Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Whilst the royal family are an asset to this country, camping out for a night is just loserish and plain idiotic.

ReputationRep:
    why would you want to do that...such a waste of time, who on earth camps in the middle of a city...and for the royal wedding :lolwut: If your so obbessed with it you should watch it on TV. You're not even going to get a good veiw of it, especially with the amount of security. If you want to have good fun you should camp in a proper forest, not in a city with all the traffic, pollution and lights...just saying.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loling909)
    why would you want to do that...such a waste of time, who on earth camps in the middle of a city...and for the royal wedding :lolwut: If your so obbessed with it you should watch it on TV. You're not even going to get a good veiw of it, especially with the amount of security. If you want to have good fun you should camp in a proper forest, not in a city with all the traffic, pollution and lights...just saying.
    It's just something we suggested and figured would be fun to do. I don't even care about the wedding that much. I was just wondering if anyone has ever done something like it before, and it it's safe or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukas1051)
    It's just something we suggested and figured would be fun to do. I don't even care about the wedding that much. I was just wondering if anyone has ever done something like it before, and it it's safe or not.
    It seems weird IMO, why don't you just camp in those forests. Where theres not city obstruction. And you can tell scary stories around the camp fire. You won't be able to make a camp fire in the middle of london. Camping means nothing without a camp fire.

ReputationRep:
    Camping the day before the royal wedding in one of london's parks?

I have 0 knowledge of anything in London, but I don't think the police/council will be too happy about that seeing as it is such a big event and all eyes are watching.

Also, to the people above. People can go an attend to show their support for the monarchy if they want. I bet you go to sports games or concerts which would be available on TV too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loling909)
    It seems weird IMO, why don't you just camp in those forests. Where theres not city obstruction. And you can tell scary stories around the camp fire. You won't be able to make a camp fire in the middle of london. Camping means nothing without a camp fire.
    We've been camping before, it's just my friend really wants to go for the wedding. She is obsessed with the royals. I know it won't be sitting round a campfire with marshmallows, but I'm wondering if it'd be more similar to festivals, or if it will just be crap and dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    That's gay. And after 11pm is mandatory shanking time in london innit.

ReputationRep:
    You must be desperate for some **** bank material.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the parks in London close after dark for a reason...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubberband)
    Well, the parks in London close after dark for a reason...
    This

ReputationRep:
    Aside fromt he issue of it being quite sad, the other question is are you bonking mad? If the parks not closed then your practically setting up a buffet for every mugger, rapist, drug dealer, prossy, psycho loony toon in the general area - and thats assuming the police are going to let you do it in the first place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PapaShmurff)
    That's gay. And after 11pm is mandatory shanking time in london innit.
    Looooool :rofl:

--
    OP whyyyy would you guys even do that? :confused:

If its majorly important to you guys then why not have a party at your house/your friends house?

ReputationRep:
    If you want to camp in London for the royal wedding, check out Camp Royale which are setting up a campsite on Clapham Common.

ReputationRep:
    Well most of the big parks actually close and are patrolled by police and park security.

Don't know about the smaller parks in the dodgier areas...but meh.

I imagine it'd be fun as you're young but I'm a bit older and would prefer roughing it up properly and not staying in London in a mesh tent. After dark London looks like more of a **** hole.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you'd be allowed to camp in the park, best to go to an organised campsite.

ReputationRep:
    If you're expecting to be anywhere near where they're getting married then think again. And you probably won't have a TV with you so you won't be able to watch or hear what's going on.

Why don't you have an awesome night camping near your town, have a laugh etc, then go back to one of your houses the next day and spend the day chilling out and watching it on TV?

ReputationRep:
    So you're proposing to camp in a park then attend a wedding of two people who have no relation to you at all. They're basically strangers to me.

ReputationRep:
    If I were you I'd go out the night before, chill out around central london in the early hours, spend morining in mcdonals (open at 5am - brekfast, coffee fix), then get in line.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.