Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yash13)
    Rejection from Warwick. Bath it is then lol.
    wtf?! When did you hear back? Sorry to hear btw, Bath>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Warwick
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thanks guys.

Can you make me feel better which is better Nottingham or Bath?

I did not apply to Nottingham so I don't know if I have made a mistake.

Also, anyone know how Mcgill University (Canada) and Erasmus University Rotterdam (Netherlands) compare to Bath for Economics.

I have Nottingham and think Bath is better, don't know anything about international, universities, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys.

Also, anyone know how Mcgill University (Canada) and Erasmus University Rotterdam (Netherlands) compare to Bath for Economics.

I would say Bath is better, but that's just me

Don't know too much about those international universities

(Original post by -Illmatic-)
    ^ Agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)

Durham?
    LSE :P

Thanks guys.

According to QS

It goes:

Mcgill (18th)
    Rotterdam (36th)
    Bath (100 and something)

But QS isn't very representative so erm :/ look around

http://www.topuniversities.com/unive...nces/economics

Rejection from Warwick. Bath it is then lol.
    It's okay, they just suck off people who do EPQ dont take it personally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    Haha today! :| A bit upseting, more rejections than offers :O LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Finally smiled after a mini depression

I have Nottingham and think Bath is better, don't know anything about international, universities, sorry!
    Yay!!! No worries. Still not sure whether to take a gap year lets see what happens in June.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys.

It's hard to compare those universities. Internationally McGill University has the best reputation although not really for Economics. They are really famous for the sciences, medicine etc.. Bath and Rotterdam are about the same although Rotterdam is especially famous for business degrees. I can't speak for the quality of the courses, but I don't think any of those three is on a 'different level' than the others. Have you got offers from all of those three?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brand New Eyes)
    LSE :P
    Have you got a LSE offer?

ReputationRep:

According to QS

It goes:

Mcgill (18th)
    Rotterdam (36th)
    Bath (100 and something)

But QS isn't very representative so erm :/ look around

http://www.topuniversities.com/unive...nces/economics

It's okay, they just suck off people who do EPQ dont take it personally
    Haha really! I didn't even bother applying for EPQ. :L Thanks I might just stick to Bath though. I have no idea about these other Unis even tho I have applied to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nightmare91)
    Have you got a LSE offer?
    :cry2: Nope, 17 days to go though!

I hope you get one!

Haha really! I didn't even bother applying for EPQ. :L Thanks I might just stick to Bath though. I have no idea about these other Unis even tho I have applied to them.
    haha probably would make life easier tbh. Rotterdam just has the advantage of being cheaper fees-wise

ReputationRep:

I hope you get one!
    Thank you! I hope you'll get one as well! But I am sure it's Warwick for me. It'd be such a surprise if I actually got an offer Oh and I saw you got a Durham offer? Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I hope you'll get one as well! But I am sure it's Warwick for me. It'd be such a surprise if I actually got an offer Oh and I saw you got a Durham offer? Congrats!
    I think they might be waiting for people to firm so they know what numbers they need etc. there is still hope! But yes. Warwick :drool: WES is going to be insane

http://www.warwickeconomicssummit.com/2012/

and thanks i want to know my college now!

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to compare those universities. Internationally McGill University has the best reputation although not really for Economics. They are really famous for the sciences, medicine etc.. Bath and Rotterdam are about the same although Rotterdam is especially famous for business degrees. I can't speak for the quality of the courses, but I don't think any of those three is on a 'different level' than the others. Have you got offers from all of those three?
    Oh thanks that helps clear things up. I only have an offer from Bath. The rest are in the back of my mind.

ReputationRep:
    haha probably would make life easier tbh. Rotterdam just has the advantage of being cheaper fees-wise
    Lol exactly why I sent my documents Although, placement year will probably put me in equal financial standing (even though you cannot pay off the debt in a lump sum )
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

I hope you get one!

Ah I thought you had an LSE offer for a minute then :P
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Lol exactly why I sent my documents Although, placement year will probably put me in equal financial standing (even though you cannot pay off the debt in a lump sum )
    I think they might be changing it so you can pay off the debt in lump sums without being penalised.

ReputationRep:
    I think they might be changing it so you can pay off the debt in lump sums without being penalised.
    Yay!! TSR Eco crew cheering me up

ReputationRep:
    I think they might be waiting for people to firm so they know what numbers they need etc. there is still hope! But yes. Warwick :drool: WES is going to be insane

http://www.warwickeconomicssummit.com/2012/

and thanks i want to know my college now!
    Yep the WES is insane. Just look at the speakers. Very impressive. Definetely going to attend the 2013 one

You want the Castle don't you :cool:

Oh thanks that helps clear things up. I only have an offer from Bath. The rest are in the back of my mind.
    Go for Bath. McGill is insanely expensive and considering the difficulties of getting visas, student loans as an international student etc. it'd definetely not worth it. Rotterdam is a good alternative although I am sure you'll enjoy Bath. It's a beautiful town and if you do this placement year you'll have good chances of getting a graduate job before you actually graduate

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I've always wondered about placement years. You have to pay Bath £2.5k for doing what exactly? and you'd probably earn more in your real post-graduate job so D: why do it when you'll be earning less? You can gain experience during summer + holidays, why did you choose this option out of curiosity?

Ah I thought you had an LSE offer for a minute then :P
    Sadly not, hence why I said the one I would like to go to heard back form UCL then?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure this is true. Cable or someone came out and said it last month. Let me find the article...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-17140106

ReputationRep:
    Just to say I also got rejected from Warwick. Not really fussed because I wasn't going to go anyway but anyone who hasn't received their rejection tonight still has hope!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.