Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    May consider keeping 4 A levels next year after seeing Warwick's unionview.. Plus Further Maths AS aswell.. I think it will depend on my results
    What's unionview? Have you got a link to it?

That's a lot to handle... I'm dropping one and taking up further maths AS level to make sure I don't compromise my other A-levels.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Tateco)

That's a lot to handle... I'm dropping one and taking up further maths AS level to make sure I don't compromise my other A-levels.
    http://unionview.co.uk/

I really have to reconsider UCL if they are asking for UMS (and others aren't).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Groat)
    http://unionview.co.uk/

I really have to reconsider UCL if they are asking for UMS (and others aren't).
    Same, I don't know if I can risk Cambridge, Warwick, UCL, Bath, York
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Same, I don't know if I can risk Cambridge, Warwick, UCL, Bath, York
    I didn't realise York was on the cards for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    I'm not sure about the stat. One of the fellows at Churchill College told me about 50-60 applied for 6 Economics places and about 28 got called in for interview.
    4 places.

ReputationRep:

Basically what Groat quoted, it's a pretty good website about universities if you can't visit the place

I've heard of some people do 5 A levels and say it's nothing, I have no idea how they are able to do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    4 places.
    Source? My memory may be hazy but 6 was the number one of the fellows at Churchill gave me at the open day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    Source? My memory may be hazy but 6 was the number one of the fellows at Churchill gave me at the open day.
    http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/unde...cs/docs/ec.pdf
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Groat)
    I didn't realise York was on the cards for you?
    Well I need an insurance and York is the only one I vaguely like out of the top 10...
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Basically what Groat quoted, it's a pretty good website about universities if you can't visit the place

I've heard of some people do 5 A levels and say it's nothing, I have no idea how they are able to do that

Well I need an insurance and York is the only one I vaguely like out of the top 10...
    Fair enough. I was put off by the fact you don't need Maths to A-Level. :eek:

Although, if all goes well, you won't need to think about insurances. :sexface:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Groat)

Fair enough. I was put off by the fact you don't need Maths to A-Level. :eek:

Although, if all goes well, you won't need to think about insurances. :sexface:
    Yep, if things turns out like I hope they do then it's Cambridge, Warwick, LSE, UCL and Bath for me

EDIT: Why would anyone neg this? Oh I forgot, discussing university choices isn't allowed in the UCAS applicants thread
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Yep, if things turns out like I hope they do then it's Cambridge, Warwick, LSE, UCL and Bath for me
    Are you ready for it?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Groat)
    Are you ready for it?
    It's still 8 days yet, I've been a bit distracted but will start prep soon! It won't take too much, just read up on current affairs and think of a couple of examples, don't want to rehearse answers or anything because then it's all really forced!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Everyone ready for results?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone ready for results?
    Lol you seem to get negged for everything.
    Hmm idk, I just want it over and done with it so I can move onto getting offers (or rejections ).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Psychotic546)
    Lol you seem to get negged for everything.
    Hmm idk, I just want it over and done with it so I can move onto getting offers (or rejections ).
    Don't get what's wrong with everyone, I'm only trying to keep the thread going :sad:

I agree! The wait is getting annoying
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Don't get what's wrong with everyone, I'm only trying to keep the thread going :sad:
    I'm guessing some people aren't as confident as you regarding their impending results.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I'm guessing some people aren't as confident as you regarding their impending results.
    Yeah, that has definitely been the case with a few negatives I've been given!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Even so, I'm only trying to keep a conversation going, it didn't sound like I was boasting at all IMO

ReputationRep:
    14 Days....

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.