Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    Its better than messing up the other way round
    Very true

(Original post by kst)
    Offer for LSE Mathematics and Econ yesterday.
    Well Done! May I ask what your grades are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danf159)
    Rejected for L101 Econs at LSE
    Sorry to hear that When did you receive the rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 94george94)
    I haven't started revising, there is just such a large amount I can't even bare to start.
    Tell me about it. Story of my life. I hope the case study is on Cinemas or something fun like poverty or the NMW :heart:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by kst)
    Thank you
    Yes I think so. However haven't heard from UCL yet so not sure who to choose IF I got an offer from them. Any suggestion?
    Hard decision if UCL is pure economics, I'd look at the courses and see which one you would rather be doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kst)
    Thank you
    Yes I think so. However haven't heard from UCL yet so not sure who to choose IF I got an offer from them. Any suggestion?
    mm difficult one, but I would be more inclined to go for LSE Maths + Econ, even if UCL is pure ECON, but I am biased because I was unimpressed with their open day (mainly with the quality of econ students I met during the open day)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordvulture)
    mm difficult one, but I would be more inclined to go for LSE Maths + Econ, even if UCL is pure ECON, but I am biased because I was unimpressed with their open day (mainly with the quality of econ students I met during the open day)
    Oh what do you mean by that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brand New Eyes)
    something fun like poverty
    :hmmm: You're evil...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DylanLJG)
    :hmmm: You're evil...

:angel: I may be bad but I'm perfectly good at it

No, I mean it's more fun to write about than how contestability leads to efficiency :zzz:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Is this the UCL Economics pre-offer open day? A few years ago I was very unimpressed as well, but I would've thought that they might have improved it since then.

ReputationRep:
    No, I mean it's more fun to write about than how contestability leads to efficiency
    So true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Is this the UCL Economics pre-offer open day? A few years ago I was very unimpressed as well, but I would've thought that they might have improved it since then.
    yes haha! I read your account before attending the open day, so I was completely mentally prepared for what's coming, even then I couldn't help to be disappointed But obviously I wasn't judging the department by how well they can organise the open day, but by the average impression of econ students I spoke to ( only around 15-20 though, so not a very representative sample)

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it. Story of my life. I hope the case study is on Cinemas or something fun like poverty or the NMW :heart:
    LOL I want exactly the same things!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nightmare91)
    Oh what do you mean by that?
    well they had a group of econ students to talk to us in the reception, as well as showing us around, I just felt that they do not strike me to be intelligent and confident students on the whole just by talking to them. I'm sure they're all getting good grades and coping well with a challenging course though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    well they had a group of econ students to talk to us in the reception, as well as showing us around, I just felt that they do not strike me to be intelligent and confident students on the whole just by talking to them. I'm sure they're all getting good grades and coping well with a challenging course though.
    I don't see how you can possibly gauge that from a 2 minute discussion? It's not as if you were having a conversation about economic policy was it?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow. Well I didn't apply there Did you also visit LSE? If yes, how did you perseive the atmosphere at LSE?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by nightmare91)
    Oh wow. Well I didn't apply there Did you also visit LSE? If yes, how did you perseive the atmosphere at LSE?
    I really wouldn't think too much of what he thinks about the students, economists aren't naturally interesting people
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Tateco)
    I don't see how you can possibly gauge that from a 2 minute discussion? It's not as if you were having a conversation about economic policy was it?
    Well no, but you can get a general impression, with indicators such as enthusiasm and 精神 (jīngshēn = energy/spirit). I similarly did not get a good impression from the UCL open day - it was almost like they were trying to convince us not to come, and so screen for only those who really want to go there.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Well no, but you can get a general impression, with indicators such as enthusiasm and 精神 (jīngshēn = energy/spirit). I similarly did not get a good impression from the UCL open day - it was almost like they were trying to convince us not to come, and so screen for only those who really want to go there.
    I understand that but classifying the students unintelligent from such a short conversation is ridiculous.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Tateco)
    I understand that but classifying the students unintelligent from such a short conversation is ridiculous.
    Well of course, but it is possible that they came across unintelligent, or to be kinder: didn't come across intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    Have there been any Nottingham PURE economics offers yet?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.