Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by perrytheplatypus)
    Yes. I'll probably do some AS subjects as well if I do decide to take a gap year.

Thanks for the info. Like I said above, if I do decide to take a gap year, I'll do an AS in further additional maths or whatever it's called. That should help with the maths problem.

Yeah I think I'll do FM A2 if I have a gap year too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    :woo: that was your first choice right?
    I think it is Well, what I mean by that is that I would consider an Edinburgh or Warwick offer (if I were to get one) and try to find out how competitive it is to apply for year abroad but since the one at Bristol is definite, I'll probably firm it Still, would be great to get an Edinburgh offer as well as it would make a great insurance (offer won't include an A*).

How's your UCAS going?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by thegenius31416)
    I think it is Well, what I mean by that is that I would consider an Edinburgh or Warwick offer (if I were to get one) and try to find out how competitive it is to apply for year abroad but since the one at Bristol is definite, I'll probably firm it Still, would be great to get an Edinburgh offer as well as it would make a great insurance (offer won't include an A*).

How's your UCAS going?
    Sounds like you've got it all figured out!

Pooled then rejected by Cambridge and that's all so far :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wit-tank)
    Just got an offer from Durham
    btw are you international?

ReputationRep:
    What's tough is not knowing when they'll answer....and then getting a rejection. I just want to get it over with and, should I get rejections, start working on getting even better grades and gaining some more experience perhaps in a Gap Year.
    Know what I mean? -.- :P

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you've got it all figured out!

Pooled then rejected by Cambridge and that's all so far :P
    Unlucky man

This is random but are you planning of getting a phd in Cambridge or LSE later on.
    If the likely rejection from the top 2 come next year, I will be thinking of it myself
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    Unlucky man

This is random but are you planning of getting a phd in Cambridge or LSE later on.
    If the likely rejection from the top 2 come next year, I will be thinking of it myself
    I think I want to do a Masters but not sure about a PhD, it's too early to tell though so I'll just see what happens once I get to university

ReputationRep:
    I think I want to do a Masters but not sure about a PhD, it's too early to tell though so I'll just see what happens once I get to university
    Sorry muddled the two up- yh same, don't even fully know what I want to do yet

ReputationRep:
    I have just got a track update and it was my Oxford rejection.... It took them ONE month :mad: I almost got a heart attack... I thought it would be LSE -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nightmare91)
    I have just got a track update and it was my Oxford rejection.... It took them ONE month :mad: I almost got a heart attack... I thought it would be LSE -.-
    That LSE offer will come, mate!

ReputationRep:
    :console: It's their loss...

You'll get your LSE offer, don't worry
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Same happened to me

ReputationRep:
    Same happened to me
    Don't worry, I'm those Warwick and UCL offers will swiftly arrive at your doorstep :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aalex)
    That LSE offer will come, mate!

(Original post by jamiepango)
    :console: It's their loss...

You'll get your LSE offer, don't worry
    Thank you! Hopefully

Same happened to me
    Yea it's just horrible
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Don't worry, I'm those Warwick and UCL offers will swiftly arrive at your doorstep :cool:
    Thanks, either would be amazing hopefully one of the two or LSE work out for you too

ReputationRep:
    got an offer from warwick for economics today

A*AA + A in AS biology which i got 1 UMS off an A grade in so will have to resit the practical module to get 1 more UMS!

good luck to all

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, either would be amazing hopefully one of the two or LSE work out for you too
    How's the revision going? I'm guessing you have FP1 and C3 coming up right?

Seriously doubting my ability to get an A* in maths, the past papers are not going well
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    How's the revision going? I'm guessing you have FP1 and C3 coming up right?

Seriously doubting my ability to get an A* in maths, the past papers are not going well
    Yeah it's going okay but it's a lot harder this war and I haven't revised anywhere near as much as last year what about you?

ReputationRep:
    anyone got an offer for economics/economics and accounting at bristol ?????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redmouse)
    got an offer from warwick for economics today

A*AA + A in AS biology which i got 1 UMS off an A grade in so will have to resit the practical module to get 1 more UMS!

good luck to all
    Well Done! May I ask whether you took further maths?

Yeah it's going okay but it's a lot harder this war and I haven't revised anywhere near as much as last year what about you?
    Samee, I don't have nearly as much motivation as last year, even though this year is waay more important...

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2012

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.