This discussion is closed.
sukh_b
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi
I was wondering if anyone else did the final economics paper (Economics in a Euoropean Context - 2888) yesterday in an attempt to finish off the whole A2?
If so how did you find it?
Cheers.
Leeroy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sukh_b)
Hi
I was wondering if anyone else did the final economics paper (Economics in a Euoropean Context - 2888) yesterday in an attempt to finish off the whole A2?
If so how did you find it?
Cheers.
no i really wanted to but the school would only allow us to do 2 modules, which is stupid as this ones synoptic. What was it on?
sukh_b
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leeroy)
no i really wanted to but the school would only allow us to do 2 modules, which is stupid as this ones synoptic. What was it on?
They issued some stimulus material on the European health care markets which led into all sorts of different areas from our other modules.
The exam is more on our AS modules, ie govt intervention and Int. + Nat. economy, because at A2 there are different modules. For example i do Transport and Development, but i could have done Labour if it was available as a choice(i think..).Harder for OCR to incorporate all these different modules.
My teacher, a national examiner (for summin in economics), said it was one of the most difficult he had seen, but im hopeful of a D,still though it is hard to predict as i didnt have any mocks, went into it with 3 weeks worth of extra class work on East european Transition economies,the Single European Market,etc.
If i do get a D/C and highish B's in Dev. and Transport i should get an A in my A2 (big surplus from AS), but these things are impossible to predict!!I guess the experience will help come June if i hav'nt done aswell as i have hoped.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What a brilliant idea, if you got near 100%s at AS, then you could push a couple of Bs in the two choice modules, and hope for a D in the third synoptic module, and you'd finish off your Alevel, love it.

The other way is to get 5 x 100% :|
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
What a brilliant idea, if you got near 100%s at AS, then you could push a couple of Bs in the two choice modules, and hope for a D in the third synoptic module, and you'd finish off your Alevel, love it.

The other way is to get 5 x 100% :|

yep, my AS marks were highish (got about 80,80,110)
and my other 2 (transport and UK econ) seem to be going fine, but the damn school wouldnt let me sit the synoptic one!

by the way sukh, what did you think of the transport paper?
sukh_b
Rep:
?
yep, my AS marks were highish (got about 80,80,110)
and my other 2 (transport and UK econ) seem to be going fine, but the damn school wouldnt let me sit the synoptic one!

by the way sukh, what did you think of the transport paper?
I had written a well long reply but the server got busy and I f*ckin lost it!!!!!
Transport was OK, hope to get a B. Section A was good compared to past papers i did.Section B i did the Sustainability question, part (a) was arkwardly worded,(b) was much more straight forward.How did you find it?

At AS i got 81,90,101. Our teachers encouraged us to do the synoptic, practically forced it on one.Six of us did the paper. Sounds to me that it would have been good for you to do it aswell, i only got 2 UMS more than you overall and i have the highest mark in my class so obviously the other 5 were worse off and still did it.
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I had written a well long reply but the server got busy and I f*ckin lost it!!!!!
Transport was OK, hope to get a B. Section A was good compared to past papers i did.Section B i did the Sustainability question, part (a) was arkwardly worded,(b) was much more straight forward.How did you find it?

At AS i got 81,90,101. Our teachers encouraged us to do the synoptic, practically forced it on one.Six of us did the paper. Sounds to me that it would have been good for you to do it aswell, i only got 2 UMS more than you overall and i have the highest mark in my class so obviously the other 5 were worse off and still did it.
yeh i did the sustainaibility question too, was nice, tho i may have answered it with not enough reference to the "explain economic factors involved" and just put any factors involved. secondpart was fine, thi=o my lack of diagrams worried me a bit. and the data response was ok too, didnt really struggle with any questions, probly lost marks on techincalities. Damn, i really wanted to do the synoptic, never mind, BTW, well done on 100% on one of ur papers.
theECONOMIST
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
not bragging or anything but i found it incredibly straight forward.
At AS level i scored 294/300.
sukh_b
Rep:
?
(Original post by theECONOMIST)
not bragging or anything but i found it incredibly straight forward.
At AS level i scored 294/300.
Thats great!Looks as if you got an A in the bag!You are either incredibly gifted, or have no life out of school whatsoever!However, im not at liberty to decide which category you fall in as i dnt knw you.But well done on Cambridge i knw a twat that study's there right now,you'll fit right in!!!
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Did you say you've applied for maths and economics at LSE sukh?
sukh_b
Rep:
?
Did you say you've applied for maths and economics at LSE sukh?
I've applied for straight Economics, and also Economics and Economic History. Im pretty strong at Economics and History at AS/A2, struggling with maths.Ive not heard from them yet, i think they received my application early Nov.Ive got all my other offers (Notts,Bham,Manchester,Leicester ) but i want to go LSE, for obvious reasons, ie its the top dog!Im expecting some sort of reply soon, dunno if it will be good or bad news.Congrats on your offer.Where else did you apply?
sukh_b
Rep:
?
I've applied for straight Economics, and also Economics and Economic History. Im pretty strong at Economics and History at AS/A2, struggling with maths.Ive not heard from them yet, i think they received my application early Nov.Ive got all my other offers (Notts,Bham,Manchester,Leicester ) but i want to go LSE, for obvious reasons, ie its the top dog!Im expecting some sort of reply soon, dunno if it will be good or bad news.Congrats on your offer.Where else did you apply?
Sorry, i sent my application early December.When did you send yours?[Leeroy]
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sorry, i sent my application early December.When did you send yours?[Leeroy]
erm sent mine real early , mid september to meet oxbridge deadline (but didnt get in lol)

applied to oxford, warwick, bath, york and durham (as well as LSE), and got offers from all but oxford. So it looks like ill go to lse, i did like warwick a great deal, but think LSE has that prestigous edge. York as insurance simply as its the only one with a lower offer.

By the way i sat OCR's uk economy paper today, it was quite a ncie paper, one of the last questions was "a) what is meant by long term economic growth b) discuss possible policies gvt. can use to achieve long term economic growth" - as im sure youll know, that is one nice question lol.
Ensocopier
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
erm sent mine real early , mid september to meet oxbridge deadline (but didnt get in lol)

applied to oxford, warwick, bath, york and durham (as well as LSE), and got offers from all but oxford. So it looks like ill go to lse, i did like warwick a great deal, but think LSE has that prestigous edge. York as insurance simply as its the only one with a lower offer.

By the way i sat OCR's uk economy paper today, it was quite a ncie paper, one of the last questions was "a) what is meant by long term economic growth b) discuss possible policies gvt. can use to achieve long term economic growth" - as im sure youll know, that is one nice question lol.
What did you make of question 4, the fiscal policy one?
theECONOMIST
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thats great!Looks as if you got an A in the bag!You are either incredibly gifted, or have no life out of school whatsoever!However, im not at liberty to decide which category you fall in as i dnt knw you.But well done on Cambridge i knw a twat that study's there right now,you'll fit right in!!!
Yes maybe i will, i know a 'twat' who didn't get into Cambridge and would you like to hazard a guess as to why? he was a 'twat'.

And us so called ***** will one day make the decisions that will affect your lives, i don't give a damn what you say when i graduate i will come out and say "sod off, i can do whatever i want as i went to cambridge".
I'm very sorry to tell you this but you damn well won't get into LSE, people there are exceptionally gifted at math and if they get any sniff of that your application will be tossed in the bin with all the other losers who use words like 'twat'.
Have a good life at b'ham as thats where you deserve to go you lowlife.
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ensocopier)
What did you make of question 4, the fiscal policy one?
yeh that was sweet aswell, i wrote plans for both, opted for the economics growth one for simplicity tho.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads