Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Pooled (=rejected)
    Me too

Pooled by Magdalene College, but I don't fulfill auto-pool criteria, so it was just a really annoying and pointless pool :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefl14)
    Conditional offer from Cambridge Gonville and Caius college A*AA! Ironically I'll probably get rejected from everywhere else because of my mediocre GCSE's (3A*5A,2B,1C)
    Congrats, to you both
    (Original post by Acerbic)
    Offer from Cambridge - with 3a*s at GCSE
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by WalkerPrince)
    Me too

Pooled by Magdalene College, but I don't fulfill auto-pool criteria, so it was just a really annoying and pointless pool :mad:
    Oh well, was worth a shot! Hopefully we'll get good offers from somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, was worth a shot! Hopefully we'll get good offers from somewhere else.
    Yeah!

Worst thing is it means more waiting ! A definite decision would have probably have been a lot easier to deal with!

Plus I've just been plainly telling people I have been rejected....

ReputationRep:
    Pooled (=rejected)
    ****T i am still at work so don't know!! Expecting to be pooled. Hope we both get somewhere!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah!

Worst thing is it means more waiting ! A definite decision would have probably have been a lot easier to deal with!

Plus I've just been plainly telling people I have been rejected....
    Yeah, do not need this before exams, imagine having to go to another interview before exams :| Although that is pretty unlikely whatever the outcome.

(Original post by wit-tank)
    ****T i am still at work so don't know!! Expecting to be pooled. Hope we both get somewhere!
    Good luck, let me know when you find out

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, do not need this before exams, imagine having to go to another interview before exams :| Although that is pretty unlikely whatever the outcome.

Good luck, let me know when you find out
    Wouldn't mind another interview, I feel sharper now I've been revising for my exams. Might actually be better prepared.

Some facts about the Winter Pool in 2011
     29 undergraduate Colleges pooled applicants
     3,235 applications were pooled in total
     470 pooled applicants were invited for an additional interview
     954 pooled applicants were made offers, of these:
    o 721 received a direct offer without returning for Pool interviews
    o 233 received offers following a Pool interview
     166 pooled applicants received offers from the College that pooled them
    Produced

This shows that just above half of those pooled heard nothing at all till the end of January

ReputationRep:
    Well that seems stupid...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    Yes, but how long?
    Well if I don't get a letter tomorrow then I'm going to ring them up and say 'sorry to bother you but please may I have my result ?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wouldn't mind another interview, I feel sharper now I've been revising for my exams. Might actually be better prepared.

Some facts about the Winter Pool in 2011
     29 undergraduate Colleges pooled applicants
     3,235 applications were pooled in total
     470 pooled applicants were invited for an additional interview
     954 pooled applicants were made offers, of these:
    o 721 received a direct offer without returning for Pool interviews
    o 233 received offers following a Pool interview
    Produced

This shows that just above half of those pooled heard nothing at all till the end of January
    Any idea how many people got pooled for economics? Just a waiting game now, got to try not to let it distract me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melikeyflute)
    Well if I don't get a letter tomorrow then I'm going to ring them up and say 'sorry to bother you but please may I have my result ?
    Sounds good. Good luck. Which college?

ReputationRep:
    offer from Cambridge, st.johns!

ReputationRep:
    Any idea how many people got pooled for economics? Just a waiting game now, got to try not to let it distract me.
    No, sadly.

I just hope LSE or UCL make up their mind soon. Would make this time a lot less stressful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melikeyflute)
    Pooled doesn't mean you're rejected, don't be so pessimistic.. No letter means that you're rejected...
    What do you mean, no letter = rejection ?
    So everyone who hears tomorrow will hear a rejection ? Where did you get this from.

And to those who have been pooled without fulfilling the auto-pool criteria, surely that is a good thing, it means the admissions officer thought you were good enough to get pooled without meeting the 93% ums average at AS or the 3A* at A2.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    No, sadly.

I just hope LSE or UCL make up their mind soon. Would make this time a lot less stressful!
    Yeah same, an offer from UCL would certainly soften the blow, but I can't see that happening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MWM)
    What do you mean, no letter = rejection ?
    So everyone who hears tomorrow will hear a rejection ? Where did you get this from.

And to those who have been pooled without fulfilling the auto-pool criteria, surely that is a good thing, it means the admissions officer thought you were good enough to get pooled without meeting the 93% ums average at AS or the 3A* at A2.
    wth I obviously I wasn't being serious or I wouldn't ring them up! It just seems that most people heard today..

ReputationRep:
    Any offers from UCL?

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected earlier today, feeling disappointed but oh well, defo was worth a go. Congrats to all that have offers, feeling very jel of you

ReputationRep:
    I only know of a few offers to UCL but those I have seen had at least AAAAB at AS and were doing both Maths and Further Maths A2, it doesn't look like they've started giving out their main batches of offers yet so I wouldn't worry yet

Well done on all your offers by the way, which one is your favourite?
    Thank you, UCL is my firm choice obviously if I get an offer. If I don't I'll go with SOAS most probably for my firm choice. I strongly prefer a university in central london Where did you apply? Are you doing FM?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether the difference in receiving it on the 5th or the 6th is because the college posts the letters on different days or because of postal lags in certain areas.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.