Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihategeography)
    still waiting for UCL, LSE, Warwick I'm starting to get a little impatient...
    I am waiting for the exact same unis :P have you heard from the other 2?

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys still waiting, I got rejected by LSE in Jan and no news from UCL and Warwick ever since day one. Am getting worried. Warwick is traditionally slow, but ppl are getting offers from UCL, Economics that is.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by FDR)
    Of course there is no-one like that. I was exaggerating. But if you go to open days, speaking to some, a few are not far off that attitude at all. At events like Target 2.0, a lot are like that.

Based on your posts themselves, I genuinely can't tell - based on this post alone, probably private school because you took offence to my comment.
    Wronggggg. Anyone who is vaguely intelligent shouldn't be applying for economics if there only goal is to become an investment banker, there are far too many economics grads all wanting to do the same thing, would be better off doing a science or mathematics.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Gaofanfan)
    Are you guys still waiting, I got rejected by LSE in Jan and no news from UCL and Warwick ever since day one. Am getting worried. Warwick is traditionally slow, but ppl are getting offers from UCL, Economics that is.
    Waiting for those two as well...

ReputationRep:
    That means we are still being considered, better than news of rejection. OP, ring me a bell as soon as you get it. GOOD LUCK!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadine10)
    I am waiting for the exact same unis :P have you heard from the other 2?
    looks like I'm not the only one waiting for them 3, for a second I thought they threw my application in the bin :P and I've got offers from nottingham and leicester. Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkydee)
    Waiting on those two aswell!
    But sorry to here man..
    What were you grades like for gcse/as/a2? Could it be subject combination? ..
    Did any give a reason?
    Thanks! They all said my predicted grades were lower than required for....but that's unlikely (I do the European Bac. and my predicted average was 1% beneath the average of a classmate of mine, who got accepted at Oxford for Chemical Engineering).
    My subjects combinations are:

Geography A*, Further Maths A*, Economics A*, Physics A*

perhaps it was my ps :/

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard from UCL yet either - I'm thinking that they must reply soon! (Even though I'm expecting a rejection, I don't actually care :P)
    There's been about 2 lots of offers given out so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihategeography)
    looks like I'm not the only one waiting for them 3, for a second I thought they threw my application in the bin :P and I've got offers from nottingham and leicester. Wbu?
    Got offers from Cambridge and Bristol - not sure what should be my firm so I want to hear from those three, they are taking their time, I don't understand what is wrong with my application

ReputationRep:
    I am also waiting on Warwick and UCL (din't apply to LSE). What's taking them so long! I'm not too worried as I'm pretty certain I'm going to firm Cambridge but want the offers as insurance as they won't require me to get another A*. We're all in the same boat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefl14)
    I am also waiting on Warwick and UCL (din't apply to LSE). What's taking them so long! I'm not too worried as I'm pretty certain I'm going to firm Cambridge but want the offers as insurance as they won't require me to get another A*. We're all in the same boat.
    Exactly in the same situation as you, but I did apply to LSE. Going to firm Cambridge as well. What college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly in the same situation as you, but I did apply to LSE. Going to firm Cambridge as well. What college did you apply to?
    Applied to Gonville and Caius. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Got offers from Cambridge and Bristol - not sure what should be my firm so I want to hear from those three, they are taking their time, I don't understand what is wrong with my application
    nothing should be wrong with your application if you got an offer from Cambridge... I think they give most of the offers in early march

ReputationRep:
    Applied to Gonville and Caius. How about you?
    OMG SAME!!!! hello there future tutorial mate! whats ur offer?

ReputationRep:
    OMG SAME!!!! hello there future tutorial mate! whats ur offer?
    Got A*AA offer and A* can be in any subject. I can't use the A* I've achieved in Maths already. What's your offer?

ReputationRep:
    Got A*AA offer and A* can be in any subject. I can't use the A* I've achieved in Maths already. What's your offer?
    A*AA as well, how come you can't use your maths? did it say specifically in the subjects to took this year? what did it say on ucas?

ReputationRep:
    A*AA as well, how come you can't use your maths? did it say specifically in the subjects to took this year? what did it say on ucas?
    Well it just says "we don't usually accept grades achieved before the last year of school". They always do this - don't know why to be honest but hey/

ReputationRep:
    Well it just says "we don't usually accept grades achieved before the last year of school". They always do this - don't know why to be honest but hey/
    Ya that is standard to right this - did you cash in the grade yet? Like did you get the certificate?

And last question sorry :P, Did you call them and ask or you just assuming?

ReputationRep:
    Ya that is standard to right this - did you cash in the grade yet? Like did you get the certificate?

And last question sorry :P, Did you call them and ask or you just assuming?
    I've got the certificate and I didn't actually ask I'm just assuming since it isn't overly obvious. I figure that its most likely to be the case that I need another A* and therefore I should just try and get the best grades I can.

ReputationRep:
    Those who went to the UCL open day on the 22nd, the offers came today. Anyone else firming?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2012

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.