Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im taking maths, chemistry and economics. predicted 3A*s.

ReputationRep:
    Have many economics offers from Warwick and UCL come through?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redmouse)
    Taking exactly the same subjects! May I ask what your GCSE's were? Sorry for all the questions
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

(Original post by jamiepango)
    Taking exactly the same subjects! May I ask what your GCSE's were? Sorry for all the questions
    This :eek:

ReputationRep:
    How's the revision going? I'm guessing you have FP1 and C3 coming up right?

Seriously doubting my ability to get an A* in maths, the past papers are not going well
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Yeah it's going okay but it's a lot harder this war and I haven't revised anywhere near as much as last year what about you?
    Consider yourselves lucky that you didn't already get destroyed by C4 (around 50/72) already and this was after getting 65s /72 on the past papers

ReputationRep:
    We have hope! :adore:

(Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    Consider yourselves lucky that you didn't already get destroyed by C4 (around 50/72) already and this was after getting 65s /72 on the past papers
    Ouch... Just an unlucky day I guess

ReputationRep:
    When did you apply ?

ReputationRep:
    We have hope! :adore:

Ouch... Just an unlucky day I guess
    Yeah the people who wrote that paper should be forced to watch 'the only way is essex' for the next month

ReputationRep:
    i applied on the oct 15 deadline and have been rejected by cambridge.

GCSEs: 9.5A*s 2As

AS: AAAB

guess i got an offer today as there was something warwick needed to check regarding my biology AS and when it was resolved, they thought they may as well send me my decision letter asap...

but i feel seriously lucky. i know how fussy warwick can be about AAAA at AS level so really shocked!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i applied on the oct 15 deadline and have been rejected by cambridge.

GCSEs: 9.5A*s 2As

AS: AAAB

guess i got an offer today as there was something warwick needed to check regarding my biology AS and when it was resolved, they thought they may as well send me my decision letter asap...

but i feel seriously lucky. i know how fussy warwick can be about AAAA at AS level so really shocked!
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    Well done!
    thanks and best of luck to you

ReputationRep:
    I leave for a few hours and this is what happens!? :cry2: It feels like the Oxford thread all over again (moved at like 5 pages an hour)

Someone update me? I guess my cwk can wait till tomorrow...

Redmouse: y u delete posts? :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    sorry i am new so i kept messing up my replies
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    sorry i am new so i kept messing up my replies
    Use the 'Preview Post' button. :yep:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by isp)
    Hell some of them didn't even know what they wanted to do. I would think by the time your a second year at university you would have some thought of what type of career you want to pursue.
    Well, I've already graduated and I still don't really know what type of career I want to pursue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Well, I've already graduated and I still don't really know what type of career I want to pursue.
    Surely you have an idea or have thought about something?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by isp)
    Surely you have an idea or have thought about something?
    I've applied for a range of things - Banking, Actuarial, Consultancy, IT - but I'm still not sure which of them I really want to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isp)
    Went to LSE yesterday with a friend who had a shadowing lecture for BSc Economics as he plans to apply their next year. Went to two lectures, had a tour, visited the library, sat down and spoke with current students (first and second year). It wasn't very good in my opinion. With all the hype I mean I thought LSE would be amazing. The lecturers were the "Run in, give lecture and then run out" type. As for the students the 11 people I spoke to only 3 were home students. It's packed with students from abroad. They all had amazing A-Level grades with an average of 7A*'s at GCSE between the 10 of them. As for A-Levels the foreign students had over 5 A's at A2 with the two home students having the standard A*AA or A*A*A. I got bored so I started asking them if they completed any internships yet, only two said they did. Can't remember what the names of the banks were but they weren't any out of the (GS, CS, BarCap, JP, MS, DB), didn't look like any of them had the passion to go into banking. Hell some of them didn't even know what they wanted to do.I would think by the time your a second year at university you would have some thought of what type of career you want to pursue.

I'm not applying for Economics so my view may be different to yours although for me LSE didn't live up to its expectations.

Sadly, I don't think this is representative of LSE. I can assure you most end up as investment bankers >_>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isp)
    Went to LSE yesterday with a friend who had a shadowing lecture for BSc Economics as he plans to apply their next year. Went to two lectures, had a tour, visited the library, sat down and spoke with current students (first and second year). It wasn't very good in my opinion. With all the hype I mean I thought LSE would be amazing. The lecturers were the "Run in, give lecture and then run out" type. As for the students the 11 people I spoke to only 3 were home students. It's packed with students from abroad. They all had amazing A-Level grades with an average of 7A*'s at GCSE between the 10 of them. As for A-Levels the foreign students had over 5 A's at A2 with the two home students having the standard A*AA or A*A*A. I got bored so I started asking them if they completed any internships yet, only two said they did. Can't remember what the names of the banks were but they weren't any out of the (GS, CS, BarCap, JP, MS, DB), didn't look like any of them had the passion to go into banking. Hell some of them didn't even know what they wanted to do. I would think by the time your a second year at university you would have some thought of what type of career you want to pursue.

I'm not applying for Economics so my view may be different to yours although for me LSE didn't live up to its expectations.
    I think LSE students are one of the most career motivated students in the world. I think they wouldn't really like people coming to them and asking their grades, especially someone they don't know. It seems that you were interrogating them, asking all 10 what their grades were and where they work. Isn't that a bit excessive? So that is why they gave you some unmotivated answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isp)
    Having looked at your other posts on this thread, i think you are really keen on studying economics. So seems like you are trying to put off future 2013 students from applying to LSE. :rolleyes:

There is still 9-10 months before 2013 starts students applying so your criticism won't work

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.