Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a few problems coming to understand all of this synoptic ramble for PSYB/A4.

My teacher always bangs on about how we need up but never explains it fully, so i was wondering if you guys could help me?

For example, in a free will and determinism debate essay, let's say i put this for some A02:

"An application of the determinism aspect of the debate would be in the neurochemical explanation of Schizophrenia. This explanation says that excessive amounts of dopamine cause greater neural activity such as hallucinations and delusions."

My teacher said that this is not enough to be synoptic, she said that you then have to evaluate this point at a synoptic level. Can someone PLEASE help me?

Thanks

My teacher said this

ReputationRep:
    Well, bring in something then from another approach, or something about another disorder/mental process, to compare/contrast with what you've already said - maybe mention something about the cognitive model and disordered thinking. It's basically trying to find links in everything you've learnt, and demonstrating that you can make these connections.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.