Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Brand New Eyes)
    All you financial services lot are the same :judge: enjoy your £50000 million bonuses

Ah wubi? But it's so hard, I don't think I'd ever manage to get the hang of it although 五笔画 is meant to be the easiest somehow :/
    Bet you end up in banking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Bet you end up in banking
    Probably will tbf. YES sellouts hmm monehwhore :love:

Funny how Margin Call made me want to become a banker and Wall Street Never Sleeps didn't

defying convention since1994

What do you want to do then? Lol if it's IB

ReputationRep:

Funny how Margin Call made me want to become a banker and Wall Street Never Sleeps didn't

Margin Call made you want to become a banker? How
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

I'm open minded

ReputationRep:
    we'll hopefully be getting some more offers over the next week with the deadline having passed!

ReputationRep:

Not a patch on the original !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nightmare91)
    Margin Call made you want to become a banker? How
    The suits, the food, the tech :drool: :sexface: hmmm.

Erm the bit where Emerson goes into the rant about the blame, was just really eye opening. I mean ever since the crash everyone's all like blame the greedy bankers, fat cats, or it's the blah government: y u no regulate stance but I think he makes a valid point that it's THE PEOPLE who are also to blame.

We've been living outside our means for decades because the market allowed us to obtain credit, no one asked for regulation because we've sided with services and especially become reliant on financial services so really those bankers play an important role in keeping it all glued together with the subprime mortgage crisis people ignore the other side of the problem, the actual lenders, who tbh were either i) very ignorant and didn't bother to inform themselves of the fact that their payments would rise with interest rates ii) ignored this fact and continued living when their wages really didn't match what they were spending.

I'm open minded
    Teach

(Original post by Pancakeman123)
    we'll hopefully be getting some more offers over the next week with the deadline having passed!
    Not for 4 hours and 15 minutes technically :wink2:

(Original post by vinchenzo25)
    Not a patch on the original !
    Haven't fully seen either :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah lol at all these wannabe bankers Money-hungry losers :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    Just you wait
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The suits, the food, the tech :drool: :sexface: hmmm.

Erm the bit where Emerson goes into the rant about the blame, was just really eye opening. I mean ever since the crash everyone's all like blame the greedy bankers, fat cats, or it's the blah government: y u no regulate stance but I think he makes a valid point that it's THE PEOPLE who are also to blame.

We've been living outside our means for decades because the market allowed us to obtain credit, no one asked for regulation because we've sided with services and especially become reliant on financial services so really those bankers play an important role in keeping it all glued together with the subprime mortgage crisis people ignore the other side of the problem, the actual lenders, who tbh were either i) very ignorant and didn't bother to inform themselves of the fact that their payments would rise with interest rates ii) ignored this fact and continued living when their wages really didn't match what they were spending.

Teach

Not for 4 hours and 15 minutes technically :wink2:

Haven't fully seen either :ninja:
    I'm too materialistic and impatient to teach.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Pancakeman123)
    Hope so

ReputationRep:
    Just you wait
    He is probably the first to get an internship at the Goldman Sachs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nightmare91)
    He is probably the first to get an internship at the Goldman Sachs
    :lol: reminds me of this. Think I got negged for this earlier in the thread but oh well

ReputationRep:
    :lol: reminds me of this. Think I got negged for this earlier in the thread but oh well

"...I think the feedback mentioned I was a tool..." NO WAY

ReputationRep:
    Joke of the day:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Nah it was a good joke really

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Nah it was a good joke really
    I concur. Just I already heard it ages ago so... :erm:

Economists: y u no come up with more jokes :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Not me! I think I want to work at a thinktank, maybe looking at inequality issues, although environmental economics also seems quite interesting.

Although as it's so far away until I'm not too bothered at the moment. Definitely want to be doing something I actually find interesting though - don't think I could handle the hours Bankers have to work, even if they do get a nice paycheque.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    All you financial services lot are the same :judge: enjoy your £50000 million bonuses
    Don't worry, if I ever get such bonuses I will certainly enjoy them.

Ah wubi? But it's so hard, I don't think I'd ever manage to get the hang of it although 五笔画 is meant to be the easiest somehow :/
    I kind of know how to use the equivalent method for traditional characters, but really slowly.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by FDR)
    Not me! I think I want to work at a thinktank, maybe looking at inequality issues, although environmental economics also seems quite interesting.

Although as it's so far away until I'm not too bothered at the moment. Definitely want to be doing something I actually find interesting though - don't think I could handle the hours Bankers have to work, even if they do get a nice paycheque.
    Isn't that even more competitive than banking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groat)
    Hey Sam!
    How you doin'?

You go to my school.... :sexface:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.