Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SecretDuck)
    I did! Lancaster, York, Kent and QMUL.
    Nice, what are your firm and insurance gonna be do you think? Whenever i check the thread i only see people talking about the top top unis, not that it's a bad thing, so i feel in the minority :L
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by nightmare91)
    Oh thanks for the info! But it does load for me... That's so weird. I think I'll upload the avatar again, that might help

That is true consultancy is probably also a good start to get a foot in the door of a thinktank someday. I'll definetely try to get as many internships as possible whilst being at uni. Only then I'll be able to decide what I really want to do for the next 10-20 years
    I can see it again now :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    As do I

Is anyone else watching Borgen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)

(Original post by Brand New Eyes)
    As do I
    Yaaaayyy
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by alittlehelp)
    Nice, what are your firm and insurance gonna be do you think? Whenever i check the thread i only see people talking about the top top unis, not that it's a bad thing, so i feel in the minority :L
    St Andrews still has to reply but if they don't make an offer, then York will be my firm and QMUL will be my insurance. What unis are you thinking about firming and insurancing?

Yeah, I know.
    Everyone who wants to do economics in my class are aiming for the top unis but every economics applicant in my class all applied to QMUL. It's very popular in my school.

Which unis did u apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Random question, with regards to trade, why do we assume that the world supply curve is perfectly elastic?

ReputationRep:
    Yaaaayyy
    It's gone back to not loading again! :fuhrer:

LSE: y u no put me out of misery :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    It's gone back to not loading again! :fuhrer:

LSE: y u no put me out of misery :cry2:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO

LSE is being so mean! Why can't they finally give out more offers But tomorrow might be the day, Tuesdays have become quite popular among the LSE admission tutors this year...

ReputationRep:

LSE is being so mean! Why can't they finally give out more offers But tomorrow might be the day, Tuesdays have become quite popular among the LSE admission tutors this year...
    :lol: and... it's back again! WHAT IS THIS. TSR - y u no make up your mind!

I know right, I'm actually so depressed ngl :emo: :sadnod: if I have to wait till march...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pancakeman123)
    Random question, with regards to trade, why do we assume that the world supply curve is perfectly elastic?
    I always thought it was because there are no other alien worlds to trade with as substitutes...

... I could be wrong though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DylanLJG)
    I always thought it was because there are no other alien worlds to trade with as substitutes...
    PLEASE let this be true. Made my day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SecretDuck)
    St Andrews still has to reply but if they don't make an offer, then York will be my firm and QMUL will be my insurance. What unis are you thinking about firming and insurancing?

Yeah, I know.
    Everyone who wants to do economics in my class are aiming for the top unis but every economics applicant in my class all applied to QMUL. It's very popular in my school.

Which unis did u apply to?
    I don't have maths A level so I had less freedom when picking but I applied to Surrey ,Sussex, Loughborough ,Leicester and Kent .Gonna firm Surrey and Kent for insurance I think!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

It's stil working for me
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :lol: Traditional characters are so silly. Hong Kong : y u no use simple language? Aww, well that's a start at least!
    If anything I think traditional characters make more sense because they maintain the meanings behind them. :yep:

Makes you sound so much older than you actually are :giggle:
    I know, after leaving uni I feel young again.

Did you use Mankiw at Cambridge by any chance?
    :yes: For first-year Macro one of the main textbooks was Mankiw, or Mankiw and Taylor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DylanLJG)

That would explain why its perfectly inelastic not elastic. Dont know why its perfectly elastic though

ReputationRep:
    Do people wish there was a website which made choosing the right university easier? Because I'm making one at the moment, just wondering if it would interest anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groat)
    Yeah, although LSE's offer is technically harder.
    Excuse me if this is a really stupid question, but how can you have an insurance that needs higher/the same grades as your firm? :confused:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by joebarron)
    Do people wish there was a website which made choosing the right university easier? Because I'm making one at the moment, just wondering if it would interest anyone?
    Suppose it depends on how good it, there is a lot of them out there but none of them are very good...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lrowles93)
    Excuse me if this is a really stupid question, but how can you have an insurance that needs higher/the same grades as your firm? :confused:
    By picking one as your insurance and one as your firm. What the grades are might affect your decision, but it does not make it impossible to firm, for example, an ABB offer and use an A*AA as a back up. Perhaps you prefer the university with the lower offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 94george94)
    By picking one as your insurance and one as your firm. What the grades are might affect your decision, but it does not make it impossible to firm, for example, an ABB offer and use an A*AA as a back up. Perhaps you prefer the university with the lower offer.
    I think his point is if you don't meet the requirements of your firm which is a lower offer then what is the point of the insurance.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.