Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    Maths, F.Maths, Physics, Economics and German.

How about you ?
    WOAH! SNAP!

I thought I was the only person doing those subjects
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Maths, F.Maths, Physics, Economics and German.

How about you ?
    Ugh, not another applicant with perfect subjects to compete against

You should talk to thegenius, he's in this thread and they're the subjects he's doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tateco)

You should talk to thegenius, he's in this thread and they're the subjects he's doing
    Exactly! And he's doing five to boot!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by zxh800)
    Exactly! And he's doing five to boot!
    You're all doing further maths as well :'( I feel so inadequate, why did I have to pick such **** subjects.

ReputationRep:
    You're all doing further maths as well :'( I feel so inadequate, why did I have to pick such **** subjects.
    ^ This...
    • PS Helper

PS Helper

Perfect subjects? But he's missing out on English Literature of course!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    ^ This...
    Don't worry Jamie, we'll both go to London Met, it'll be a blast! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry Jamie, we'll both go to London Met, it'll be a blast! :cool:
    I'll see you there

ReputationRep:

I already posted that 2 minutes before you mentioned it

Perfect subjects? I originally chose full Further Maths as I was thinking of Cambridge, LSE and UCL but now I'm pretty sure I'm applying to universities which don't really put so much of an emphasis (hopefully still a bit though) on F Maths!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by thegenius31416)
    I already posted that 2 minutes before you mentioned it

Perfect subjects? I originally chose full Further Maths as I was thinking of Cambridge, LSE and UCL but now I'm pretty sure I'm applying to universities which don't really put so much of an emphasis (hopefully still a bit though) on F Maths!
    Aha, what could possibly be improved on out of those 5 subjects? In my opinion that's the best you can get.

ReputationRep:
    Aha, what could possibly be improved on out of those 5 subjects? In my opinion that's the best you can get.
    Ditch Physics for History and you have my seal of approval
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by zxh800)
    Ditch Physics for History and you have my seal of approval
    Yeah it could boil down to that debate. IMO Physics would be better as you already have German and Economics essay subjects. Anyway, let's not discuss that, it's depressing

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it could boil down to that debate. IMO Physics would be better as you already have German and Economics essay subjects. Anyway, let's not discuss that, it's depressing
    I dunno, with FM and normal Maths there would definitely be M1 and M2 in there somewhere meaning a very nice overlap with Physics. Also, compared to both German and Economics, I'd say History is more of a hardcore essay subject. I found Economics quite lightweight and formulaic compared to History which wasa nightmare. As for German, surely they don't expect you to right write pages and pages in a language that isn't your mother tongue. So yea, :P I'd argue that Economics (AQA at least) aren't proper essay subjects.

/end Historian's rant

ReputationRep:
    Well... doing less subjects and thus, getting better UMS in each other subject for starters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasminge)
    i study economics, maths, further maths and geography. i'm taking them all to a2

i have 5 As, 3 A*s, and a B and a C at GCSE (this is like top 10 at the school i was at)

i can't decide between economics and economics and maths combined.

i am thinking of applying to Bristol, Bath, Warwick, Royal Holloway and, depending on results, LSE/UCL (ahh!)

any advice? i am still totally unsure about everything and in a really vague place right now. it would be nice to stay close to london, where i live, but hten again, many of the universities here that i would like to go to are very hard to get into (especially with my crap gcse results and likelihood of me having a rubbish ps)!

thanks
    From what I understand, if you would be interested in working in the City, the combination of Maths and Economics may seem very attractive. Have you got a career in mind?

ReputationRep:
    But I'm doing further maths only to AS...hardly perfect :P

ReputationRep:
    WOAH! SNAP!

I thought I was the only person doing those subjects

Yes ! German is amazing :cool:

Might apply for L101 at Bristol

ReputationRep:
    Yes ! German is amazing :cool:

Might apply for L101 at Bristol
    ****! I'm applying for that too

ReputationRep:
    ****! I'm applying for that too

Wahey !!!!!Hope we get in ! Plus, do you think its less/more competitive than straight econ (L100) ?

ReputationRep:
    Wahey !!!!!Hope we get in ! Plus, do you think its less/more competitive than straight econ (L100) ?
    In terms of applicants to places, much less competitive (the ratio is almost 4 times better) but then again, applicants with languages tend to be usually quite strong. If I were to get an offer for that course, I'd be überglücklich!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.