Turn on thread page Beta

Camping in London for the royal wedding watch

ReputationRep:
    Just watch it on tv, no need to camp in London, as everyone has said it is far too risky/pointless.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a good idea. I hear there are some fantastic parks in Whitechapel and Mile End to stay in when it's dark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    If I were you I'd go out the night before, chill out around central london in the early hours, spend morining in mcdonals (open at 5am - brekfast, coffee fix), then get in line.
    6am..

ReputationRep:
    it sounds like the OP is stuck on a compromise, cuz his friend is a big fan of the royals so I'm assuming that watching it on TV or going to another park would not be satisfying enough, plus they're 16/17, the age where people do random, out of the box things for the sake of doing it, or as the OP said, "for a laugh".

I say go for it, if theres more than 10 of you, safety shouldnt be a big issue, worst thing is that the police kick you out and you go to another camp site and laugh about it, if not, then you have a good time and can add that to the list of "pointless things i did not regret doing but would never do again".

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-neighbours.do

OP may find this helpful.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose alot of people will camping out in Hyde Park the night before so I don't think it will be that bad.

Eitherway, I would never camp out for something like this. You'll probably not see anything and even if you do, it'll be for a millisecond.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aprilterri)
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-neighbours.do

OP may find this helpful.
    Holy ****, hottest locals ever

ReputationRep:
    Wow. That's sad. If you MUST do it for the Royal Wedding though, just stay at a Premier Inn instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigermoth99)
    If you want to camp in London for the royal wedding, check out Camp Royale which are setting up a campsite on Clapham Common.
    This.

Find an organised place such as this, if you set up camp in a park the police will probably move you on, which means you're screwed when you can't find another park that's open and a cocky gang with a few knifes and guns decide they like the look of all your things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukas1051)
    We've been camping before, it's just my friend really wants to go for the wedding. She is obsessed with the royals. I know it won't be sitting round a campfire with marshmallows, but I'm wondering if it'd be more similar to festivals, or if it will just be crap and dangerous.
    Crap and dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    Herp a Derp

ReputationRep:
    It's abit sad tbh.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: the expression on my face when I saw the title of this thread...

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it too OP, but I was planning on going either by Westminster Abbey, or the Mall, where there've been people camping since Monday. It doesn't matter whether you're besotted with the royals or not, but it'll be a great party atmosphere in London and something that you'll be able to tell your grandchildren about. I don't know about the rules in parks and stuff, but I think that there'll be so many people and so many police, that you probably won't be asleep anyway and it'll be pretty safe. People did it for Charles and Diana's, so I don't really see why doing it now makes you a pariah. :s

ReputationRep:
    do people actually still care about royals? move with the times people. besides they'll be divorced within 5 years. they all do

ReputationRep:
    Can i just just say that we kipped in london opposite st. james palace for the royal wedding and we had an absolute laugh!!!! It was great fun - whoever thinks camping in central london is 'gay, screbby or inappropriate' should get off their arse holes basically and do something with their lives (instead of suggesting to young people that they should just watch this stuff on tv). London is actually safer than you think if you're sensible (and drink ****e loads of alchohol like we all did and meet new people - you don't have love the royals to enjoy a party. Next time...just do it and ignore boring *******s like some of these repliers!! love scarlett x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student)
    Crap and dangerous.
    BULL****!!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.