Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Brand New Eyes)
    Hmm I've always wondered about placement years. You have to pay Bath £2.5k for doing what exactly? and you'd probably earn more in your real post-graduate job so D: why do it when you'll be earning less? You can gain experience during summer + holidays, why did you choose this option out of curiosity?

Sadly not, hence why I said the one I would like to go to heard back form UCL then?
    Bath has amazing contacts and the placement programme is very well established, some companies like HSBC even have dedicated places just for people on this programme, it is about getting a leg up from the university to ensure you get a decent job when you leave. The money you pay them is annoying but most placement years pay really well so it doesn't really matter.

Still waiting for UCL :|
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by stefl14)
    Just to say I also got rejected from Warwick. Not really fussed because I wasn't going to go anyway but anyone who hasn't received their rejection tonight still has hope!

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Bath has amazing contacts and the placement programme is very well established, some companies like HSBC even have dedicated places just for people on this programme, it is about getting a leg up from the university to ensure you get a decent job when you leave. The money you pay them is annoying but most placement years pay really well so it doesn't really matter.

Still waiting for UCL :|
    Firmed Bath, Insurance Exeter. Not bad I say.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Yash13)
    Firmed Bath, Insurance Exeter. Not bad I say.
    I know lots of people who would kill to be in that position, along as you're happy

ReputationRep:
    Loving the way UCL are still stringing us along...

ReputationRep:
    I know lots of people who would kill to be in that position, along as you're happy
    Thanks I feel less inadequate now after three rejections in a row :O
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by 94george94)
    Loving the way UCL are still stringing us along...
    :rolleyes: don't get me started
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Yash13)
    Thanks I feel less inadequate now after three rejections in a row :O
    Shame we all had to pick the most competitive subject, you should be happy with what you've achieved

ReputationRep:
    Shame we all had to pick the most competitive subject, you should be happy with what you've achieved
    Medicine is more competitive?

:fuhrer: yeah, don't you just envy hate people who have five offers

But yes definitely! there are some people who are rejected from all but one o.O

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: don't get me started
    I feel like UCL's whore, I keep coming back to it but it's showing me no love.

ReputationRep:
    I know right! I couldn't see myself studying anything else though Thanks man, I thought I may have had a shot with Durham and Warwick but maybe not. I hope you get what you want

ReputationRep:
    Warwick still haven't replied to me, what is taking them so long
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Brand New Eyes)
    Medicine is more competitive?

:fuhrer: yeah, don't you just envy hate people who have five offers

But yes definitely! there are some people who are rejected from all but one o.O
    Medicine is skewed because so few places offer it

LOL

ReputationRep:
    Offer from durham and warwick. please help me ... i don't know which one to go to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bonana567)
    Warwick still haven't replied to me, what is taking them so long
    same, I have 4/5 replies but they're taking forever, it's frustrating . where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jsalgado)
    same, I have 4/5 replies but they're taking forever, it's frustrating . where else did you apply?
    Cambridge, Nottingham, Leeds and Sheffield. Cambridge rejected me post-interview and I have an offer from the other 3. Nottingham gave me a nice offer of AABB which kind of voids my offers from Leeds and Sheffield. Really want Warwick but having said that I'm glad I got Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicatee)
    Offer from durham and warwick. please help me ... i don't know which one to go to.
    Old but http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1942364

:lol: already repped your other post.

You know what strikes me, so many of us are Oxbridge rejects :five:

ReputationRep:
    How does soas economics Compare to ucl or lse? I am starting in september. Also is it possible to do a floater course at another university of london uni?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Joeyy1181)
    How does soas economics Compare to ucl or lse? I am starting in september. Also is it possible to do a floater course at another university of london uni?
    It doesn't really.. And what do you mean by that?

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't really.. And what do you mean by that?
    You know how soas is part of the university of london like ucl, kings and etc, apparently you can go to specific lectures/classes at the other UOL unis. I heard this at the open day .

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.