Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I realise that it is possible to do it on UCAS, but I don't see the point. Surely you're going to go to your firm assuming you get the grades, which would mean that if you then miss those grades you'd also miss the grades for your insurance?

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of insurances, I just got an offer from Southampton

ReputationRep:
    Can't you decline your firm for your insurance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Congrats!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robert jones)
    That would explain why its perfectly inelastic not elastic. Dont know why its perfectly elastic though

No matter how much oil the UK wants, the world price is the world price. There's so much of the good, that it's not that effected by any single country's price level.

This is obviously not strictly true of oil where a rise in demand does lead to an increase in price, but I'm sure, there are soem goods, which I can;t think of, for which this is true.

I hope that sort of make sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kachun)
    I think his point is if you don't meet the requirements of your firm which is a lower offer then what is the point of the insurance.
    If you're prepared to take the risk of having a higher firm then you must be sure that you are going to attain those grades.

Furthermore, if you did really like a university with lower grades than your other 4 choices, why would you put it as your insurance when you want to go there and may not be offered, for example, accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nightmare91)
    Congrats!!!
    Thanks Nightmare! Hope you get that LSE offer mate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perrytheplatypus)
    I don't think so.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by lrowles93)
    Yeah, I realise that it is possible to do it on UCAS, but I don't see the point. Surely you're going to go to your firm assuming you get the grades, which would mean that if you then miss those grades you'd also miss the grades for your insurance?
    The insurance university might take you even if you don't get the grades?

(Original post by Hemzo)
    Well done!

No.

Did you get an offer from Cambridge by the way?

EDIT: Just seen your sig - me neither, LSE will be amazing though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joebarron)
    Do people wish there was a website which made choosing the right university easier? Because I'm making one at the moment, just wondering if it would interest anyone?
    The thing is, al lot of unis have a lot of good points,

there are few sources of information concerning their bad points.

And things like "you'll never get a well paid job if you go to "ehfbkibfvgosgv sdgfbh's university of north west remote hamlet",
    which is what you want to know, people will ask for it to be removed etc...
    People who go there will get offended....

BUT in order to get any money, unis would probably have to subscribe to you and hence you're pressured just to write nice things..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Thanks Nightmare! Hope you get that LSE offer mate!
    Thank you!!! I am really hoping for it! I just hope I won't have to wait until end of March to receive a rejection

(Original post by Tateco)
    x
    By the way mate, have you heard from Cambridge yet? Is there like a deadline for the Pool?

ReputationRep:
    x
    Thanks Tat! Did you take up Further Maths AS in the end?

ReputationRep:
    Suppose it depends on how good it, there is a lot of them out there but none of them are very good...
    No I know theres a real lack of sites with information that you actually want to know, how far away from your house it is, how good it is for clubbing, are there many shops with like a rating out of 5 stars for each or something.

Does that sound good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moiraclaire)
    The thing is, al lot of unis have a lot of good points,

there are few sources of information concerning their bad points.

And things like "you'll never get a well paid job if you go to "ehfbkibfvgosgv sdgfbh's university of north west remote hamlet",
    which is what you want to know, people will ask for it to be removed etc...
    People who go there will get offended....

BUT in order to get any money, unis would probably have to subscribe to you and hence you're pressured just to write nice things..
    When you say subscribe what do you mean? Tbh its more of a project rather than a profit making thing.

So I wouldnt be scared to tell the truth. And I would give each category of the uni a rating out of 5 stars so you would be able to gather whether or not its good in that category
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by nightmare91)
    Thank you!!! I am really hoping for it! I just hope I won't have to wait until end of March to receive a rejection

By the way mate, have you heard from Cambridge yet? Is there like a deadline for the Pool?
    Got rejected

(Original post by Hemzo)
    Thanks Tat! Did you take up Further Maths AS in the end?
    yep FP1 this Friday :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Did you get an offer from Cambridge by the way?

EDIT: Just seen your sig - me neither, LSE will be amazing though!
    It's quite strange. I'd have thought at least one of us would be made an offer. But I guess when you're competing with the best, it does turn into a lottery of sorts, a bit like medicine

Yeah, LSE is pretty good. It's probably the only university I have a chance of achieving a first at as well :lol:

Too bad it's still a small chance >_>

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected

yep FP1 this Friday :afraid:
    Oh I am sorry to hear that! But oh well, welcome to the Oxbridge rejects club I really hope that you get an offer from UCL and Warwick soon!

And good luck with FP1!!! Be careful, this year all the exams are harder than ever before! There will definetely come up some trick questions Are you on Edexcel?

ReputationRep:
    offer from UCL so happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annie127)
    offer from UCL so happy
    Congrats! Did you receive it today?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, LSE is pretty good. It's probably the only university I have a chance of achieving a first at as well :lol:
    Why only LSE?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.