(Original post by Tateco)
    What did you insure?
    Bristol
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    Bristol
    Oh yeah I forgot they gave you good entry requirements!

ReputationRep:
    What did you insure?

Ah did you firm it too?
    Not yet, just waiting until the deadline haha. Have you visited there yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brand New Eyes)
    I just did this http://www.sporcle.com/games/DeaconE...ous_economists

:eek: Léon Walras? Who has ever heard of him?
    I got 7/10

ReputationRep:
    Firmed LSE and insured UCL
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Trizzle)
    Not yet, just waiting until the deadline haha. Have you visited there yet?
    Haha why? I've been there once but not really seen it properly!

(Original post by WalkerPrince)
    Firmed LSE and insured UCL
    Whatever you decided to do it's not like you're going to regret it, it's a win-win

ReputationRep:
    Nah just wondering cos it really is a good place but if you love campuses then obviously you won't like it that much.
    Can't believe Walker only insured UCL, tut tut haha

ReputationRep:

Whatever you decided to do it's not like you're going to regret it, it's a win-win
    Exactly

Nah just wondering cos it really is a good place but if you love campuses then obviously you won't like it that much.
    Stupid LSE, I better enjoy it there!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The only campus university I visited I didn't like It's a difficult decision to make, the year abroad would have definitely swung it for me but I decided between UCL and LSE when I applied so I'm biased

Exactly

Stupid LSE, I better enjoy it there!
    It can't be that different to UCL enjoyment wise! You can always come and see us if you get bored :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    The only campus university I visited I didn't like It's a difficult decision to make, the year abroad would have definitely swung it for me but I decided between UCL and LSE when I applied so I'm biased

It can't be that different to UCL enjoyment wise! You can always come and see us if you get bored :laugh:
    Oh, I definitely think it willl!

That's the plan, just pretend I'm on the L101 course if i get bored of LSE.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I definitely think it willl!

That's the plan, just pretend I'm on the L101 course if i get bored of LSE.
    :lol: Have fun with L100 (the module)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Brand New Eyes)
    :lol: Have fun with L100 (the module)
    You definitely gapping now?

ReputationRep:
    So in the end, I actually decided to firm Edinburgh

I know the year abroad isn't definite at Edinburgh but if I don't get on it, I don't mind because Edinburgh is such a lovely city and if I decide to go on and do post-grad afterwards, I can do it in Germany.

I'm actually really surprised at myself for firming it but since I got back from the open day, I haven't been able to think of much else so I had to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegenius31416)

I know the year abroad isn't definite at Edinburgh but if I don't get on it, I don't mind because Edinburgh is such a lovely city and if I decide to go on and do post-grad afterwards, I can do it in Germany.

I'm actually really surprised at myself for firming it but since I got back from the open day, I haven't been able to think of much else so I had to.
    I could have sworn that a month or two ago you were set on Bristol?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by thegenius31416)

Interesting decision! I thought you were completely set on having the year abroad

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I wish to have some opinions from you all here.
    Is it wise to turn down Nottingham for Durham in economics? I just think Durham as a university suits me more. I also like its course despite it being less mathematical and has some applied business choices. However, since Durham's course is not as mathematical as Nottingham, does it mean it isn't as highly regarded for job prospects or further study?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by paperstars123)
    Is it wise to turn down Nottingham for Durham in economics? I just think Durham as a university suits me more. I also like its course despite it being less mathematical and has some applied business choices. However, since Durham's course is not as mathematical as Nottingham, does it mean it isn't as highly regarded for job prospects or further study?
    Not at all, it sounds like Durham is perfectly suited to you. The only point where Nottingham might have a slight advantage would be applying for postgraduate courses in Economics/Finance due to its more quantitative nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperstars123)
    What Tat said. However, I would like to add that Nottingham's Economics course is a BA/Bsc therefore you have great flexibility in terms of the quantitative nature of your degree. Neither course is going to let you escape without doing Mathematical modules and you can make your degree at Nottingham less or more quantitative than at Durham. In terms of job prospects, http://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/caree...ydept__ALL.pdf
    shows that Durham places its students excellently but at the same time http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/economic...etter-2011.pdf so does Nottingham. I would say go to both Universities, compare the course content and then make a decision because they are both top institutions outside the Top 5.

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Warwick L100 (finally)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.