Turn on thread page Beta

How did Piers Morgan become editor so young? watch

ReputationRep:
    He was editor of News of The World at 28, and editor of the Daily Mirror by the age of 30.

ReputationRep:
    Man got talent

ReputationRep:
    How does Piers Morgan do a lot of things

ReputationRep:
    Just think when you next see him of how many cocks must have passed those lips.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a combination of a natural talent for journalism and networking.

ReputationRep:
    he is an example of someone who worked really hard without a degree and managed to get further then nearly all of his peers with degrees. sometimes you just need the right connections and work ethic to get really far.

(Original post by air-ninety-one)
    he is an example of someone who worked really hard without a degree and managed to get further then nearly all of his peers with degrees. sometimes you just need the right connections and work ethic to get really far.
    Hasnt the man been fired twice? Quite publicly as well.

Edit: I just read his wikipedia, the man isnt succesfull because of his work ethic....it's more his complete lack of morals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morecambebay)
    Once? He left his first job by his own choice didn't he? I can't remember the outcome of his second job though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash-corbett-collins)
    I think it's a combination of a natural talent for journalism and networking.
    Sucking ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morecambebay)
    well yeah, but im saying that he worked very hard to get to where he did at such a young age because of his work ethic

ReputationRep:
    Probably cos he's good at bull****ting....and that's all those newspapers are good at doing anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by air-ninety-one)
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Hate the chap, but he is successful (in his eyes at least - and I suppose that's all that counts).

ReputationRep:
    I read that he studied Journalism at college. Maybe not a degree, but it still must have been some useful course to help get him where he is.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.