Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It probably just means that people will get UCL offers without having to attend an open day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    It probably just means that people will get UCL offers without having to attend an open day
    That's exactly what it means

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefl14)
    Really? I thought that the fact that I haven't got an offer yet means UCL are rejecting me as the last open day is tommorow. I'm not too worried as I'm firming Camb but want UCL as insurance.
    How would that work? My Cambridge offer is easier than that which UCL have as standard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acerbic)
    How would that work? My Cambridge offer is easier than that which UCL have as standard.
    What are you putting as insurance, if you don't mind me wondering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nightmare91)
    That's exactly what it means
    Strange policy though :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Strange policy though :curious:
    It is... But all universities seem to be weird this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dat Guy)
    What are you putting as insurance, if you don't mind me wondering?
    York cause it's the only offer I have that doesn't ask for an A* - but I hope that eventuality doesn't require exploration.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hey guys, I've just wanted to let you now that a friend of mine called up LSE and UCL yesterday and UCL said that they have only given out half of the offers for their Economics course. So don't lose all your hope yet! LSE said that there are still a 'significant' amount of offers to make. The ones in the gathered field are the very last of the application process. Hence I believe most of them will hear from LSE during the last week of March. The ones that weren't put into the gathered field will hear from them sooner. Let's hope it's very soon...
    I don't understand, have UCL only got international offers left to make? Surely they can't be giving internationals half of their offers? I also don't understand why they would not invite some people to open days, unless it is supposed to be a convincer for "stronger applicants", but I find that hard to believe. Saying that, I don't understand why they wouldn't have rejected people they definitely didn't want by now...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You lot surely don't need to be worrying about insurances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acerbic)
    I'm given to understand that UCL would give me A*AA/A*AAA. I've already got the A* in maths but I think Cambridge want another A* in the final year as the letter says we don't usually accept grades achieved in lower sixth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    I don't understand, have UCL only got international offers left to make? Surely they can't be giving internationals half of their offers? I also don't understand why they would not invite some people to open days, unless it is supposed to be a convincer for "stronger applicants", but I find that hard to believe. Saying that, I don't understand why they wouldn't have rejected people they definitely didn't want by now...
    I don't understand it either. They surely have rejected all candidates they definetely don't want by now. But there are a lot of borderline candidates. Just as you said, the ones they really liked, they invited them for the Open Day to kind of convince them to firm UCL. The other ones are apparently not worth inviting for the Open Day

ReputationRep:
    I also don't understand why they would not invite some people to open days, unless it is supposed to be a convincer for "stronger applicants", but I find that hard to believe.
    Just as you said, the ones they really liked, they invited them for the Open Day to kind of convince them to firm UCL. The other ones are apparently not worth inviting for the Open Day
    But from what I heard, the open days are really bad so it might be a case of discouraging more than convincing
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't understand it either. They surely have rejected all candidates they definetely don't want by now. But there are a lot of borderline candidates. Just as you said, the ones they really liked, they invited them for the Open Day to kind of convince them to firm UCL. The other ones are apparently not worth inviting for the Open Day
    In any case I just wish they would make their mind up, I'm pretty sure I could have single-handedly gone through all 2000 applications and made decisions in 3 months, they can't justify making us wait this long.

But from what I heard, the open days are really bad so it might be a case of discouraging more than convincing
    I heard this too :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Ok that's a different story

In any case I just wish they would make their mind up, I'm pretty sure I could have single-handedly gone through all 2000 applications and made decisions in 3 months, they can't justify making us wait this long.
    I feel ya... I also don't understand how it can take more than 5 months to make a decision. Either they are very lazy or work very inefficiently. And an economics department that is inefficient? They didn't really grab the concepts of economics then, did they?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ok that's a different story

I feel ya... I also don't understand how it can take more than 5 months to make a decision. Either they are very lazy or work very inefficiently. And an economics department that is inefficient? They didn't really grab the concepts of economics then, did they?
    They need to revise some micro

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from Warwick. Bath it is then lol.

ReputationRep:
    You lot surely don't need to be worrying about insurances?
    I'm not

The one I actually want to go to has the lowest offer :love: hmmm
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Yash13)
    Sorry to hear that

(Original post by Brand New Eyes)
    I'm not

The one I actually want to go to has the lowest offer :love: hmmm
    Durham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yash13)
    Sorry to hear... Bath is an awesome place though

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that

Sorry to hear... Bath is an awesome place though
    Thanks guys.

Can you make me feel better which is better Nottingham or Bath?

I did not apply to Nottingham so I don't know if I have made a mistake.

Also, anyone know how Mcgill University (Canada) and Erasmus University Rotterdam (Netherlands) compare to Bath for Economics.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2012

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.