Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Durham offer on Wednesday, Nottingham offer on Thursday. I see a lot of other people got Notts so well done

Just waiting for Warwick now, hopefully they will start to respond soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy1234)
    Durham offer on Wednesday, Nottingham offer on Thursday. I see a lot of other people got Notts so well done

Just waiting for Warwick now, hopefully they will start to respond soon
    Well Done! Must be nice to get offers so close together

Everyone seems to be waiting on Warwick...

ReputationRep:
    have there been much UCL offers or rejections yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacky23)
    have there been much UCL offers or rejections yet?
    You mean many?

Erm, there certainly seem to be a decent volume of offers that have been given out, not quite sure about the rejection side

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else waiting on Bath? They've become fairly quiet..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Me... They were my favourite after visiting as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    Did you apply for the sandwich year course? The Bath course looks really interesting!

You've got an offer from Bristol as well right? Which one would you choose out of the two? It's very difficult to separate the two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Did you apply for the sandwich year course? The Bath course looks really interesting!

You've got an offer from Bristol as well right? Which one would you choose out of the two? It's very difficult to separate the two
    I did indeed. It really does, and the place itself is beautiful.

I do, well remembered Bath hands down, no competition. Although, if I were to get an offer, Bath would have higher entry requirements so I guess I'll have to think about that too... Bristol is likely to be my insurance though.

How about you? Which one would you pick?

ReputationRep:
    I did indeed. It really does, and the place itself is beautiful.

I do, well remembered Bath hands down, no competition. Although, if I were to get an offer, Bath would have higher entry requirements so I guess I'll have to think about that too... Bristol is likely to be my insurance though.

How about you? Which one would you pick?
    What offer did Bristol give you? I've heard some people have been offered AAA instead of the normal A*AA. Wish I had the AAA offer

It's tough.. I think I'll have to see what both are offering and the universities themselves (I haven't visited them ) , but Bath's sport facilities are amazing from what I've heard and the year in industry is something Bristol doesn't offer.

I think I'd choose Bath over Bristol, but only by a margin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    What offer did Bristol give you? I've heard some people have been offered AAA instead of the normal A*AA. Wish I had the AAA offer

It's tough.. I think I'll have to see what both are offering and the universities themselves (I haven't visited them ) , but Bath's sport facilities are amazing from what I've heard and the year in industry is something Bristol doesn't offer.

I think I'd choose Bath over Bristol, but only by a margin.
    Bristol offered me AA in Maths and Economics

Yes, the only way to truly decide is to visit. Bristol sent invitations for open days a while back, I think my one's coming up but I can't remember when Do you know if they're compulsory?

ReputationRep:
    If I were to choose between Bath and Bristol, it'd be a really hard choice!

Bath seems to be a very nice city and all though people have told me that it's more expensive since it's more 'touristy' there...

on the other hand people mentioned that the social life is great at bristol.

well...

ReputationRep:
    Bristol offered me AA in Maths and Economics

Yes, the only way to truly decide is to visit. Bristol sent invitations for open days a while back, I think my one's coming up but I can't remember when Do you know if they're compulsory?
    And no A*? :shock: Well done mate! That's brilliant!

I booked mine the other day for the 7th March. From what I've heard from others I don't think it's compulsory and if you can't visit it won't affect your offer whatsoever. I think you can contact Bristol afterwards if you do want to visit and they may be able to sort something out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irenicis)
    If I were to choose between Bath and Bristol, it'd be a really hard choice!

Bath seems to be a very nice city and all though people have told me that it's more expensive since it's more 'touristy' there...

on the other hand people mentioned that the social life is great at bristol.

well...
    Bristol is fairly expensive aswell, but cheaper than London so I'm happy

On Unionview, some of the people at Bath have said it's more of a pub/bar nightlife near Bath and all the clubs are normally in Bristol. Depends on your preference, but Bath and Bristol aren't too far away from eachother

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    And no A*? :shock: Well done mate! That's brilliant!

I booked mine the other day for the 7th March. From what I've heard from others I don't think it's compulsory and if you can't visit it won't affect your offer whatsoever. I think you can contact Bristol afterwards if you do want to visit and they may be able to sort something out
    Thanks, just grateful for any form of offer in all honesty. Well done on your offer also! Ah I see, thanks for the information, I'll bear that in mind. Good luck for Bath
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Me

I really like bath too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Bristol is fairly expensive aswell, but cheaper than London so I'm happy

On Unionview, some of the people at Bath have said it's more of a pub/bar nightlife near Bath and all the clubs are normally in Bristol. Depends on your preference, but Bath and Bristol aren't too far away from eachother
    yea, they are pretty close...

i'm more of a pub/bar person probably(?) haha.

i think what makes Bath pretty attractive is the 1 year of placement (i think it's commonly known as industrial attachment in my country). However, i'm didnt apply that cos im international you see...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    I really like bath too
    I have a feeling a Bath reply is imminent; I think definitely before UCL and Warwick (although I wouldn't mind being proved wrong)

Time will tell :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Well Done! Must be nice to get offers so close together

Everyone seems to be waiting on Warwick...
    Thanks Yeah it felt pretty good, especially after such a big gap since my last offer...

Yup a lot of people seem to be, tbh I'm not expecting anything from Warwick until mid to late March, so its going to be a long wait.

I noticed you are waiting for a Bath and UCL aswell, if its of any help Bath probably will reply soon as the offer holder open day thing, the first one is midway through Feb with the last midway through march, so I guess they may get some more offers out before then, maybe...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttercup94)
    Rubbish Nevermind hey!! Yessss Warwick hopefully haha Nope not heard about why, but guess there must be a heck of a lot of people applying meaning every small thing matters!! I would be interested thought at how far off i was.

Good luck
    Yeah there must have been! I thought they might contact you maybe? Have you had any other offers? Good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jsalgado)
    I am also an IB student (and Portuguese), couldn't agree more with you, i have a feeling that unis don't value the IB especially because we don't have GCSE grades. But whatever, we got to live with it. Where did you apply by the way? Any offers
    Applied to Oxford (rejected), Nottingham (38 points), Bristol (38 points with 6,6,6 at HL), Cardiff (35 points with a 5 in English) and St.Andrews (Still waiting for the reply, but I wanna put it as my firm regardless of the offer conditions).

How about you? Do you study here (Portugal? Falas Português?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.