Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhogs001)
    Dont joke with me please. Is this the definite truth? Im an overseas student and i dont wish to be taken advantage of.
    No, religious studies is not important, why would it be :L

ReputationRep:
    So they dont care?! Also im from India so that counts as overseas.
    Wagwan fellow brown-skin (a.k.a. Indian) :hi:

No he's not being serious, an A in RS specifically does not matter to LSE. But ask yourself whether you could have achieved a higher grade, and if you could have done better, then failure to do so should make you realise that you are not cut out for the LSE :ms:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    Lol were the Bank of England that unimpressed by your imcompetence

lol i cant talk we went out in the first round :getmecoat:
    Smh I just can't even.....

Lol I wasn't even allowed to take part in it :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    So they dont care?! Also im from India so that counts as overseas.
    I assumed you were a UK student, and tailored my advice with that assumption in mind. As your an international student, the target 2.0 bit wouldn't be an option. But, try to find relevant extra-curriculars. Maybe start a Economics society at school or something?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    Wagwan fellow brown-skin (a.k.a. Indian) :hi:
    Loving the subtlety :L (wouldn't let me rep you)

ReputationRep:
    Dont joke with me please. Is this the definite truth? Im an overseas student and i dont wish to be taken advantage of.
    Shouldn't come looking for advice on an online forum if you don't want to be trolled with. Why not email LSE if you're seriously worried (not that there's any reason to be).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Loving the subtlety :L (wouldn't let me rep you)
    tat i've always wondered, what nationality are you? feel free to PM if you arent comfortable with disclosing it in the thread lol

ReputationRep:
    Who's doing Young Economist of the year this year then?

Here are the titles if you haven't seen them:

1. Africa is well-placed to achieve rapid and sustainable development in the decade ahead. Do you agree?

2. Over a million young people in the UK are unemployed. What should be done to address the problem?

3. A breakup of the euro provides the best hope for a durable recovery of the European economy. Discuss

4. To what extent can we use ideas drawn from behavioural economics to help address specific social and economic problems?

5. Manufacturing’s share of the UK economy shrank from 19% in 1998 to 12% by 2007. Does this matter and, if so, how could policy revitalise British manufacturing?

6. Is there a better way out of the debt crisis than austerity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 94george94)

1. Africa is well-placed to achieve rapid and sustainable development in the decade ahead. Do you agree?

2. Over a million young people in the UK are unemployed. What should be done to address the problem?

3. A breakup of the euro provides the best hope for a durable recovery of the European economy. Discuss

4. To what extent can we use ideas drawn from behavioural economics to help address specific social and economic problems?

5. Manufacturing’s share of the UK economy shrank from 19% in 1998 to 12% by 2007. Does this matter and, if so, how could policy revitalise British manufacturing?

probably 3, maybe 1, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tooambitious)
    probably 3, maybe 1, you?
    2 or 5 most likely.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    tat i've always wondered, what nationality are you? feel free to PM if you arent comfortable with disclosing it in the thread lol
    White British, sorry to be boring!

They're interesting, probably 4 or 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    White British, sorry to be boring!
    thats cool!

I'd do the Young Economist of the Year thing but June is gonna be an absolute nightmare for me so there'll be an opportunity cost involved...

:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    thats cool!

I'd do the Young Economist of the Year thing but June is gonna be an absolute nightmare for me so there'll be an opportunity cost involved...

LOL just write it now when you've got less to do!

ReputationRep:
    thats cool!

I am so jealous of you guys, we don't have things like "Economist of the year" here in Germany. We have no competitions related to economics whatsoever I'd love to participate in such contests.

ReputationRep:
    LOL just write it now when you've got less to do!
    when does it start and when is the deadline?

(Original post by nightmare91)
    I am so jealous of you guys, we don't have things like "Economist of the year" here in Germany. We have no competitions related to economics whatsoever I'd love to participate in such contests.
    Dont worry man, you can be IMF/ECB economist of the century :console:

ReputationRep:
    am i the only one still offerless? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkydee)
    where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkydee)
    Nope me too

:five:

:sadnod:

:cry2:

I'm fine about it :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    thats cool!

Tell me about it! I wrote it day before the deadline when I had my History Exam on the Tuesday and submitted it at 23:59 on Sunday. :rofl:

Was all fine though so :heart:

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry man, you can be IMF/ECB economist of the century :console:
    Awww how nice of you!!! :hugs: hopefully!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2012

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.