14 Days....
    (Original post by boromir9111)
    2 weeks......
    Seems like someone's on a negging spree
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Groat)
    Yeah, that has definitely been the case with a few negatives I've been given!
    When you get back, find out who negged that post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Neggers neg away. The more the merrier. It doesn't affect me.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I just negged you now
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by boromir9111)
    Yeah. I just negged you now
    Nice

ReputationRep:
    Finished the Undercover Economist, now starting on the Armchair Economist. My current book doesn't quite contain the economic depth I thought, but still seems like a good read

ReputationRep:
    So how many books has everyone read? I haven't read so far but I've reserved a couple at the local library.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Finished the Undercover Economist, now starting on the Armchair Economist. My current book doesn't quite contain the economic depth I thought, but still seems like a good read
    I'm thinking of getting the Armchair Economist, how much did you get it for?

Edit: Sorry I offended someone
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    I liked that book I'm reading the Truth about Markets by John Kay at the moment, pretty good but more of a textbook style as it doesn't read very well

P.S. I pos repped you to make up for the uncalled-for neg
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by zxh800)
    So how many books has everyone read? I haven't read so far but I've reserved a couple at the local library.
    This summer. None But I've probably read about 5 economics books in total over time (Which isn't bad considering I don't read. ever.)

ReputationRep:
    Just the one so far, hopefully I'll finish 2 by the end of summer

(Original post by jamiepango)

Don't get where all the stupid negs are coming from.. But it's relatively cheap on amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=new
    Kinda weird.. It's cheaper to buy it brand new than used

I liked that book I'm reading the Truth about Markets by John Kay at the moment, pretty good but more of a textbook style as it doesn't read very well

Thanks and I've got that book lying around somewhere, I've heard Peter Kay knows what he's talking about
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jamiepango)

You probably didn't people are negging for the hell of it on this thread :|
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Just the one so far, hopefully I'll finish 2 by the end of summer

Don't get where all the stupid negs are coming from.. But it's relatively cheap on amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...;condition=new
    Kinda weird.. It's cheaper to buy it brand new than used

Thanks and I've got that book lying around somewhere, I've heard Peter Kay knows what he's talking about
    Peter Kay?

ReputationRep:
    Read about 6 or 7 atm. Got a few more I'm getting through. Atm reading "The World we're in" by Will Hutton.

Yeah I read that at the start of Year 12 so it was really good then. Explained everything in a simple way and went into more depth than at school. Still a fair few good ideas in that book.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I just got my dates for my German Abitur examinations in January and June. It is exactly on the same dates as the A Level Further Maths units... So I won't be able to take them since my Abitur is way more important and the A Level examination centre is in southern Germany and I live in northern Germany. That really sucks... Should I let my referee mention it so that the Unis know that I was willing to take them but just couldn't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nightmare91)
    Ah I just got my dates for my German Abitur examinations in January and June. It is exactly on the same dates as the A Level Further Maths units... So I won't be able to take them since my Abitur is way more important and the A Level examination centre is in southern Germany and I live in northern Germany. That really sucks... Should I let my referee mention it so that the Unis know that I was willing to take them but just couldn't?
    Wow that's unlucky dude :eek: You should definitely get your referee to mention it But surely you should be able to take them in june if it clashes in jan or does it clash in BOTH jan and june :confused: That would be very unfortunate...

ReputationRep:
    Peter Kay?
    Truth About Markets author...

ReputationRep:
    Peter Kay?
    hahaha my bad! Very easy to get the two mixed up

Certainly has the look of an economist

ReputationRep:
    I like this thread

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2012

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.