The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8820
Original post by stefl14
I've got the certificate and I didn't actually ask I'm just assuming since it isn't overly obvious. I figure that its most likely to be the case that I need another A* and therefore I should just try and get the best grades I can.

Okay :smile: Thanks for supporting my millions questions :P
Its nice to have found someone of the same college!
Lovely 2 A offer officially came today from UCL (L101) !
Reply 8822
Original post by WalkerPrince

Whaaaa, we do the same subjects and I got A*AA! Still chuffed though :smile: That gonna be your firm?
Original post by Trizzle
Whaaaa, we do the same subjects and I got A*AA! Still chuffed though :smile: That gonna be your firm?

Still not sure, probably.
I swing so so much, what about you? Where else are your offers from>?
Reply 8824
Still not sure, probably.
I swing so so much, what about you? Where else are your offers from>?

Yeah definitely! I applied for L100 as well so not sure whether I'll get an offer for that...
Exeter for A*AA and Edinburgh AAB so probs Edinburgh as insurance. However, I am applying to University of Amsterdam so if I get an offer from there, maybe go there over Edinburgh.

Btw I was going to talk to you on the open day, but got caught in another conversation :frown: I recognised you from your videos haha, I was the person who asked a couple of questions, like where the new agreements for partner universities are :smile:

omg 2A? how come its so easy!!
Reply 8826
Has everyone who went to the UCL economics open day last wednesday (22nd) had their offers come through on UCAS yet? I'm still waiting for mine.
Original post by mattj94
Has everyone who went to the UCL economics open day last wednesday (22nd) had their offers come through on UCAS yet? I'm still waiting for mine.

does UCL invite you for an open day before they give you an offer :confused:
Reply 8828
Original post by ihategeography
does UCL invite you for an open day before they give you an offer :confused:

Yeah and the email I received said that I wouldn't be recommended for an offer if I didn't attend the open day.
Original post by mattj94
Yeah and the email I received said that I wouldn't be recommended for an offer if I didn't attend the open day.

oh I see... was there any point of the open day? and do you know when the last open day is by any chance?
Reply 8830
Just got an offer from Warwick for Economics!!!!
Original post by Nadine10

Well done!
Reply 8832
Original post by Nadine10

Thought you got Cambridge?
Reply 8833
Original post by JuKaMy
Yes, I can see how spending a year with the same group/department and getting to know people there would definitely help with increasing the chances of being offered a job. That would be great if you happen to get to a place you really like and the job is also what you wish to do post graduation.

And though that would be a positive for anyone, no matter what they want to do, I was talking specifically about it not being the definite positive (that it is in most job areas) in asset/fund management and IB. Also i was stating what no placement year will be best for me, and as i said, that may not apply to the person who it was in reply to, or anybody else - including you.

I'm in no way in disapproval of work experience, I intend to get as much as possible during holidays. As to your point on it taking three months (the approx length of the usual summer internship) to get warmed up - I'll just have to pray from now on that I'm a slightly faster picker upper than yourself :tongue:

Just out of interest, what programme are you on? BoE, KPMG, ...? And is it panning out to be what you want to do once you graduate?

I work for Procter & Gamble. Not as large as the KPMG ones etc. Three places, two for 6 months and one for the year (me).

I never ever saw myself in a consumer goods/advertising company but it's actually really interesting and considering the job market is so tough at the moment, a guaranteed job at the end isn't something I can say I'll definitely turn down. Plus, a couple years and then a big company on my CV will help open other doors I guess.

I don't really know what I want to do! Sort of like the sound of financial journalism, or working as a foreign correspondent.
To be honest...... I want to be David Mitchell. But 'How to Be a Comedic Genius' isn't in print... and I'm not a genius.... and I'm not that funny.

Oh well. I'll stick to e-commerce for now :P
Reply 8834
Original post by wit-tank
To be honest...... I want to be David Mitchell.

LOL I was thinking this yesterday after watching 10 O Clock Live, professional ranter :smile:
Original post by lordvulture
omg 2A? how come its so easy!!

Because they love me. :cool:

(A* in Maths last year :wink: )
Reply 8836
Original post by Trizzle
LOL I was thinking this yesterday after watching 10 O Clock Live, professional ranter :smile:

I LOVE THAT SHOW.
I want to be on that show.
Why is there no career lectures on how to be David Mitchell?
Reply 8837
oh I see... was there any point of the open day? and do you know when the last open day is by any chance?

I thought it was good as it gave me a chance to speak to the lecturers and current students. I hadn't visited the uni before the open day so was good for me to look around etc. I don't know when the last open day is, sorry.

Last open day for economics is on 14th March
Reply 8839
Original post by franchesskah
Last open day for economics is on 14th March

how do you know this?

Latest

Trending

Trending