Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentt30)
    I am still waiting for Warwick, applied in October so feels like I have been waiting for agess! Has almost everyone heard from Warwick now? Or are people waiting too?
    still waiting on warwick, ucl and lse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Well done! Why would you do that though? You must be curious...
    Thanks and yeah I am but I'm not the kind of person who wants a clean sweep. I'd be much happier giving someone else the chance to get that offer from LSE
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Purehakkai)
    Thanks and yeah I am but I'm not the kind of person who wants a clean sweep. I'd be much happier giving someone else the chance to get that offer from LSE
    Very kind of you indeed!

ReputationRep:
    That's so selfless

ReputationRep:
    Awwwww Good Girl Gina.

Congrats on your offer!

ReputationRep:
    Great! What university would be your preference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WalkerPrince)
    Great! What university would be your preference?
    Chicago definitely since I applied for their undergrad programme aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkydee)
    still waiting on warwick, ucl and lse
    Me too, waiting on Warwick since October. Hopefully we will hear soon!!!! If they haven't given out many offers yet theres still hope 😏

ReputationRep:
    Chicago definitely since I applied for their undergrad programme aswell
    I wonder how they will deal with the fact that 90% of people will want to go to Chicago......

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how they will deal with the fact that 90% of people will want to go to Chicago......
    Rock, paPer, scissors tournament

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they realised that, and probably might try and offer more places at Chicago?

ReputationRep:
    Is its undergrad programme of the same standard as its postgrad?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dat Guy)
    American universities tend to have better postgraduate courses than undergraduate courses...

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they realised that, and probably might try and offer more places at Chicago?
    I don't think it's something they can deal with in that way, they can't just order more Chicago places, but I'm sure they have more there. However, it's probably more expensive to send students to Chicago than any other university...

(Original post by Dat Guy)
    I doubt it, that's why I will be just as happy with Columbia.

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected from Warwick on valentines day - they must really love me! still waiting to hear from UCL.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's something they can deal with in that way, they can't just order more Chicago places, but I'm sure they have more there. However, it's probably more expensive to send students to Chicago than any other university...

I doubt it, that's why I will be just as happy with Columbia.

I'm not saying they can order more places, i'm just saying they know Chicago would be more popular than the others and might try and send over more students if they can. Not really all private unis are the same price wise, it might even be slightly more expensive at Columbia, I know they have higher fees.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying they can order more places, i'm just saying they know Chicago would be more popular than the others and might try and send over more students if they can. Not really all private unis are the same price wise, it might even be slightly more expensive at Columbia, I know they have higher fees.
    Well I hope so! We can ask on Wednesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by folgs)
    Got rejected from Warwick on valentines day - they must really love me! still waiting to hear from UCL.
    sorry to hear that...but if you don't mind me asking when did you send off your application?

ReputationRep:
    Well I hope so! We can ask on Wednesday
    Do you know what's happening? I don't really want to listen to them talking about the course for 3 hours :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economist94)
    sorry to hear that...but if you don't mind me asking when did you send off your application?
    October 14th!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.