes:
    Surely not?!

ReputationRep:
    things like this are the reason I love this thread

I realised this a while back but are there any other girls lurking? Sometimes I feel like this will be the gender ratio at uni :rolleyes:

And sure MWM but different course so... won't be as useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brand New Eyes)

I realised this a while back but are there any other girls lurking? Sometimes I feel like this will be the gender ratio at uni :rolleyes:

Hahah yes hello - I am a girl
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

From past experience it seems to that most people without a gender symbols are girls, bit strange really..

ReputationRep:
    From past experience it seems to that most people without a gender symbols are girls, bit strange really..
    Maybe finding it difficult to change settings?

ReputationRep:
    Surely not?!
    How many people would actually PM someone else about offers in this thread...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ooooh controversy (:giggle:)

ReputationRep:
    :lol: I did have it for a while back but I took it off for gender ambiguity on the Oxford thread.

:fuhrer: OH hell no. Hold my blender.

Just took an arrow to the knee actually...

How many people would actually PM someone else about offers in this thread...
    I would if I could be bothered.

Ooooh controversy (:giggle:)
    Indeed! Men :rolleyes:

(Original post by Nadine10)
    Hahah yes hello - I am a girl
    YAY :dancing:

ReputationRep:

I would if I could be bothered.
    Not enough incentive, you wanted to say

Btw, did you get Oxford?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :party:

ReputationRep:
    There is no gain for you, but since you guys already spend quite some time on here it would cost you near no time to PM once in a while. For me the cost is quite high as I would have to open the laptop every night and flick through a few pages reading all the comments.
    If anyone does send me an empty PM every time some one posts an offer from Cam/LSE/War/UCL then I would highly appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    Not enough incentive, you wanted to say

Btw, did you get Oxford?
    Too many buttons! not really a fan of PMs but yes probably that too

:lol: No, I did not. My UCAS stuff is in my sig btw

Cambridge replies over the next 36 hours :giggles:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by MWM)
    There is no gain for you, but since you guys already spend quite some time on here it would cost you near no time to PM once in a while. For me the cost is quite high as I would have to open the laptop every night and flick through a few pages reading all the comments.
    If anyone does send me an empty PM every time some one posts an offer from Cam/LSE/War/UCL then I would highly appreciate it
    Ooh burn.

Just a thought - how can you expect someone to spend their time doing something for you (for which no compensation is paid) when you yourself can't even bothered to do it?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh burn.

Just a thought - how can you expect someone to spend their time doing something for you (for which no compensation is paid) when you yourself can't even bothered to do it?
    :love: I concur

There is an offer only table aswell

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...cs_offers_2012

what was the :party: for?

ReputationRep:
    Too many buttons! not really a fan of PMs but yes probably that too

:lol: No, I did not. My UCAS stuff is in my sig btw

Cambridge replies over the next 36 hours :giggles:
    Been quite a while now on TSR, but stilll can't find where that sig thing lies

ReputationRep:
    Been quite a while now on TSR, but stilll can't find where that sig thing lies
    :lol: I didn't either till someone told me! Dont worry. It's at the bottom of someone's first post of the page, but not everyone has one. If you see a line and an arrow to the right of it. Click and it'll turn up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.