Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Thanks Where will you apply if you have a gap year?
    I'll PM you :ninja:

(Original post by Purehakkai)
    Would you like to PM me? So atleast I know who I am talking to?
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Investment Banker)
    Stop lying to people , who told you that UCL is doing stan econ ?? I and many other students did A level econ and had A*s but finding the economics pretty much new stuff and very hard as well , so where did you get that bull ?? Dont speak when you know nothing ...
    Oh my, hello attitude.
    I am just saying what my 3 friends doing the course at the uni said.

I apologise, it seems you would know better than them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purehakkai)
    I have to admit I am a bit worried, you aren't the first person to recognise who I am :P Do I know you..?
    NLCS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tooambitious)
    when you said to also applied to Chicago and the fact that ou got into UCL L101 (which only gives ffers to <50) you're a girl (ours is arguably the best girls schol in london) and you're username has asian connatations (?), so urm yeah :P
    UCL only gives less than 50 offers ? Source ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member910132)
    UCL only gives less than 50 offers ? Source ?
    assumption, based on nothing except they only take 20 people, i thought great universities (that arent Oxbridge) only give like twice/three times the number of places?

ReputationRep:
    assumption, based on nothing except they only take 20 people, i thought great universities (that arent Oxbridge) only give like twice/three times the number of places?
    that's a bit of an assumption is it not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuKaMy)
    that's a bit of an assumption is it not
    agreed, hence my statement it was an assumption based on nothing...

ReputationRep:
    when you said to also applied to Chicago and the fact that ou got into UCL L101 (which only gives ffers to <50) you're a girl (ours is arguably the best girls schol in london) and you're username has asian connatations (?), so urm yeah :P
    Stated quite factually, that's all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuKaMy)
    Stated quite factually, that's all
    touche

ReputationRep:
    If I don't have the UMS for Cambridge then it's worth a punt!
    For me personally, going to LSE, UCL, Warwick or Cambridge for straight economics would beat Oxford E&M.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WalkerPrince)
    For me personally, going to LSE, UCL, Warwick or Cambridge for straight economics would beat Oxford E&M.
    Probably just wants the brand name

ReputationRep:
    Just waiting on Warwick now.. If they reject me, then I have to decide between Bath and Bristol..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by WalkerPrince)
    The teaching is much better at Oxbridge.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Just waiting on Warwick now.. If they reject me, then I have to decide between Bath and Bristol :panic:
    Ooh how will you decide if it does come to that?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh how will you decide if it does come to that?
    I honestly have no idea

I'm visiting Bristol on the 7th and I think I'll try and see if Bath can offer me some sort of visit day. Only main difference between Bath and Bristol is the year placement in industry, apart from that, they're mainly similar universities. Graduate prospects are more or less the same I think, but I think I may opt for Bristol. My friend's brother is studying Economics there and he loves it. But it's going to be a hard decision! Hopefully after getting two really good offers that I meet my offer

Edit: I've also heard you've got some offers aswell! Congratulations! About time huh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    I honestly have no idea

I'm visiting Bristol on the 7th and I think I'll try and see if Bath can offer me some sort of visit day. Only main difference between Bath and Bristol is the year placement in industry, apart from that, they're mainly similar universities. Graduate prospects are more or less the same I think, but I think I may opt for Bristol. My friend's brother is studying Economics there and he loves it. But it's going to be a hard decision! Hopefully after getting two really good offers that I meet my offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    But Bristol have such an amazing Careers centre and so many positive reviews about it.. So still a bit unsure

Btw, just seen your favourite artists, no Notorious? :shock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    But Bristol have such an amazing Careers centre and so many positive reviews about it.. So still a bit unsure

I never seemed to be able to get into his music, good artist though

ni**a I'm too fat
    I **** around and catch a asthma attack

I can especially relate with the above lines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)

As for the Bristol Vs Bath, I think Bath's placement year is a swaying factor for somoeone who wants to work in the city.

Both are good unis, both are nice cities, (is Bath a town or city?).

Also, Bristol has lots of Welsh people- you can decide if that is a positive or a negative
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    I honestly have no idea

Edit: I've also heard you've got some offers aswell! Congratulations! About time huh?
    Nice, it's literally choosing the one that fits you best, they're the same on all other levels!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.