Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone still waiting for UCL L100? Or LSE's Maths & Econs? Seen many offers given out already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhthed)
    Anyone still waiting for UCL L100? Or LSE's Maths & Econs? Seen many offers given out already.
    yes, still waiting on UCL. Have you an idea of how many offers have been made, or do you know whether there have been many rejections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhthed)
    I've not seen that many UCL offers/ rejections, but I'm a Maths and Econ offer holder, and I've seen/know a couple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacky23)
    yes, still waiting on UCL. Have you an idea of how many offers have been made, or do you know whether there have been many rejections?
    I think there's been 2 rounds of invitation to open days with one open day already passed and another this upcoming week! Not too sure how many people are at these open days things actually but I think there's a fair few until March (I think)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feragon)
    Applied to Oxford (rejected), Nottingham (38 points), Bristol (38 points with 6,6,6 at HL), Cardiff (35 points with a 5 in English) and St.Andrews (Still waiting for the reply, but I wanna put it as my firm regardless of the offer conditions).

How about you? Do you study here (Portugal? Falas Português?
    Falo sim, mas vivou em Genebra. I applied to exeter (38 4hl math 5 sl english), durham (rejected, don't know why-have 42 predicted and surpassed all the minimum requirements (maybe my PS wasn't good enough, idk...)) and i am waiting for LSE, UCL and Warwick to answer. Boa sorte com st andrews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    York, City, Leicester, Surrey, Loughborough
    Thanks for the opinion. But is there any reason why up would put Leicester better than Surrey or Loughborough? And why would you rate City so highly? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    Not an expert on Economics and Finance, but I would say York is your best bet overall
    Thanks for the opinion. And i believe York is ther better one
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by thamerz)
    Thanks for the opinion. But is there any reason why up would put Leicester better than Surrey or Loughborough? And why would you rate City so highly? Thanks
    No particular reason, I think York is the best but the others are probably too close to call.

ReputationRep:
    I have two offers for economics (I'm still waiting on the other 3) one from Lancaster and one from Exeter. Just wondering which one is better?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by aneziri20)
    I have two offers for economics (I'm still waiting on the other 3) one from Lancaster and one from Exeter. Just wondering which one is better?
    I'd pick Exeter

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick Exeter
    That's what I was thinking of choosing, but apparently Lancaster's management school is well respected, and quite good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jsalgado)
    Falo sim, mas vivou em Genebra. I applied to exeter (38 4hl math 5 sl english), durham (rejected, don't know why-have 42 predicted and surpassed all the minimum requirements (maybe my PS wasn't good enough, idk...)) and i am waiting for LSE, UCL and Warwick to answer. Boa sorte com st andrews
    Obrigado. I also have a 42 predicted. Really want to get into St.Andrews after the Oxford rejection. Good luck with LSE and UCL they must be tough to get into, but you have a good predicted so you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aneziri20)
    Personally I'd prefer Exeter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    Bristol offered me AA in Maths and Economics

Yes, the only way to truly decide is to visit. Bristol sent invitations for open days a while back, I think my one's coming up but I can't remember when Do you know if they're compulsory?
    I got an offer from Bristol tooEconomics

ReputationRep:
    Holy ****
    Offer from Nottingham for Economics and International Economics (L160)
    AAA

They must have loved my personal statement, as my GCSE's were mediocre and I had a D in one of my AS's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dsinghdahiya257)
    Holy Sh*T
    AAA

They must have loved my personal statement, as my GCSE's were mediocre and I had a D in one of my AS's.
    Well done man!

ReputationRep:
    I have two AAB offers from Exeter and York, which one would you guys prefer?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Holy Sh*T
    AAA

Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    Well done man!
    Thanks

Well done!
    Thanks. You know from the PM's how much I wanted this.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thanks

Thanks. You know from the PM's how much I wanted this.
    Yes pleased to hear this, admissions tutors do have souls after all

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.