The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brand New Eyes

I realised this a while back but are there any other girls lurking? Sometimes I feel like this will be the gender ratio at uni :rolleyes:

And sure MWM but different course so... won't be as useful

I'm a girl, lurking/stalking, whatever you call it. :tongue: And as for the gender ratio, I joked with a guy from my school when we went to our Cambridge interviews that this would be our last hope (he applied for languages). (In fact during the day I only spotted one other girl applying for Economics. :eek: And I was watching closely when the groups left to take the test.)
Reply 6861

what was the :party: for?

No reason :tongue:
Reply 6862
Original post by Tateco
No reason :tongue:

Irrational behaviour?! :eek:
Reply 6863
Original post by Dat Guy
Irrational behaviour?! :eek:

You got me :redface: I've swayed from the textbook definition of an economic agent
Original post by MWM
There is no gain for you, but since you guys already spend quite some time on here it would cost you near no time to PM once in a while. For me the cost is quite high as I would have to open the laptop every night and flick through a few pages reading all the comments.
If anyone does send me an empty PM every time some one posts an offer from Cam/LSE/War/UCL then I would highly appreciate it :smile:

Ah, self-righteous laziness - who are we to refuse to do what you can't be bothered doing for you?
Reply 6865
Original post by Acerbic
Ah, self-righteous laziness - who are we to refuse to do what you can't be bothered doing for you?

Ah that was much more poetic than my reply :tongue:
Original post by esztereva
I'm a girl, lurking/stalking, whatever you call it. :tongue: And as for the gender ratio, I joked with a guy from my school when we went to our Cambridge interviews that this would be our last hope (he applied for languages). (In fact during the day I only spotted one other girl applying for Economics. :eek: And I was watching closely when the groups left to take the test.)

So many cambridge applicants :huff:!

What college? :P oh dear, that's just the nature of Econ (un)fortunately

I knew there'd be more of us! See, economists can make correct predictions

(not that I'm an economist)

They can make incorrect ones too lol

Queens'. The only thing consoling me is that there's only the two of us applying there on TSR. The others are inevitably out there somewhere, but I don't want to know about them :biggrin:.

As for predictions: I don't want to make any (based on statistical evidence) regarding my own application. :rolleyes:
Queens'. The only thing consoling me is that there's only the two of us applying there on TSR. The others are inevitably out there somewhere, but I don't want to know about them :biggrin:.

As for predictions: I don't want to make any (based on statistical evidence) regarding my own application. :rolleyes:

a girl from my school is applying to Queens' :P
Original post by tooambitious
a girl from my school is applying to Queens' :P

Thanks for sharing that. :wink: (I'm going to sue you if I end up needing medical treatment because of a heart failure. :biggrin:)
Thanks for sharing that. :wink: (I'm going to sue you if I end up needing medical treatment because of a heart failure. :biggrin:)

haha

At Oxford it was different; the applicants are mostly male as well for E&M but the tutors tend to accept the girls rather than the boys. Like Merton College has 4 places each year for E&M and in the last 3 years they took in 8 girls and only 4 guys or so. And Merton College wasn't the only college. Either the ladies are just smarter or Oxford wants to lower the male/female ratio :tongue:

We can't be loyal to Oxford anymore... They betrayed us... :mad:
Original post by nightmare91
At Oxford it was different; the applicants are mostly male as well for E&M but the tutors tend to accept the girls rather than the boys. Like Merton College has 4 places each year for E&M and in the last 3 years they took in 8 girls and only 4 guys or so. And Merton College wasn't the only college. Either the ladies are just smarter or Oxford wants to lower the male/female ratio :tongue:

We can't be loyal to Oxford anymore... They betrayed us... :mad:

Awww :h: might be because the Male:female ratio is 3:2 which is the highest of any college

:cry2: I knoooow! :judge: But I still like them.

ONE MORE MONTH TO GO. Hurry up LSE :woo:
Reply 6874
Original post by Tateco

haha good one. Then we would become obsolete....

and guess who's bzack with two gems :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tateco

tateco is bored! :P

Lol I liked it :yep:
Reply 6877
Original post by -Illmatic-
tateco is bored! :P

Lol I liked it :yep:

...of revision

Not a fan of your new sig :tongue:
Reply 6878
Do all the Cambridge applicants find out if they got in tomorrow?
Reply 6879
Original post by FDR
Do all the Cambridge applicants find out if they got in tomorrow?

No it depends on the college. Some people (international) find out on Friday.

Latest

Trending

Trending